Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Totally agree with gp111

gp111 said:
In this kinda public forum, we have to ignore some posts & PEOPLE TRYING TO SHOOT THE MESSANGERS !.. Most of the folks here really appreciate what ICARUS, AKELA, THOMSHU or ORISSA brings to table. If some people don't believe in it, just ignore their posts.

Also, If someone on this forum have better info then this people (ICARUS, AKELA etc) Or solid reason to believe their info is wrong, then Post it .. Don't just shoot in Vaccum.

On a side not, My lawyer also has received 2 NOFs from BEC & has replied them. Once get some answers I WILL POST IT.

These are posts by individuals like you and me & not by someone who is getting paid by anyone to post the "accurate" information. Take what you like and extrapolate - for more accurate info go to your lawyers (who BTW get paid to provide "accurate" info) but don't run down people like Icarus and others because most of us (me included) have understood so much about the process because of their posts!!

texancanadian said:
I wonder what the record for extending H1 is , has anyone heard of anyone on 9th or 10th yr of H1 ?

Lets's hope that nobody would have to go through that many extensions.
As for now 9th and more year extension makes no sence simply because extensions appeared only 2 years ago. Before that one had to leave the country if in 6 years he was not in status yet.

at last got 45 days letter

Hi guys today i got 45 days letter. It took 6 weeks to change from T to D.
Unfortunately they also asked about my Company information.

State :MI
PD : Feb, 2003
RD : Apr, 2004
Case # D-05010-13****
45 day Letter : March, 25 2005
Preparing for reply

Questions to the Employer

What kind of questions were asked in the 45-day letter? It would be great if you could share the content of the letter.

Thanks

MICHIGAN
RD March 2004
45-day letter - not yet :cool:

There is nothing wrong, even mine was T first adn they asked us to fill some left outs like date at employers' signature and my signature and fill attorney's name etc. when they sent 45 day letter with case number chnaged to D.
My PD is June 2003 and Rd is Mar. 2004
Actually that is when they want to make sure the application is in order, nothing to worry.
med2005 said:
Hi guys today i got 45 days letter. It took 6 weeks to change from T to D.
Unfortunately they also asked about my Company information.

State :MI
PD : Feb, 2003
RD : Apr, 2004
Case # D-05010-13****
45 day Letter : March, 25 2005
Preparing for reply

Got reply from DLFC after 25 days

Hi Guys,

Texas PD : 12/02/2002
Dallas RD: 07/31/2003
Got Case# D-04257-XXXXX in reply from DLFC after 25 days
Still waiting for the letter. those who didnt get letters yet from BEC ,pl mail only once to status@DAL.DFLC.US and wait until you get reply .......

Best of luck !!!!!

Hi TexanCanadian,
I am currently in my 9th year extension. Regarding the $3,000 for H-1, current charges for H-1 are about $1500 + $300 (approx) just for H-1 and the rest is for attorney fees (hopefully, you can figure the rest). There was a lag time of 1 year where the fees was about $300. Your friend might want to find out details from his employer on all the charges and recover some of it.

Hope this helps.
cadesi

texancanadian said:
Hi Guys,
I met an old buddy yesterday after a gap . He said he applied from Texas as regular case in November 1999 but has still not heard anything on his case whatsoever. He says that twice his lawyer received a letter asking if they want to persue the case and both times they replied in the affirmative, but still no request to further proceed in the case .
Is this even possible a 11/1999 case still awaiting instructions to advertise ?

He also said that every time he files annual extension (he is in 8 th yr now) it costs him $ 3,000 or so. Is that reasonable ?

I wonder what the record for extending H1 is , has anyone heard of anyone on 9th or 10th yr of H1 ?

bbli said:
Hi, the 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received today March 25. Finally they approved my LC.

I have been patience enough. My LC was filed with TWC back in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. I waited 4 years & 9 months for my LC. Hopefully my I-140 & 485 don't take too long.

Good luck to all of you.

Looks like the first approval from BEC...This confirms 100% they started processing. This approval is from DALLAS BEC.

documents from employer

compay established documents, lease documents and utility bill (telephone bill)

gbroder said:
What kind of questions were asked in the 45-day letter? It would be great if you could share the content of the letter.

Thanks

MICHIGAN
RD March 2004
45-day letter - not yet :cool:

shaaka said:
Looks like the first approval from BEC...This confirms 100% they started processing. This approval is from DALLAS BEC.

I cannot see any approval on this message board. Am I missing something??

shaaka said:
Sorry my bad, I must be going blind and insane due to this LC madness.

ICARUS is RIGHT, DOL is not

Zany Brainy, I think you are stupid, by saying ICARUS is giving incorrect statement. He is telling what he knows, hope is created by you. He is giving best information, its your mind which creates expectations.

Secondly, Approvals have already started, as I had said earlier. Just that they are approving cases very old from Dallas. I know 3-4 ppl from california who got approval PD- 2000/2001, Its not IT-related cases.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

antonioa77 said:
well from what i realise ICARUS is saying exactly the reverse of what DOL, if it talks, says.

1-ICARUS says that DB should be finished by march 2006 whereas DOl says by end of summer 05. i think Icarus statement makes more sense bcs simply, Dol started entering DB in sep 04, so 7 months till now and they just entered 87,000 applications, this means that on avg it takes 6 months to enter around 100,000 applications, if there r more than 300,000 backlogged cases, therefore Db will take at least 1.5 yrs from sep 04 so march 06 is a good estimate and not late summer 05

2- about processing, Icarus says there will be 2 different independent lines, one for RIR and one for regular. DOl says it is a national queue.

3- Icarus says they started processing , Dol says they will start in late summer 05, here i think icarus may be right but to a certain extent.i think probably they started processing but i think it will be a long time till they reach full efficiency therefore i doubt that they will process now more than a few thousands if not less before summer. therefore i don't expect heavy processing before end of summer if not march 06 till they finish entering the data.

those are my conclusions. any comment?

Last edited by a moderator:
there are many posts that people have received NOFs and approvals of very early cases.Has anyone heard any approvals or NOFs for 2002 PD cases?

no 45 day letter yet

GreenyGreen said:
Hi Guys,

Texas PD : 12/02/2002
Dallas RD: 07/31/2003
Got Case# D-04257-XXXXX in reply from DLFC after 25 days
Still waiting for the letter. those who didnt get letters yet from BEC ,pl mail only once to status@DAL.DFLC.US and wait until you get reply .......

Best of luck !!!!!

I am in the same boat as you are.Recd. my new case # through email about a month back but no 45 day letter yet.My lawyer wants to file perm.
I have no idea what to do.
CAl PD : AUG 2002
SF RD : AUG 2003
CASE # P - 04230-XXXX :mad:

post a question for my friend

Hi, everybody:
I am posting a question for a friend of mine. He would appreciate any response or opnion about this.
His case: worked as h1-b1 in company A for two years then he transfered to H4 visa for 2 years. Then he transferred from H4 back to h1B1 and started working for company B for 1/2 years till now. So, do you think he have 6 years of H1 visa period? Will the first two years for company A be included or excluded? If it is included, means he has already used H1 visa for 2 and 1/2 now.
I would appreciate any valuable opnion about his case.
Luckylucky

H1 - 2yrs
H4 - 2yrs
h1 - 1/2yrs
--------
total 4-1/2yrs
I think he has used up 4-1/2 yrs of his H1.
Correct me if I am wrong.

http://murthy.com/chatlogs/ch011005_P.html

below is the question and answer from murthy.com chat
Chat User : I have stayed in H1B status for 6 years. I have not filed for the GC. Can I convert to H-4 and stay beyond 6 years? My spouse's H1B is valid up to September 2007.

Attorney Murthy : Although the USCIS regulations seem to include all time on H1B or H-4 towards the 6-year cap, we have found that the USCIS has generally granted the COS for the spouse on H-4 dependent status if the H1B principal still has time remaining on the H1B. So although it is not safe to rely on the USCIS's inconsistent position, a person must consider other options, like an F-1 student or a J-1 exchange program trainee, depending on the person's long- term interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot! I think you are right. But I think he can stay as h4 after the 6th years if he cannot get a extension for his 7th year H1. I heard about lots of people's spouse staying as H4 for 8 years as long as their spouse can extend their H1 visa. However, I don't think he can get GC for his own employment since he has used up 4 and 1/2 years, do you agree?

luckylucky said:
Thanks a lot! I think you are right. But I think he can stay as h4 after the 6th years if he cannot get a extension for his 7th year H1. I heard about lots of people's spouse staying as H4 for 8 years as long as their spouse can extend their H1 visa. However, I don't think he can get GC for his own employment since he has used up 4 and 1/2 years, do you agree?

He can always get GC from his employment if his employer willing to sponser him.. There are no restrictions on GC filings due to Used H1 Years.. You can get GC even without H1.

antonioa77 said:
well check this immigration lawyer website, they confirmed that they got a Lc cleared last week in BRC. therefore it is clear that BRC started processing. but the question remain at which pace?

here is the link:
http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm#03242005d

Good Browsing and Posting:
And Icraus was true in his prediction
At last we can start counting 24 -30 months processing time for BEC.

What link says
The First Labor Certificate Approved by the Texas BCR (03-24-2005) [Top]

On March 18, 2005, this office received an approval of a Labor Certificate Application (regular non-waiver case) from the Texas Backlog Reduction Center (BRC). This Labor Certificate was originally filed with the Texas State Agency on August 18, 2000 and transferred to the Department of Labor (DOL) on October 24, 2001. The 45-day letter was received and responded to on January 3, 2005.