Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Case Closed

Case Closed said:
Gurus/Icarus,

Could any one of you provide information on the following,

1)After a case is closed and after the attorney requests for the case to be reopened, how long does it actually take to get the case reopened.
2) What are the procedures that are followed once the case is reopened ie, does it go to the end of the queue or does it get processed based upon the initial FIFO order.

Response to this will be highly appreciated as I have found that there are quite a few people in the same boat and if they are as unfortunate as me would have probably recieved one liner from the attorney saying that situation can be amended???

thanks in advance for your response..
my pD is 01/31/2003
my case was closed in Feb 2005. Seems like it reopened in may 2005. read my previous posts. I do think this has set me back since my backlog center receive date was 10/7/04 and bunch of people in my status have been approved. hope its helpful.

Case Status

I got an email confirmation from PBEC (reply for my 8 year extension status request) where in the Case Status is RIR. What does that mean? ( Processing type is also shown as RIR

Thanks

AnilJ said:
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way we can know the certified date. I did see the screen shot of one of my friends LC status. The status says CERTIFIED, but I cud not find any date of certification. Any ideas anyone?

Any guess on how much time it takes from the status to turn CERIFIED, till you get the some hard copy saying so?

thnx,
Anil

on 45DL and approval mailings

WhyThisDelay
I think what ur lawyer told u was the initial version of BEC, when they claimed that all data would be entered by Sep and then they would send out 45 DL. But as the process evolved they realized that they can't enter all data, so they are doing just partial data entry. And they have not given a guidance on when 45 day letter would be sent, I think primarily cause they themselves don't know when. They don't have a well establised plan or timeline, right now the biggest problem is to enter data for all cases, once that is done, then they would decide how to proceed. Again, this is what I guess. So, keep waiting.

Also, the fact that we received so many approvals in first 10 days of Aug and we had received bunch of approvals in early July seems to confirm the theory that all approvals are mailed at the begining of every month. We did get approvals throughout last month, but if u see most of them were in response to 7th year extension emails. We got letters during early part of month and then response to emails later in the month.

what is ur PD

ireddy,

what are ur case details...

like PD, etc..

Maveric,
02/18/2003

ireddy said:
I got an email confirmation from PBEC (reply for my 8 year extension status request) where in the Case Status is RIR. What does that mean? ( Processing type is also shown as RIR

Thanks

scorp29 said:
Looks like I'll be left alone.
congrats to all those with L.C
:(
PD:01APRIL,2001
RD:SEP2003
ETA: D-04261-00XXX
45 DAY LETTER RECVD:17 DEC2004
45 DAY LETTER REPLD:20 DEC2004

I suggest send an email to the 7thyear email id to philly asking for the screenshot giving the D-04261 full number, your name, employer name, you will know the status of ur case.
What else can we do??

Goodluck.

lc4gc said:
Special thanks to ICARUS for his/her valuable information and encouragement.

today the paralegal assistant gave me a call and faxed the approval letter to me.

PD:09/12/2002 (RIR/EB3/Dallas TX)
OCC:030.162-018 (programmer Engineering & Scientific)
RD:02/20/2003
45 day letter generated:12/17/2004
45 day letter received:01/07/2005
Approved letter and ETA 750 form Signed Date by CO (Jenny Elser): 06/10/2005

Hard copy received: 08/09/2005

Also thanks GP111,MNHRDC etc active members in this forum.....

Congratulations ! Good luck at the next stages.

NIW applicant said:
I feel the same way. BTW, how long did it take the philly BEC to respond to your request?
I hope and pray there will be no problems with sending these inquiries. These are desperate times, or else sensible ppl do not resort to measures such as this. How does the department of labor expect ppl to be patient after a wait of 3 years, and with stories circulating of cases wrongly closed?? It's a catch22 situation.

Guys....I got my case status from Phylli BRC by requesting proof for 7th yr H1 extension I did not need. Today my lawyer advised me against trying something like that in future....as people at BRC are pretty pissed off about people like me(not sure what they would do about it).....this post is to discourage people from doing what I did.

There is word out there that the hard copy gets delayed if you have requested a h1b 7 year screen shot.

can some one please corroborate this

thanks

Sending email for 7th year extension?????

hi ok_LA

are you very sure there are doing something like that..bcoz I sent last week 2 emails to DAL and PHI (Never recieved any reply), hope they won't do anything wrong to my case?????

We should ask ICARUS inputs for this issue.

RajWaitingonLCA
PD Dec'2003
RD Dec'2004
ETA# D-05145-XXXXX
45 day recieved by Dallas BEC on June'23rd'2005
Case Status:?????????? :rolleyes:

ok_LA said:
There is word out there that the hard copy gets delayed if you have requested a h1b 7 year screen shot.

can some one please corroborate this

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
CA cases in Philadelphia BEC?

Hi,

I know there have been talks about some CA cases being shipped to Philly. Our lawyers said taht it wasn't an accident and the DOL website isn't accurate. So now the question is, do we know how many of the CA cases ended up in Philly? Are they regional or SWA cases? What is their PD range? I know one regional case with PD 2002 April that had cleared and moved to regional is now sitting in the Philly center.

Any insights on this?

Thanks

NA1116

Guys,

I sent an email to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us, h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us
and got the status reply from wh1b7yr@phi.dflc.us with all
details. I've question regarding two fields:

1. Case Status: in their reply is Closed. What does it mean?

My company replied 45 days letter around first week of feb 2005.

2. Processing Center:
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

If processing center is Dallas why i got an email from h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us ?

My PD is: 7/15/2002 and filed from California

Any feeback is really appreciated.

Thanks

I think you may be the lucky ones

I also sent to both BECs last night.
Got reply from PBEC and processing center is PBEC ...

source : CA region ...
my PD is 7/31/2002 ..
case status is RIR

I just have to wait for some more time ... :(

rdalls said:
Guys,

2. Processing Center:

Thanks

goutamc said:
Guys....I got my case status from Phylli BRC by requesting proof for 7th yr H1 extension I did not need. Today my lawyer advised me against trying something like that in future....as people at BRC are pretty pissed off about people like me(not sure what they would do about it).....this post is to discourage people from doing what I did.
Goutamc,
Did your lawyer think there will be any repercussions? I sent an email yesterday and have not got a reply.

45 day letter generation and partial data entry

Days_go_by said:
WhyThisDelay
I think what ur lawyer told u was the initial version of BEC, when they claimed that all data would be entered by Sep and then they would send out 45 DL. But as the process evolved they realized that they can't enter all data, so they are doing just partial data entry. And they have not given a guidance on when 45 day letter would be sent, I think primarily cause they themselves don't know when. They don't have a well establised plan or timeline, right now the biggest problem is to enter data for all cases, once that is done, then they would decide how to proceed. Again, this is what I guess. So, keep waiting.

Also, the fact that we received so many approvals in first 10 days of Aug and we had received bunch of approvals in early July seems to confirm the theory that all approvals are mailed at the begining of every month. We did get approvals throughout last month, but if u see most of them were in response to 7th year extension emails. We got letters during early part of month and then response to emails later in the month.

Hello All, Congratulations to all who have been recently certified. I mailed my attorney about my case status and she replied which i quote

"We do not currently have a receipt number in regards to your case pending with the DOL. We did receive a report last week that:

The Backlog Centers plan to have all cases entered into the system by the end of September, 2005. To accomplish this, they are doing abbreviated data entry on some cases, which will not result in the issuance of a 45 day letter, but it will permit them to know where the files are. Before issuing the 45 day letter on these cases, full data entry will be required.

Once the cases are entered into the system, we will be able to track the case status, similar to what is now available with the USCIS on-line system. We will keep you updated."

so i think the earlier guess made is right.
Good luck to all those ppl in 2001, 2002 hope u get ur lc certified soon
:)

NIW applicant said:
Goutamc,
Did your lawyer think there will be any repercussions? I sent an email yesterday and have not got a reply.

Did not say anything....just asked me not to do this again.....felt in general it is a bad idea.

Finally!!! :) :) :)

Heard from my attorney just now that they received my approved labor certification. Thanks a lot to everyone of you in this forum for giving me the strength thru these ~3.5 years. Special appreciation to Gp111, mnhrdc, raydhan for their wonderful work in answering the questions.

Good luck to all of you and see in the 140 and 485 forums.

Case Status

Hello All:

I sent out an email to (phili and dallas) requesting proof for filling h1b 7th year extension and received a response back from phili.

The case status says Certified.
Date Submitted: 08/04/2005
ETA Case Number: D-04267-XXXXX

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats...

Congrats PdFeb03...

can you please tell us the data submitted date on your screen shot...

Thanks
Maveric
02/18/2003

PdFeb03 said:
Hello All:

I sent out an email to (phili and dallas) requesting proof for filling h1b 7th year extension and received a response back from phili.

The case status says Certified.

Thanks

rdalls said:
Guys,

It means that the case has been closed. From the previous forums this is what I understood,
1. it means that accidently they have closed your case, i.e they either didnt get the 45 day letter back or misplaced it or
2. the recent theory about it is there is a software error and they are trying to fix it and they will fix your file too.
But it is advisable to contact your lawyer and ask them to send a letter to BEC telling that they have replied to your 45 day letter.

2. Processing Center:

Sorry for being sarcastic, if your dallas is processing your case then why did you send a mail to philly?? If philly sent your case status then the mail will come from their email id, wouldnt it?? Philly's and Dalla's database is the same both can access each others.

RIR or TR?? If RIR you should be certified by now but since it is showing it is closed then you contact your lawyer immediately. If TR then you have quite some time. Keep waiting :)

Thanks