Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Question

Guys

Does anybody know what type of LCs are being approved? I am in Arkansas and I am an IT professional. How do they decide if a person should get approved or not.

I am curious about that.

Thanks
mbturantekin

mbturantekin said:
Guys

Does anybody know what type of LCs are being approved? I am in Arkansas and I am an IT professional. How do they decide if a person should get approved or not.

I am curious about that.

Thanks
mbturantekin

When it comes to approving all the professions are on the same boat as long as the case is genuine. Right now the BECs are supposed to approve the cases as "first filed first approved " basis. But the RIR cases are supposed to get priority over Non-RIR cases.

Please read the FAQs of the forum.

Thanks, I tried to search for the definition of "RIR" I couldnt find it.
Do you guys mind telling me what it is?

thanks
mbturantekin

gcbez said:
When it comes to approving all the professions are on the same boat as long as the case is genuine. Right now the BECs are supposed to approve the cases as "first filed first approved " basis. But the RIR cases are supposed to get priority over Non-RIR cases.

Please read the FAQs of the forum.

mbturantekin said:
Thanks, I tried to search for the definition of "RIR" I couldnt find it.
Do you guys mind telling me what it is?

thanks
mbturantekin

RIR = Reduction In Recruitment

It is the acronym used to described an LC application for which the recruitment step was done before submitting the application to the DOL.

H1 Extension

Hi all

I would like to know more about H1 extension.I'll complete my 6 years on H1B this october. My LC is pending at BEC for more than a year.

1.when can i file for extension?
2.How can i get the screen shot regarding the status of my LC wiith BEC?

Expecting a reply soon

Thanks.

H1 extension

1. Ask your lawyer to contact dBEC and get the screen shot, which shows that your labor has been pending for more than one year.

2. You can then file for your H1 extension. Applications for H1 extension can be filed no earlier than 6 months from the date of expiry of the current H1. Since your H1 expires in October, you should be eligible to apply for your H1 extension in April or May depending on what your expiry date on your current H1 is.

3. If your labor is going to be approved soon (within in the next 5 monhts), I would rather wait until the labor is approved. This is because you would then be eligible for a three year extension rather than the one year extension.

gcgal said:
Hi all

I would like to know more about H1 extension.I'll complete my 6 years on H1B this october. My LC is pending at BEC for more than a year.

1.when can i file for extension?
2.How can i get the screen shot regarding the status of my LC wiith BEC?

Expecting a reply soon

Thanks.

Veterans!!

indio0617 said:
I feel for you. Waiting since 03/2002.. TERRIBLE..

You are really patient true to your user id...

The positive (if I can offer you some encouragement) in all this is that you will be so early in the queue for 485 when your LC is approved. Wish you good luck..

Dont forget us. I have a PD of Aug 2001 and I personally know people who have PD Dec 2000 who still haven't received their 45 DL. Just so you know what Patience went through is nothing compared to us.

Just to clarify. One can get three year extensions only after the I-140 is approved. In my case CSC is taking 5 months to approve I-140's, so I am stuck getting the 8th year extension, and not a 3 year extension.

frostrated said:
3. If your labor is going to be approved soon (within in the next 5 monhts), I would rather wait until the labor is approved. This is because you would then be eligible for a three year extension rather than the one year extension.

Sure?

sfmars said:
Because PD of IA and IL which were the last who went Region was 05/2004.
And Regional RIR queue in DBEC now is around 05/2004.

Since we start to see certifications only from NE/KS (where SWA cleared cases during two weeks) with PD 01/2005 and 12/2004, Regional RIR cases (which went to Region, before BEC) will not have advantages any more.

Even now we can see certified SWA cases, in the nearest future we will see more and more certified SWA cases with old PD from such states like Indiana and much less appovals from CA/TX/IL/IA. Because their SWA PD are newer.

What are you talking about? CA SWA cases date back to 1998 are yet to processed. I know a few people in my company have PD Dec 2000 and a LOT of cases that are later than May 2001. CA has the most number of very old SWA cases untouched.

Hi sainn

Could you post all your information.
STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received
Query yes/no state/dBEC ->

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Cleared

Hi All ,

Just wanted to share with you all that my labor is cleared yesterday. The details are as follows-

CA
EB2 / RIR
PD : July 25 2002
45 Days letter received : Jan 10 th , 2006
Labor approved : Feb 7 th , 2006.

Regards, HM

PD of Aug 2001

devar said:
Dont forget us. I have a PD of Aug 2001 and I personally know people who have PD Dec 2000 who still haven't received their 45 DL. Just so you know what Patience went through is nothing compared to us.

I'm waiting since Aug 2001 as well and my attorney told me that recruitment is done on my case. Any estimate as to when the LC will get approved.

Regional? or SWA?

Hi MukhyalaHK

what is your RD, did it ever made to regional??

MukhyalaHK said:
Hi All ,

Just wanted to share with you all that my labor is cleared yesterday. The details are as follows-

CA
EB2 / RIR
PD : July 25 2002
45 Days letter received : Jan 10 th , 2006
Labor approved : Feb 7 th , 2006.

Regards, HM

Interesting

devar said:

There is an interesting news for you in this email, I received from DBEC yahoo forum,

Anil Raghavan <saaketham@hotmail.com> wrote:
Priority Date : Jan 12 2005
45-day Letter Received: Feb 6 2006
Letter will be signed and sent to lawyer today.

Just wanted to let everyone know things are progressing at the Dallas
BEC. :) I'm not too knowledgeable about the terms and stuff of GC
application, since I ain't worrying too much about it. :) Thanks for
the forum .. its nice to read about others in similar boats.

Anil

devar said:
What are you talking about? CA SWA cases date back to 1998 are yet to processed. I know a few people in my company have PD Dec 2000 and a LOT of cases that are later than May 2001. CA has the most number of very old SWA cases untouched.

Just read recent couple of hundered pages then you understand for sure what I am talking about, and especially take a look carefully to the BEC tracker (Excel Spreadsheet).

You know there are some companies (especially in CA) where management just to keep employees in staff keep saying them that they have filed GC applications for them long long time ago. But it just only sound. Are you sure that your company is not like that ?

Do you have paper tracks from your company for you and for your friends ?
Did your company do a recruitment efforts ? Did they advertise your positions in the National recognized newspapers ?

Did you or your friends get a screenshots from DBEC or PBEC for 7th year extension ? I know you have tried several months ago but based on your signature did not get one yet.

Interesting ?

I too saw that. I am not sure , any typo or special handling case or any miracle?

PD 01/12/2005 got a 45 day letter. People are waiting for more than 5 years and one year old case getting a 45 day letter.
If that is true we have to go mad with DBEC( as if not now).

undelivered said:
There is an interesting news for you in this email, I received from DBEC yahoo forum,

Anil Raghavan <saaketham@hotmail.com> wrote:
Priority Date : Jan 12 2005
45-day Letter Received: Feb 6 2006
Letter will be signed and sent to lawyer today.

Just wanted to let everyone know things are progressing at the Dallas
BEC. :) I'm not too knowledgeable about the terms and stuff of GC
application, since I ain't worrying too much about it. :) Thanks for
the forum .. its nice to read about others in similar boats.

Anil

Hi guys - I've been following this thread silently. I'm happy to tell you that my labor certificate has been approved. Hope you guys will hear the same news soon!!!

WA RIR/EB3
ETA Case: T-051178-XXXXX
PD: 03/2003
Never made it to regional
45 Day Letter: 01/12/06
45 Day Letter Replied: 01/17/2006
Labor approved: 02/08/2006 (email from lawyer)

GC152003 said:
I too saw that. I am not sure , any typo or special handling case or any miracle?

PD 01/12/2005 got a 45 day letter. People are waiting for more than 5 years and one year old case getting a 45 day letter.
If that is true we have to go mad with DBEC( as if not now).

Dbec i s finishing their list of 45 day letters...so everyone will be getting it very soon irrespective of PD

TX - filed in 2001, still nothing

Not sure if I am the most unlucky person here. I have a EB2 RIR LC filed in TX back in 08/2001. It went to reginal office, but then kicked back to state due to the mass layoff in computer industry in year 2001-2002. Now supposedly my case moved to Dallas, but no news, no 45-day letter.

Is there anything that I can do at all?

Thank you!