Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

WhyThisDelay said:
EB2 is expected to retrogress sometime b/w Oct-Dec 2005 for India/China.

But how back could it go, once it occurs ??

Also how many months would the date move every month (in visa bulletin) for this category??

Does anyone have a clue on the above questions from some semi-reliable sources (such as lawyer/ DOL/BEC insiders)??
If you are preparing EB2 Perm, do it fast. You'd better get approval by the end of this year.
To many people in this forum, including myself, it maybe much faster for us to get GC this way: forget about all you have done for GC, get a PhD degree and publish many articles, and then apply through EB1&EB2 NIW

I think you have lost it... :D

Enjoy your long weekend and chill out !!

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
I have stopped eating non-veg ... I don't even eat eggs (only on Tuesdays). I stopped shaving my beard on Tuesdays too, only in the hope that God will listen to my plight and I'll get me LC soon.

cantstandit said:
I'm on the same boat, the PD is wrong (it was a data entry problem, not your lawyer's fault), as well as the type (they entered TR). A couple of other people have the same problem on the PBEC board.

I talked to my lawyer and they called PBEC and sent faxes, but so far we haven't got any reply. The lawyer said we'll get it fixed when we reply to the 45-day letter ...

Not much you can do. Just make sure your lawyer is aware of the issue when they receive the letter.

Please post if you have any updates ...

Thank you Friend. Your reply helped me and consoled me a lot. I am going to follow up with my attorney and get it fixed.
My attorney is ok. The only thing he dissappointed me is , he didn't inform me about his change of mind in applying "TR" instead of "RIR". They just did "TR" to easily get the 7th Year Extn.

LC approved

Guys,

I got a welcome letter in my maibox after coming home - my LC is certified.
My PD is Jan 22, 2003 RIR filed from MI and sent to Chicago DOL
The date the labor was approved is July 28
The letter was sent out on Aug29 and recd today(Sep 2)

Case closed with out receiving 45 day letter ?

Hello everyone,

History :
My Labor was pending in Chicago DOL from 9 APRIL 2004 and transferred to Dallas BEC and new case no ( T-05011-XXXXX)
was assinged in MAR 2005. Since then I have been checking with my attorney about the 45 day letter and attorney kept telling they did not receive 45 day letter. When enquired with Dallas BEC in AUG05 , Dallas BEC Says the case was closed since the 45 day letter was not responded from employer.

Questions:
1. My employer & attorney did not receive any 45 day letter and the case is closed in Dallas BEC. what are the procedure for Re opening the case? and What are the percentage of success?
2. I have applied for 7th Year H1B Extension based on pending green card labour.... what are the chances of H1B approval under this circumstances?

If anyone has experienced similar problem , please post your experience

Thanks in Advance,
Anbu

m_chundi said:
45day letter is generated whenever the dataentry is complete. I did not see any relation between PD and 45day letter. I dont know how the data entry process is working, but my gut feeling is when is a case is picked up for data entry, the corresponding file(physical) is stored along with other files whose dataentry happened along with urs. Those same files are picked up for completing the data entry againSo u may be receiving ur 45day letter along with others from ur state close to ur actual PD. Never the less if ur Lawyer is willing go ahead and try contacting the BEC to rectify the error.
--MC
That makes sense. I also saw another case where this happened Actual Priority Date is not the same that is on the snap-shot. He recommended me to get it fixed through the attorney and the 45 day letter.
Appreciate the response

GCOnly said:
My attorney filed for my 7th year extension two months prior to the expiration of the 6 year H1B period. My 7th year is gonna expire in Feb 2006 and my attorney has initiated my 8th year extension and is targeting to file it before the end of this month. Hope this helps!

Every time you file for an extension, you end up paying (attorney fee + application fee). Why didn't your attorney file for a 3 year extension? In that way you cud save some money.

puhrince said:
Guys,

Congrats puhrince, All the best for the next stages.
--MC

mkrishna75 said:
I heard it from my employer but there is no real proof. Looks like our lawyer told him abt it. If anyone can confirm it, it'll be great.

Hi mkrishna75 -
I feel that the information you received is mostly baseless or false. My employer received three "45 day" letters (Iowa) yesterday. Please check with your lawyer about the real facts.

Thanks
Ram

No 45 day letter yet :mad:

Here are the details.. no 45 day letter yet :mad:

State:Iowa
PD: Dec 2003
Cat: EB2
State Cleared around Feb 2004.

K

"""RAM4GC
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrishna75
I heard it from my employer but there is no real proof. Looks like our lawyer told him abt it. If anyone can confirm it, it'll be great.

Hi mkrishna75 -
I feel that the information you received is mostly baseless or false. My employer received three "45 day" letters (Iowa) yesterday. Please check with your lawyer about the real facts.

Thanks
Ram """"

I dont think its totally baseless otherwise why would my employer panic to apply perms to all of us whose labor is thru Iowa. Also, you can get a 45 day letter but doesnt mean its getting processed. Also, your might be one of those companies that got some approval from SWA. I confirmed it today again and I was told, many cases have been flagged RED. I am not saying I am 100% right .. but lets check it out around.. so we are not in dark!!

Thanks for your response..

K

Congratulations!!

Congratulations Puhrince!!
All the best for the next stages. Pardon my ignorance, but when you say Chicago DOL, does it relate to any of the BEC's we know ? Like Dallas or Philly ?
Thanks,
RIR

puhrince said:
Guys,

Hi,

I am waiting for the LC approval?
RIR, feb2003. california

Please could you tell me if your lawyer and the company also receive the LC approval letter or just you?

thx
-Eric

vladys said:
My Labor receipt notice from SWA gives me a Reference number:xxxxxx (6 digits). My priority date for labor is 10 Nov 2004. My 6th year expires on jan 8th 2006. As you see i still havent completed one year/365 days after filing labor.

1.Can i send an email requesting for proof of labbor pending...now? I stillhvnt completed 365 days..is that a problem?
Yes, you can send email now as you have less than 6 months left in your visa.

2. Can i file for my H1B 7th year extension now or should i apply after Nov 10th 2005.
You can apply for 7th year extension now. No need to wait till Nov '05. You can apply for H1 extension during last 6 months of H1 validity.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Every time you file for an extension, you end up paying (attorney fee + application fee). Why didn't your attorney file for a 3 year extension? In that way you cud save some money.
I thought the rule is your H1B status gets extended only in one year increments once the initial 6 year period expires (provided ofcourse the LC has been pending for a year or more).
Plus my company is bearing all the expenses, so, I am least bothered about the money as long as it's company's :)

no this is not the BEC..this is the pre-BEC days when the case used to go from the state to a federal level i.e. DOL - i guess ur a newbie to this!

RIRhouston said:
Congratulations Puhrince!!
All the best for the next stages. Pardon my ignorance, but when you say Chicago DOL, does it relate to any of the BEC's we know ? Like Dallas or Philly ?
Thanks,
RIR

both - i see a CC to my lawyer in letter addressed to me
eromero said:
Hi,

I am waiting for the LC approval?
RIR, feb2003. california

Please could you tell me if your lawyer and the company also receive the LC approval letter or just you?

thx
-Eric

congratulations puhrince!!

I got the letter in my mail box yesterday too..Approval date is July 5.

PD Dec 5 2002..
RIR/MI/EB3

See you in the I-140/485 forums.

Thanks.

puhrince said:
Guys,

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification Puhrince.
Yes I am a newbie to this.
Best,
RIR

puhrince said:
no this is not the BEC..this is the pre-BEC days when the case used to go from the state to a federal level i.e. DOL - i guess ur a newbie to this!

Please be advised

Please be advised, this thread is not created to reflect the on-going situation over the country. This thread strickly discusses the on-going problem within BEC. Any of your post, that shows the nature of not having BEC discussion will be deleted. Also, please don't post about the fatal blow in New Orleans
in this thread. If you would like to donate, go to http://s1.amazon.com/paypage/PELYGQVJ8Q7IB/002-1553674-4971210 and make donations.

Thank You for your time and co-operation on the above matter.