Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

LC approved. Some questions on I-140 application.

Hi,

My LC was approved by DBEC 10 days ago. My company's lawyer told me they began to prepare my I-140 petition immediately. But 10 days passed, I didn't hear anything from them so far. I had little idea about the procedure of I-140 petition. Could anyone please tell me if I must apply I-140 within 45 days of labor certification approved? Do I need to sign on the I-140 petition form before the form is sent out? Thanks in advance!

CalEngineer said:
Hi,

My LC was approved by DBEC 10 days ago. My company's lawyer told me they began to prepare my I-140 petition immediately. But 10 days passed, I didn't hear anything from them so far. I had little idea about the procedure of I-140 petition. Could anyone please tell me if I must apply I-140 within 45 days of labor certification approved? Do I need to sign on the I-140 petition form before the form is sent out? Thanks in advance!

Of Course you must sign petition if you did not do it by chance before your LC approval I would say that your I-140 is not filed yet if you did not sign anything.
There are some kind of personal questions in the petition (If you ever filed immigration petition before or not, when was the last time when you came to US and so on)

45 day rule is not implemented yet as I know. Your employer should give you official receipt from INS that your petition is filed. There is a number there and you can track your case number online from official INS web site.

I belive that when 45 day rules of filing is implemented it will be big relief for people who are affected by retrogression. Because I think that some consulting companies keep approved LC with PD 1999/2000 and they become not valid then and retrogression dates will move forward.

We too hope so. Good luck.

Sr100671 said:
Hi Friends,

Today I got a call from my attorney and she said that Dallas Backlog Elimination Center has asked to send the original application to them again before end of this month. Attorney thinks that they might have misplaced my documents and she sees this has a good indication to get the approval very soon.

Anyone thoughts?

Thanks

Filed with SWA: 29 Dec 2003 (PD)
Moved to DOL: August 3rd 2004
45-day letter: May-June 2005
Moved to Dallas BEC
Chicago: IL
Still waiting for the approval

Got LC approval but have question about "date of acceptance for processing"

Guys,

Today I received a letter from DBEC which says "Form ETA 750 has been ceritified" which means my labour got approved after 2 years 8 months of waiting. I have not received ET 750, I think that my employer will get that.

In this letter the date of acceptance for processing is Dec 2003 but my PD is APR-03. Does anybody has any idea about it?... is "date of acceptance for processing" should be as PD or both can be diffrent...

Thanks,

Hello sunofeast_GC!

Something does not sound right. My PD is mid-Dec '03, and CA EDD said that they transfered my case to DOL end of Sep. '04. So, the timeframes are about the same and mine was a CA-RIR-EB3 as well. Therefore, it seems like your filing with EDD was in Dec. '03 and that would be your PD/Date of Acceptance. I would check the Apr '03 date.

Regards,

Emil

sunofeast_GC said:
Guys,

Today I received a letter from DBEC which says "Form ETA 750 has been ceritified" which means my labour got approved after 2 years 8 months of waiting. I have not received ET 750, I think that my employer will get that.

In this letter the date of acceptance for processing is Dec 2003 but my PD is APR-03. Does anybody has any idea about it?... is "date of acceptance for processing" should be as PD or both can be diffrent...

Thanks,

"Date of Acceptance for processing" ? please help

hbcsc153 said:
Hello sunofeast_GC!

Something does not sound right. My PD is mid-Dec '03, and CA EDD said that they transfered my case to DOL end of Sep. '04. So, the timeframes are about the same and mine was a CA-RIR-EB3 as well. Therefore, it seems like your filing with EDD was in Dec. '03 and that would be your PD/Date of Acceptance. I would check the Apr '03 date.

Regards,

Emil

HBCSC and ALL,

My employer forwarded me copy of EDD Receipt Notice with PD and case number in April 2003, so I am 100% sure that my case was filed in APR-2003....and it went to DOL in OCT-2004 (since I had query at state level so it took more then year to get state approval)

If the "Date of Acceptance for processing" is the same as PD, I don't know why it is wrong in final determination letter... If you guys have any idea please let me know how can correct it.....

GP11 and other gurus Please help...

Thanks,

Hello sunofeast_GC!

Okay. I guess that the query casued the timeframes to change. So, I really don't know the answer to your original question. Over to the gurus.

Btw, congratulations on the approval.

Regards,

Emil

sunofeast_GC said:
HBCSC and ALL,

My employer forwarded me copy of EDD Receipt Notice with PD and case number in April 2003, so I am 100% sure that my case was filed in APR-2003....and it went to DOL in OCT-2004 (since I had query at state level so it took more then year to get state approval)

If the "Date of Acceptance for processing" is the same as PD, I don't know why it is wrong in final determination letter... If you guys have any idea please let me know how can correct it.....

GP11 and other gurus Please help...

Thanks,

"The IG report is expected to affect the immigration benefits processing, requiring the changes in the procedures in petitions or applications. First, the USCIS is expected to require the biometric collection as a standard procedure for the "first" application or petition for any immigrant or nonimmigrant benefits. The USCIS has reported that it intends to require a biometric collection for the temporary worker (I-129) petitions and other applications, including the ancillary proceedings such as EAD and Advance Parole. This may affect the EAD application procedures in two ways, among others. Currently the agency allows mail-in EAD application which does not require the biometric collection unlike online filings. It is likely that the agency may change that. As for the Interm EAD after 90-day of filing of EAD application, the agency may adopt the current practice of some of the Service Centers and local district offices that state that the 90-day clock does not start ticking until the biometric is completed at the Application Service Centers. Moreover, even though the USCIS enacted a regulation, multiple-year EAD issuance may turn out to be a dead regulation because of the security issues. People should be prepared for such upcoming changes. "

http://www.immigration-law.com/

What does this mean ? "90-day clock does not start ticking until the biometric is completed"
How much time does this "biometric" take ?

Looks like more troubles are ahead..

psc said:
I just came to know from my lawyer that my labor is cleared few weeks back but he fargot to inform me. MI/EB3/RIR, PD 8/2003, 45 day letter 4/2005. My case was forwarded to DBEC from chicago DOL.

Forgot to inform!!!!!!

Congratulations

sunofeast_GC said:
Guys,

Thanks,

Congratulations. PD of Apr 03! i am sure you must have been waiting for this day. Did you have NOF/REF at state level?

Visa Bulletin

They went back for visa availability for "the rest of the world" as far as I remember, the cut off date was October 2001 and that is now April 2001. It sounds like this %$#@ gc will never come. :mad:

Employment-Based

All Chargeability
Areas Except
Those Listed CH IN ME PH

1st C 01JAN02 01JUL03 C C
2nd C 01JUN01 01JAN01 C C
3rd 01APR01 01APR01 01JUN99 01MAR01 01APR01
Schedule A
Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01
4th C C C C C
Certain
Religious
Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted
Employment
Areas/Regional
Centers C C C C C

MDwatch said:

jjj8 said:
They went back for visa availability for "the rest of the world" as far as I remember, the cut off date was October 2001 and that is now April 2001. It sounds like this %$#@ gc will never come. :mad:

Employment-Based

All Chargeability
Areas Except
Those Listed CH IN ME PH

1st C 01JAN02 01JUL03 C C
2nd C 01JUN01 01JAN01 C C
3rd 01APR01 01APR01 01JUN99 01MAR01 01APR01
Schedule A
Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01 01APR01
4th C C C C C
Certain
Religious
Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted
Employment
Areas/Regional
Centers C C C C C
This is from last months: it was 15MAR01 moved 1 month forward. If you are looking at EB3

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C 01JUL01 01FEB03 C C
2nd C 01FEB01 01JUL00 C C
3rd 15MAR01 01JAN01 01JAN99 01FEB01 15MAR01
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2744.html

Will a Mis-demeanor charge affect LC & GC ??.

Gurus,
I am in a very difficult situation currently. I don't want to discuss my personal situation on a public firm but I am worried about what will happen to my LC, GC and Visa. In an unfortunate situation, I ended up ,being put into Jail and getting released on a bail for a Mis-demeanor charge. Will a Mis-demeanor charge affect Labor Certification and Green Card. If any body has any information, please pass it onto me.

It may / may not matter...

If this is a simple DUI kind of issue - then you may be OK. If, it is an assault charge - then it may be difficult. It is said (and I know based on a friends' case) that DUIs eventually are neglected.

But without knowing what you got into - it will be difficult to say anything. I recommend, that you speak with an attorney to get the best scenario.

Good Luck!

skganji said:
Gurus,
I am in a very difficult situation currently. I don't want to discuss my personal situation on a public firm but I am worried about what will happen to my LC, GC and Visa. In an unfortunate situation, I ended up ,being put into Jail and getting released on a bail for a Mis-demeanor charge. Will a Mis-demeanor charge affect Labor Certification and Green Card. If any body has any information, please pass it onto me.

Mis-demeanor

calabor2001 said:
If this is a simple DUI kind of issue - then you may be OK. If, it is an assault charge - then it may be difficult. It is said (and I know based on a friends' case) that DUIs eventually are neglected.

But without knowing what you got into - it will be difficult to say anything. I recommend, that you speak with an attorney to get the best scenario.

Good Luck!

I am almost screwed up , I think. But, I would like to put some details , here which may provide some relief to me.
I was arrested by the cop and put into jail under the charge of domestic violence,assault, battery, mis-demeanor . Me and my wife got into an arguement and fight and I ended up slapping her on her face. I had 3 rings in my hand and one of the rings scratched her eye socket. Fortunately, she was healed the next day. But when I took her to the doctor, the doctor called the cop and the cop arrested me and took me to police station and then to jail. The court granted me a bail and I came back to work . I hired an experienced attorney who is expertise in Domestic Violence. Also, my wife is not pressing any charges.