Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45 day letters

hi, my lawyer told me that the 45 day letters only sent to questionable cases, is that true?

gouzai said:
hi, my lawyer told me that the 45 day letters only sent to questionable cases, is that true?
Untrue. 45-day letters are being sent to ALL cases being processed. In addition to giving the employer/atty/beneficiary an opportunity to rectify problems with the application, the 45-day letter includes a Continuation form that must be signed by the employer or attorney to indicate an interest in continuing the application process. If this is not returned by the deadline(plus a 15-day grace period for mailing), the case will be closed. The application may be refiled if the case is closed, but it will go to one of the new Regional offices (Chgo or Atl) and assigned a new PD.

Icarus said:
Untrue. 45-day letters are being sent to ALL cases being processed. In addition to giving the employer/atty/beneficiary an opportunity to rectify problems with the application, the 45-day letter includes a Continuation form that must be signed by the employer or attorney to indicate an interest in continuing the application process. If this is not returned by the deadline(plus a 15-day grace period for mailing), the case will be closed. The application may be refiled if the case is closed, but it will go to one of the new Regional offices (Chgo or Atl) and assigned a new PD.
well, the email says:
"Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."

I am not sure how to interpret "if needed".

Thanks.

Hi Icarus,

Does "an opportunity to rectify problems with the application" mean that we can modify the Min. Job requirements / Job Description also?

Thanks in Advance.

migc202 said:
Hi Icarus,

Does "an opportunity to rectify problems with the application" mean that we can modify the Min. Job requirements / Job Description also?

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, as long as the RIR advertisements do not become automatically invalid when you modify the min. job requirements / job description.

Thanks for the info mvinays. I am not on RIR though.
Just to be more sure, is it the same for TR(Non-RIR) also?

Greatly appreciate yr response.

migc202 said:
Thanks for the info mvinays. I am not on RIR though.
Just to be more sure, is it the same for TR(Non-RIR) also?

Greatly appreciate yr response.

Yes, if the case in non-RIR, you can easily amend the minimum requirements and send it back to the Philly BEC with the intention of continuing the processing of your case. When the BEC officially reviews your case, they will ask your employer/lawyer to place ads after reviewing your non-RIR LC application.

Let me put it this way....Min. job requirements are difficult to amend after advertising is complete because the new job requirements / description may conflict with what is stated on the newspaper ads.

sarathynp said:
well, the email says:
"Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."

Thanks.

I don't know weather both BECs are following same standard/rule or not. We can see lot's of 45 day letter from dallas BEC but minimal letter from philly. Only GOD can make-out any logic the way BECs are working.
Based on ETA number(P-04301-29xxx), philly BEC completed data entery on Nov/Dec 04 but no letter so far.

thx

sarathynp said:
well, the email says:

Thanks.
It will definitely request completion and return of the continuation notice. Any additional informational requests will be spelled out on a Correction Notice and an original copy of the 750 will be included.

migc202 said:
Hi Icarus,

Thanks in Advance.
Not if it significantly changes the application. Doing so would move the application into TR (if RIR) and the recruitment effort would have to be amended to accommodate the changes. Any changes required by the 45-day letter will be specified in the letter.

Backlog Reduction Centers, better or worse?

Hi,
Every month, I've been religiously checking the DOL website to find out if they were starting to process my application and today, I found out that it was moved to the Dallas Backlog Reduction Center. My first reaction was positive, thinking it will move faster, but after talking to my lawyer, I'm not so sure anymore. Does anybody know if this means good news for people who have been stuck on LC approval for over two years? Also, my lawyer tells me that now, the DOL website is useless in terms of trying to figure out when my application will actually be processed. Is there a place to track it now that it went to Dallas?

Any comments/news is welcomed. Thx

received email

I received a email from Dallas backlog center with new case #P-04302-29*** and it cleary says that "a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."
Any idea what this case number means?? If it is from Dallas why does it start with a P:)
I haven't received any 45 day letter yet although everyone in my company has with same processing date.

CA-PD-May'03, RD-May'04-No 45 day letter

Dallas BEC info

How did you receive this email from dallas BEC ? Can you provide me the email-id from which you receive this email. I am also trying to tracking down my apllication status. My application was earlier getting processed at CHICAGO DOL. I have not recevied anything from any BEC.

It will be a great help, if you can provide the email-id or any other means of finding out the my case status.

Thanks...

yhid5am said:
Hi,
Every month, I've been religiously checking the DOL website to find out if they were starting to process my application and today, I found out that it was moved to the Dallas Backlog Reduction Center. My first reaction was positive, thinking it will move faster, but after talking to my lawyer, I'm not so sure anymore. Does anybody know if this means good news for people who have been stuck on LC approval for over two years? Also, my lawyer tells me that now, the DOL website is useless in terms of trying to figure out when my application will actually be processed. Is there a place to track it now that it went to Dallas?

Can u tell me how to check the status of case at DOL website and the website link too ? My labor was filed in nov 2002 non-rir frm texas......help appreciated

karnam said:
I received a email from Dallas backlog center with new case #P-04302-29*** and it cleary says that "a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting additional information from the employer if needed."
Any idea what this case number means?? If it is from Dallas why does it start with a P:)
I haven't received any 45 day letter yet although everyone in my company has with same processing date.

CA-PD-May'03, RD-May'04-No 45 day letter
P- indicates that the case file was sent to Philadelphia. If your inquiry was emailed to Dallas, they can confirm if a case has been received by Philly (and provide the case number once data entry has been completed) but not status.

Last edited by a moderator:
yhid5am said:
Hi,

The DOL website only reflects the progress on cases that aren't going to the BEC. As of right now, the only tracking being done on status is what's being done within immigrationportal.com. (or other similar sites)

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus said:
The DOL website only reflects the progress on cases that aren't going to the BEC. As of right now, the only tracking being done on status is what's being done within immigrationportal.com. (or other similar sites)

Yes you are correct. My concern/question is wether is better that my app moved to a BEC where there is no tracking but perhaps will move faster? (I hope so)
My priority date received by the regional SF office was 5-21-03. I'm wondering since is FIFO if everybody's app with similar dates are also moving or is it something specific about my case that prompted the move?

yhid5am said:
Yes you are correct. My concern/question is wether is better that my app moved to a BEC where there is no tracking but perhaps will move faster? (I hope so)
My priority date received by the regional SF office was 5-21-03. I'm wondering since is FIFO if everybody's app with similar dates are also moving or is it something specific about my case that prompted the move?

Don't call me pesimistic. Please call me realistic. Please don't bet any thing on BEC/DOL. No one able to make-out how BEC are working?
Keeping fingure crossed and hoping some good will come out. :p

DOL Backlog Processing Center E-Mail Status Inquiry System

02/06/2005: DOL Backlog Processing Center E-Mail Status Inquiry System

Sources indicate that the Backlog Processing Centers have in place the e-mail inquiry system for those cases which have been issued 45-day letters. This inquiry will be available only after 90 days of responding to such 45-day letter. The BPC will respond to such e-mail inquiry in three days.
E-mail inquiry requires (1) the exact employer name; (2) First and Last Name of the Alien Beneficiary; and (3) BPC case number which is printed in the 45-day letters. Any inquiries without these entries or premature inquiries or any other inquiries which are not related to the 45-day letters are likely to be ignored. Readers, please do not send the e-mails unless you meet the foregoing requirements.
The e-mail address for Dallas Backlog Processing Center is: status@daldflc.us