Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Confused about I-94

Hello everyone,

I know that this is not the right forum, but I need your advice.
I am planning on going on vacation in 1 week. I recently applied and got my H1-B 7th year extension until 1/2007 (my LC is pending in Dallas BEC). So far so good... However, the I-94 that I have in my passport has expired in 9/2004. Of course, I have another one that is attached to my current petition, which expires 1/2006.
I read a murthy.com bulleting that I need to hand over my current I-94 to the airport official when departing the country. According to my attorney, I should not remove the I-94 that is attached to my petition but hand out the expired one. I am really confused. Please advice. :confused:

GC_Lover said:
if you have LC and 140 approved you can get H1 in 3 years extension, in that case LC does not have to be 1 year old, thats my understanding.

so you saying that if a person gets his/her LC as well as 140 in the 6th yr, then he will be eligible for an extension??
and based on this, the person will also be eligible to get 3yrs extension for H1b?
This is a possible situation as everybody knows that LC( through perm) is taking 2-4 months and I140 ( atleast in CA) is taking less than 6months.
So, basically a person can work for a company for 5 yrs and then switch to a new company and file for EB2. And considering that EB2 is 2.5- 3 yrs ahead of EB3, a person will not end up losing a lot on his PD as well....
That sounds like a plan...

A thought from a different angle

After reading about the NOF (Notice of Finding) and inquiries lately, it made me think some. So I e-mailed my attorney (an excellent attorney that usually gets back to me in less than 2 hours) and asked: "of the cases that YOU prepared, how many had NOFs/inquiries/questions from the BEC."
Fortunately, she is 2 for 2 and has not had a query -- both went through very smoothly-- I know (assume) they are only on regional cases which have already been prescreened.
I wonder about the very unfortunate people that have been waiting soooo much longer than me; have they had their case prepared by an attorney that may not be thorough (e.g. made errors/ommissions/etc) and may have numerous inquires/delays/questions on many of their (attorney's other) cases????
The attorney that my company first used screwed up so much, that they forgot my wife and kids on the H1-B --> thus, they were here "illegally" at one point. After six months of illegal presense in the US, you are banned from rentry for 3 (?) years. Had my company stayed with these attorney's, I have no bought they would have made mistakes resulting in long delays.
Just a thought gang. Maybe the people waiting for years should call their attorney and ask for their "batting percentage".

Wrong Case Source = STATE ( instead of REGIONAL)

Hello,

My case PD APR03 Still pending in Dallas BEC as the Case Source : STATE in screen shot is wrong.. ( It should have been REGIONAL )

Any suggestion to get the Case Source corrected to REGIONAL??

Thanks,
AnbFL

-------------------------
History :
1. PD APR03 (approved at OH SWA and transferred to Chicago DOL on in PR2004 )
2. BEC Case was closed mistakenly and reopened in Oct05

I-94

roddy said:
Hello everyone,

I am planning on going on vacation in 1 week. I recently applied and got my H1-B 7th year extension until 1/2007 (my LC is pending in Dallas BEC). So far so good... However, the I-94 that I have in my passport has expired in 9/2004. Of course, I have another one that is attached to my current petition, which expires 1/2006.
I read a murthy.com bulleting that I need to hand over my current I-94 to the airport official when departing the country. According to my attorney, I should not remove the I-94 that is attached to my petition but hand out the expired one. I am really confused. Please advice. :confused:

As far as I know, you need to hand over the latest I-94. When you come back in to the US then you will be issued a new I-94 with a date that is on your Visa. This is what I know is right and I may be wrong. So ask someone in the airport immigration booth or another attorney.

What's wrong with you dear?

Please read earlier posts before you show your mad side to others. I was just asking this because someone in the forum suggested they might have forgotten.

You tell me yourself : If someone tells you BEC forgot to send you the 45 day letter after data entry, what would be your next question to him?

If posting a question on this forum causes delays at the BECs, let's ask the admins to shut it down..

May peace be with you

devar said:
Let them do their job. Why do you have to remind them? And how do you know they forgot to send YOU the letter. You are not the only one without the 45 day letter. So please wait patiently and things will happen. People like you are creating unnecessary delay and making it tough for those people in BEC to do their jobs. I would advise you to Get over yourself and stop being so desperate to get your GC.

------------------------------------------------------------ :mad:

PD Aug 2001
RD OCT 2002
Remanded Jun 2003
45 DL NONE
7th yr EXT Filed

good job cancanuk

Good job cancanuk.
Unfortunately I can not provide the same information to this board/group as my attorney is the most "reckless", "unprofessionally professional" person that I have seen in my life so far. (I apolozise for my language and I am talking about MY ATTORNEY ONLY and no-one else.) He doesn't answer questions/concerns regarding my own case, how can I expect to get an answer for a generic question. I am soooooo determined that I will definitely change my attorney for the next stages of my processing.

cacanuk said:
After reading about the NOF (Notice of Finding) and inquiries lately, it made me think some. So I e-mailed my attorney (an excellent attorney that usually gets back to me in less than 2 hours) and asked: "of the cases that YOU prepared, how many had NOFs/inquiries/questions from the BEC."
Fortunately, she is 2 for 2 and has not had a query -- both went through very smoothly-- I know (assume) they are only on regional cases which have already been prescreened.

Maybe the people waiting for years should call their attorney and ask for their "batting percentage".

Certified But...

Certified: 11/10/05
Received mail notice by mail: 11/28/05

But, my lawyer still has not received it yet. Is this strange?

Check the tracker.

Hey,

Check the tracker that talks about the similar problem like yours.

"DBEC: Screen-shot field - CASE-SOURCE = "State" Approval Tracker" .

You can get some idea from there.

My posting was also there and it explains about what you can do to correct it.
----------------------

AnbuFl said:
Hello,

My case PD APR03 Still pending in Dallas BEC as the Case Source : STATE in screen shot is wrong.. ( It should have been REGIONAL )

Any suggestion to get the Case Source corrected to REGIONAL??

Thanks,
AnbFL

-------------------------
History :
1. PD APR03 (approved at OH SWA and transferred to Chicago DOL on in PR2004 )
2. BEC Case was closed mistakenly and reopened in Oct05

Every one from SWA case should be very actively involved, I am in conversation with my regional Senator Bayh's office, with congressional inquiry twice on my case, same answer, that they are processing April 2001 state cases, didnot clarified that those were for state cases or regional.

Backlog center and nationalization of labor cert with centralization into two main BPC centers were meant to reduce the back log of the states(not just the cases) severely back log, and what were those states...............INDIANA as #1.

Every one who truely belive in a fair system ask the same question why all SWA cases and TR cases are still suffering, how come a case filed years after a SWA case gets approved while that person still waiting, just because he or she live in a backlog state that never sent case to regional or its a TR case, if thats ture so what those backlog reductions centers are suppose to do?

Some one need to answer those questions. there is no audit, no checks no procedure and policies, memo says clearly cases processed based on PD by FIFO.
Wake up every one contact the senator, also every one can send a letter to Mr. E. Chaio, secretry labor dept, I did send him a very straight letter week ago. no responce yet.
thanks for reading my frustations.

PERM @ first month advertisement
RIR, IN, Oct 2, 2002( temp case # no letter)
140approved( NIW- 5 year physician underserve commitment)
485/EAD pending awaiting adjudication via RIR or NIW

Traditional Recruitment Approvals at Dallas BEC

Has any body with traditional recruitement got approved from Dallas BEC?

PD August 2001

I-94

roddy said:
Hello everyone,

Roddy,

When I was traveling out of USA, I gave both Original I-94 and I-797 I-94 (stapled them together) to the officials. You have to give the latest I-94 per rules. I would ask attorney why he/she is insisting not to remove I-94 from I-797c? I think your attorney is mistaken in this case.

Regards.

I-94

GCCovet said:
Roddy,

When I was traveling out of USA, I gave both Original I-94 and I-797 I-94 (stapled them together) to the officials. You have to give the latest I-94 per rules. I would ask attorney why he/she is insisting not to remove I-94 from I-797c? I think your attorney is mistaken in this case.

Regards.

My attorney said I needed the entire approval notice in order to get the new visa... :(

Take a xerox copy before you submit it at the airport. When my wife was leaving to india I submitted both the expired and the new I94 but they returned the expired one to me and took the present valid one at the airport. I am sure that you have to submit the latest one.

I-94

gth999 said:
Take a xerox copy before you submit it at the airport. When my wife was leaving to india I submitted both the expired and the new I94 but they returned the expired one to me and took the present valid one at the airport. I am sure that you have to submit the latest one.

gth999, thank you so much...

Labor Approved

Hi All -
My lawyer called me and informed that my Labor got approved.. FINALLY...

Thanks to all, who kept this forum alive with news, updates etc.

PD -- Dec 12 2003
RD --- Aug 2004
45 Day letter replied ---- Feb 2005
State --- OH RIR/EB3

Good luck

Congrates! Good luck to your next stages.

gottira said:
Hi All -

PD -- Dec 12 2003
RD --- Aug 2004
State --- OH RIR/EB3

Good luck

Congrates gottira

Could you tell us whether you are from software profession or health care? I hope you are from health care am I right?

gottira

Registered User Join Date: Oct 2004

Labor Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All -

PD -- Dec 12 2003
RD --- Aug 2004
State --- OH RIR/EB3

Good luck

Strongly agree.
Indianavictim said:
Every one from SWA case should be very actively involved, I am in conversation with my regional Senator Bayh's office, with congressional inquiry twice on my case, same answer, that they are processing April 2001 state cases, didnot clarified that those were for state cases or regional.

Backlog center and nationalization of labor cert with centralization into two main BPC centers were meant to reduce the back log of the states(not just the cases) severely back log, and what were those states...............INDIANA as #1.

Every one who truely belive in a fair system ask the same question why all SWA cases and TR cases are still suffering, how come a case filed years after a SWA case gets approved while that person still waiting, just because he or she live in a backlog state that never sent case to regional or its a TR case, if thats ture so what those backlog reductions centers are suppose to do?

Some one need to answer those questions. there is no audit, no checks no procedure and policies, memo says clearly cases processed based on PD by FIFO.
Wake up every one contact the senator, also every one can send a letter to Mr. E. Chaio, secretry labor dept, I did send him a very straight letter week ago. no responce yet.
thanks for reading my frustations.

PERM @ first month advertisement
RIR, IN, Oct 2, 2002( temp case # no letter)
140approved( NIW- 5 year physician underserve commitment)
485/EAD pending awaiting adjudication via RIR or NIW