Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

DBEC is random !!!

I am a silent reader of this forum , and yesterday one of my colleague got his approval of 01/24/2003 from DBEC and we 2 other people of PD 01/21/2003 are still waiting for our approval. Today we sent to PBEC for checking our status and found that we are Still "RIR" , It shows that DBEC is is really very random.
Can anyone guide me , how to approach DBEC for finding this mismatch and is anyone responsible for giving any satisfactory answer from DBEC.

Thanks immi

Do you know what is the date going for 45day letter right now?

immi24 said:
'T' simply means that the case hasn't been fully entered. Once that is done it changes to 'D' for cases in dallas and 'P' for cases in Philly. Also 45 day letter will be issued once the case is fully entered.

immi24 said:
'T' simply means that the case hasn't been fully entered. Once that is done it changes to 'D' for cases in dallas and 'P' for cases in Philly. Also 45 day letter will be issued once the case is fully entered.

It is not true. Many of us have been waiting for 45 day letters more than several months without success, having cases number starting with "D-" .

Today there is no serious difference between "D-" or "T-" for Dallas cases, you can consider them as all partially entered. Even if you have Case Status = "Data Review" it means nothing for Dallas freshly entered cases.

What you said was right for the Regional cases entered Dallas database at the beginning of this year .

chicagolady said:
Does the 5 digit tell you anything?

Not much, based on that number I can say that they entered your case to the database on July 16.

What is your Case Source ? (Region or State)

Case Source

Case Source is 'state'. I guess that means it came from SWA, so now it will go to 'region' and then they will take my case for decision. isn't it?

sfmars said:
Not much, based on that number I can say that they entered your case to the database on July 16.

What is your Case Source ? (Region or State)

sfmars said:
Your case is assigned to an analyst for sure and they have got response for your 45 day letter, that's why you have all fields in the screenshot filled.

They give a decision for cases which got 45 day letters. Currently almost each Regional case got 45 day letter. There are around 60000 regional cases, so in Dallas ~ 30000. Currently they (Dallas) should analyze ~ 8000 cases. 5000 was at the begining of July.

You will get decision about your case not later than at the beginning of 2006.
sfmars,

Is there a reason for your believe that my case has been assigned to a analyst and they have received the response?

I am just trying to see some hope for my self. It is really frustrating seeing approval for cases with same PD from same Company but not for me.

chicagolady said:
Case Source is 'state'. I guess that means it came from SWA, so now it will go to 'region' and then they will take my case for decision. isn't it?

No, It simply says where your case came from. I believe that Case Source will never change value.

There is very small probability that if your case says Region (came to Dallas from Chicago Regional Office) it will be taken care faster than State case.

congrats pdfeb03,
All the best for the next stage.
--MC
PdFeb03 said:
Guys:

I just received a call from the attorney informing me that she received the Labor Approval letter by mail from DBEC today. Thanks a lot to ICARUS and all other Gurus.

Thanks

vsaxena said:
sfmars,

Is there a reason for your believe that my case has been assigned to a analyst and they have received the response?

I am just trying to see some hope for my self. It is really frustrating seeing approval for cases with same PD from same Company but not for me.

Your case might have ended up in BIG DARK ELEPHANT ASS HOLE (philly bec hole). Thats why you are not seeing any improvement.

vsaxena said:
sfmars,

I am positive, It would be logically not correct. Someone in Dallas took care your case and filled the rest of your information having received your response for 45 day letter.

As I understand since they got response for 45 day letter your case is in the queue and assigned to analyst.

BTW the reason for delay could be simple that analyst whom your case was assigned took long vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
labor when ?

by the speed they are going in dallas it looks like my labor will be cleared in 2 years .its pathetic.is it possible that with one labor pending in backlog center i can file for perm .as my PD is May 2004 no point hoping to get it cleared soon to .can i file perm ?please give me ur inputs.

Chocolate said:
by the speed they are going in dallas it looks like my labor will be cleared in 2 years .its pathetic.is it possible that with one labor pending in backlog center i can file for perm .as my PD is May 2004 no point hoping to get it cleared soon to .can i file perm ?please give me ur inputs.

It is too optimistic 2 years. 5-6 years is more realistic.

Chocolate said:

This PERM vs stick to BEC thing has been discussed several times in this thread, it all depends if you can apply in a category that does not retrogress or did but not by that much...then it makes sense to switch to perm....if u are in a retrogressed category then PDs become important so it may make sense for BEC to get to u'r PD.

yeah true

yeah thats true .i am just consoling myself telling 2 years thats all. i dont want to have endless visa extensions to merely get labor approved as i am already in my 6th year.and proudly tell everybody that i got my green card approved after staying here for 15 years .so i was seeing possibility of filing perm and getting labor soon can i do that ?can someone please answer .

sfmars said:
I am positive, It would be logically not correct. Someone in Dallas took care your case and filled the rest of your information having received your response for 45 day letter.

As I understand since they got response for 45 day letter your case is in the queue and assigned to analyst.

BTW the reason for delay could be simple that analyst whom your case was assigned took long vacation.
It would be logically not correct........ What exactly do you mean by that?

goutamc your status

goutamc said:
This PERM vs stick to BEC thing has been discussed several times in this thread, it all depends if you can apply in a category that does not retrogress or did but not by that much...then it makes sense to switch to perm....if u are in a retrogressed category then PDs become important so it may make sense for BEC to get to u'r PD.

Hey, have you checked your status recently? Your labor is probably approved by now.
BD.

Refugee said:
Your case might have ended up in BIG DARK ELEPHANT ASS HOLE (philly bec hole). Thats why you are not seeing any improvement.
if it's in the HOLE then it's Dallas BEC HOLE.

doubt

Can someone tell me with my labor pending in BEC can i file perm now to avoid a long wait to get labor ?my priority date is nowhere near to be processed and i have no hope.can someone answer my question?