Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

you are correct. approx a year.
thx,
luckylucky said:
First, I think it is obvious that the # in SWA is larger than # in DOL. And, I think that most of PD of the DOL is eariler than SWA. SO, say, it takes 30 monthes to clear of the case, I divide into first 15 monthes for DOL and last 15 monthes for case from SWA. Maybe DOL takes less time cause the # is obvious lower. SInce my case is in DOL (PD: June, 03, RD:APril, 04) San-Fan orginally, I think at most it may take 15 monthes. But since CA and TX get the longest waitng period when they were in DOL, so I guess my PD maybe even earlier than the majority cases from other regional offices. Since they FIFO according to PD, so I guess, my date to get LC maybe later than 60%-70% of people in DOL overall. So, I plot it, find that it is going to take around 10 monthes. So, My guess is that I am going to take from 10 to 15 monthes to get it. So, since they have only sent out 50% of the love letters, if you got it already and you case were in regional office previously, you chance to get LC from now is no more than 15 monthes. Am I right or am I daydreaming?

sravu said:
gp,
What is NOF?
Thanks in advance

NOF : Notice Of Findings

About what?, I have no Idea.. I can't ask as those are not our company's cases..

Last edited by a moderator:
Called the Dallas BEC, they would not give me any nformation.
My employer called the BEC requesting an update. No luck there either.
We have now sent a letter to the BEC requesting status information.
Pain and frustration keeps mounting.

Icarus said:
RIR and TR are in separate queues at each BEC, each running its own FIFO, i.e., TR queue(Dallas) will not hold up RIR queue(Dallas) if it contains cases with an earlier LO date. Nor will the queue of either type in one BEC hold up the corresponding queue for that type of case at the other BEC. Also, despite DOL estimates that data entry will continue through 3/06, processing of cases has begun in all phases up to and including certification.

ICARUS,

but we also heard that although there will be theoretically 2 queues (1 for RiR and another for regular cases), the processing dates of the 2 queues will be very close, which means that the RIR cases will wait the clearance of the traditional cases that came in april 2001 under 245 i which form most of the backlog, this means in a way that theoretically there r 2 queues but practically there is one. any clarification?

urgent

Hi GP111/Icarus

I am reposting my query for my friend.

I have not recd. my 45 day letter yet.Hopefully it shall come soon.

But right now I want your expert advice for my friend and colleague. His PD is sept 2002 and rd aug 2003.He has not recd. the 45 day letter as well. But he has a son who is 20 and going to be 21 in November 2005. His attorney says that he should go in for perm as otherwise his son might age out. He is EB3 and so cannot file 485 as it is subject to visa availabilty date. (which might become available by August and his labor could also get cleared by that time).

Do you think that it is of any advantage for him to file perm instead .
Please consider it urgent as he has to get back to lawyer in a day or two.
Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

spicensour said:
Hi GP111/Icarus

I am reposting my query for my friend.

I have not recd. my 45 day letter yet.Hopefully it shall come soon.

But right now I want your expert advice for my friend and colleague. His PD is sept 2002 and rd aug 2003.He has not recd. the 45 day letter as well. But he has a son who is 20 and going to be 21 in November 2005. His attorney says that he should go in for perm as otherwise his son might age out. He is EB3 and so cannot file 485 as it is subject to visa availabilty date. (which might become available by August and his labor could also get cleared by that time).

Do you think that it is of any advantage for him to file perm instead .
Please consider it urgent as he has to get back to lawyer in a day or two.
Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Given the urgency, PERM looks like the best option. BUT ask him/his attorney to make sure NOT TO LOOSE PD while filing for PERM.. I mean find out & match all the requirements of PERM so that He could retain PD.

This is what I believe

antonioa77 said:
ICARUS,

but we also heard that although there will be theoretically 2 queues (1 for RiR and another for regular cases), the processing dates of the 2 queues will be very close, which means that the RIR cases will wait the clearance of the traditional cases that came in april 2001 under 245 i which form most of the backlog, this means in a way that theoretically there r 2 queues but practically there is one. any clarification?
I think no matter what kind of case they encounter, RIR or regular, each case will be processed one time by till the decision is made(approval or denial). SO the regular case will take a little more time than RIR one. Since I don't think they gonna process a new regular case to the RIR step and put it back to RIR queue, and then sometime later reopen the case and process to the final stages again (that is stupid). So, there is no way for them to process regular case before RIR case (DOL case) because the regular case is always later than RIR case(most cases). If they have two queues, one RIR, one regular and process them at the same time. SInce the PD of RIR case is way eariler than regular case, so that may cause that lots of people with much later PL being processed before people with eariler PL in RIR case. For example, one day, July, 04 (PD)from regular case may be processed at same day as July, 02(PD) from RIR.
That will be a total mess and unreasonable. I don't think they are that stupid. So, I agree that two queues are joining together to one only according to its PL (regardless of RIR or regular)

Sorry, I misread your question.

antonioa77 said:
ICARUS,

luckylucky said:
I think no matter what kind of case they encounter, RIR or regular, each case will be processed one time by till the decision is made(approval or denial). SO the regular case will take a little more time than RIR one. Since I don't think they gonna process a new regular case to the RIR step and put it back to RIR queue, and then sometime later reopen the case and process to the final stages again (that is stupid). So, there is no way for them to process regular case before RIR case (DOL case) because the regular case is always later than RIR case(most cases). If they have two queues, one RIR, one regular and process them at the same time. SInce the PD of RIR case is way eariler than regular case, so that may cause that lots of people with much later PL being processed before people with eariler PL in RIR case. For example, one day, July, 04 (PD)from regular case may be processed at same day as July, 02(PD) from RIR.
That will be a total mess and unreasonable. I don't think they are that stupid. So, I agree that two queues are joining together to one only according to its PL (regardless of RIR or regular)

sory but i couldn't understand ur point. what is ur point exactly?

BEC approvals

Kanjoos said:
Hey All,

BEC has been approving cases for past few weeks now, some 300 approvals were done before March 3rd mostly CA,TX, so I think by today the approvals must have reached in 1000....so we will see the forum now with approval coming. Please post your approval date guys.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

Hi Kanjoos,
this is exciting news, my PD is 9/2/2002 from CA and RD is 7/15/2003 from SFO and my 45 day letter is sent on 2/11/2005 to Dallas BEC,, so I am excited to hear the news, but how do you know the above info,, if you can provide me a link or a website that would be great,.
thanks
Krishna M<

45-day letter

Dear Forum, what will happen if we didn't get the 45-day letter until 28th? Is that also the deadline for sending the letter? THNX.

Need some input guys

Started my Green card process

at Michigan SWA on Nov.18 2003

Assuming that it is now in Dallas

Simple question - When do you think my Labor will be done ?? so that I can apply for I-140

Thanks

Simple question? that is million dollar question, that's what we all are trying to analuze. Sorry to disappoint you, but it is difficult to say any date till we see first approval from BEC.
Sgkrao said:
Started my Green card process

at Michigan SWA on Nov.18 2003

Assuming that it is now in Dallas

Simple question - When do you think my Labor will be done ?? so that I can apply for I-140

Thanks

[Query] my case

Hi!

Anyone has information goes like my case.

1) PD 09/20/2001 (EB3,RIR,CA)
2) RD 08/13/2002 (SOF)
3) remend to CA SWA ( 06/17/03)
4) Still missing where is my case :mad:

Any comments should be appreciated.

45-day letters complete by Eod of 2005 Summer

partagas said:
Dear Forum, what will happen if we didn't get the 45-day letter until 28th? Is that also the deadline for sending the letter? THNX.
No worries mate, DOL published that they will complete all data entry into the BEC database by End of Summer 2005 (Sep 21st is the official start of fall). So I am guessing thats the date by which they will also complete sending out all the 45-day letters(maybe some exceptions). So technically you should wait until end of Oct 2005 and if I dont see a 45-day letter then contact BEC. But if I were you , I would keep checking these forums to see if the state SWA cases(similiar to your PD timeline) have received a letter and then contact DOL.

partagas said:

NO.. Everybody will get 45 day letter. There are no deadlines for sending out letters.

davidkimus said:
Hi!

2) RD 08/13/2002 (SOF)

Since your case is at CA SWA and none of the cases from CA SWA have received the 45-day letter yet, I would not worry too much. If and when they start sending letters from the CA SWA, you would be one of the first to be processed. Remember that they may follow a LIFO for sending out 45-day letters (with the CA SWA queue) but ultimately your case would be one the first they would get to once they finish the April 30th (245i) cases. Good luck mate!

davidkimus said:
Hi!

2) RD 08/13/2002 (SOF)

It should be with Dallas BEC right now (Sent with SWA Cases). Once they will enter case in to their system you will get 45 day letter. Good News is, you will be ahead in FIFO queue due to PD of 2001.. (After those April Cases !!)

Still Waiting for LOVE Letter!!!!

Sent Email 5 days back, haven't got any reply (status@DAL.DFLC.US for 45-day letter to DBPS).
Anybody having SWA=WI ? I would appreciate input from anybody with similar dates as mine.
Thanks in advance

Rajiv Khanna's Comments on BEC

These are Rajiv Khanna's Comments on BEC (from AILA conf 2005)

*** As of last week they have received 250,000 cases from states and federal offices. They are doing cata entry for status. They have entered info only for 87,000. They expect to have all applications in BEC by end of May. It will take them another couple of months to finish data entry. They will then be able to post detailed data on where enerything is.

*** Don't worry if you have not yet received your 45 day letter. Their data entry is still not even half complete. A lot of cases are sitll in the boxes so they cannot tell the status of individual cases.

*** They will have a FIFO policy. RIR and Non RIR (Then call them "TR" - Traditional Cases)application will have two separate tracks. They think that RIR's will go through a "little quicker"

*** DOL intends to respect the regional RIR policies for advertising and recruitment, but will take a NATIONAL approach in RIR adjudications.

*** USDOL requests that do not initiate status checks (especially through Members of Congress)

*** They have had a fairly large number of withdrawals.

Ref :http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/Aila_Conf_2005.pdf