Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

7 th year screenshot

redhiker said:
congrats sactoguy! i want to know if u've already rcvd the certification letter from them? i also emailed them and got a screenshot of my case and it says case status is certified and date submitted is 06/14/05. i haven't rcvd. anything from them yet.

i did not get any formal letter from BEC

I sent mail to h1b7yr 2 weeks back, and got status as 'Final Review'.
By this time it might be Certified :rolleyes: or denied/RFE :mad: .

Guys:
FYI...I didnt send mail to get Status, my 6th year H1 is expiring in Mar 2006.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/2002
45 letter - 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

Maveric said:
sr2610,

Have you requested 7th year Screen shot ???

if so what does it say ??

Thanks,
Maveric
02/2003

I would say 20 years. After these many frustrating yrs, some one will leave for 'shadesh' and definitely some will kill themselves! :eek:
And by 2015, Indian economy is overtaking china and by 2050 USA (I am not making this up). So no need of GC for Indians, say after 2030 (It crosses Japan by then as well). All backlogs will be gone by then. :D

dsugandhi said:
Originally Posted by WhyThisDelay
There are about 400K cases in the BECs. Going by historical % data, EB3 category applications constitute 70% of them which comes to around 280,000.

So if only 40,000 people can apply for 485 (3rd stage) each year, it will take 7 years for the EB3 folks sitting in BECs to get their greencard. In these 7 years, there might be a million more EB3 applications - which would theoratically take 25 years to clear out, during which time there will be exponentially more applications.
When/How will these backlogs end??

Also can anyone make a calculated guess that whether I'll be able to apply for 485 next October (06). My PD is april 2003 (I'm pretty sure I wont be amongst the 40K lucky guys who'll be allowed to apply this year).

infoseeker47 said:
I got a call from my employer that my labor is cleared. Can I apply for I140 now? or should I wait till oct ,

EB3
CA -RIR
PD 8/02
RD 7/03
Congrats infoseeker47 ,

Could you please share your Job title and Job requirement on you labor?

Thanks in advance.

msp1976 said:
on an average from 1999 onward every year some 75000 EB3 applications got processed....It is not 40K Because the leftover from EB1/EB2 is allocated to EB3....BECs have 360K cases not 400K cases....70% of that is 250K...So should get through in 3 years....Now the country cap of 7% would play some part....

Your guess and mine has a lot of difference...Of course you and I would wish that my guess is correct....

There are two bills sitting in senate that would effect our fate....Let's see how it goes....

McCain/Kennedy bill doubles the visa numbers from 140K to 290 K.
If McCain/Kennedy bill gets through available numbers EB3 for 35% of 290K = 100K All the retrogression would be gone...everything becomes current instantly....

If Cornyn/Kyl bill gets through we are f*cked....Because that reduces EB1/EB2 numbers and increases the EB3 and unskilled numbers.....So all EB1/EB2 would file as EB3.....

I agree and add few more points

1.Now it is confirmed that BEC has 400k against projected 360K
2.250k are EB3 but Other Workers catagory which should not effect EB (1,2,3 Employment based) which is most of us belong here.
3.So you should look at 70% of 150K
4.Process is same for all these 400k appln whether it is EB or other skilled
which makes time consuming at this stage.
5.How many will get adjudicated (historically 25% gets denial)
6.How many can hold jobs untill LC is processed and FILE I485 and pass 180 days.
7.How sure and how many will continue further process for various reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions on available pool of visa #.

Thanks dsugandhi, mnhrdc and other people who replied.

2 Questions.
1st - Do the 250 K GC applications that were filed in 2001 under 'Clinton Clemency program' consume the available visa numbers or will they be in some special category of their own.

2nd - When is a visa considered "consumed"? Is it when a person applies for 485 or is it when he actually gets 485 approval?

I know a friend whose PD is Jan 2002, who applied for 485 and is stuck there. I remember him telling that the visa quota had expired and that's why he was stuck. Will he and his wife be "consuming" visas from the available pool of 40k?

dsugandhi said:
Also, when a LC and I-140 gets approved it might use more then one visa number(I-485) as dependants also consumes the visa number from the same category. So practically one LC and one I-140 will use atleast 2 visa number. One for primary and second for spouse.

screen shot I got

emailed yesterday at 12:00pm and got back at 6:00pm
anyone knows what is overridden for the company existence check? thanks

WhyThisDelay said:
Thanks dsugandhi, mnhrdc and other people who replied.

2 Questions.
1st - Do the 250 K GC applications that were filed in 2001 under 'Clinton Clemency program' consume the available visa numbers or will they be in some special category of their own.
Yes Other Workers Catagory (currently Unavailble and earlier retrogressed to 1991 are so)

2nd - When is a visa considered "consumed"? Is it when a person applies for 485 or is it when he actually gets 485 approval?
Visa no is allotted when process starts but it is counted when adjudication happens (in case of denial it is not counted,incase of retrogression if teh appplication has later date it is not counted)

I know a friend whose PD is Jan 2002, who applied for 485 and is stuck there.
I remember him telling that the visa quota had expired and that's why he was stuck.
Not sure why it is stuck (Name check,etc.etc.) or If he has applied in EB3 then only Visa dates are not availble for all dates.

Will he and his wife be "consuming" visas from the available pool of 40k?
Only if adjudicated other wise it is only for tracking purpose not for counting anual limit.

frenchdream said:
emailed yesterday at 12:00pm and got back at 6:00pm
anyone knows what is overridden for the company existence check? thanks

I feel this must be OK since most of the cases earlier it returned Failed in the intial check and later it should have been manually edited for pass after verifying throug documents of your co-workers if applied together or verifiying documents of compnay enclosed with original case file

Anyone.....please advise!!!!!

Is there any way to get a status check if you don't need a 7th year extention?????? I am beyond frustrated!!!

EB2 RIR , CA
PD Jan 29, '03

NIW applicant said:
Is there any way to get a status check if you don't need a 7th year extention?????? I am beyond frustrated!!!

EB2 RIR , CA
PD Jan 29, '03

PD 2003, dont even think about it, but if you are really frustrated, just send email to dallas bec , saying that you need screen shot of your application as proof to apply for 7th year(lying), and they will send it to you.

mnhrdc said:

2.250k are EB3 but Other Workers catagory which should not effect EB (1,2,3 Employment based) which is most of us belong here.
6.How many can hold jobs untill LC is processed and FILE I485 and pass 180 days.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

Visa bulletin clearly states this about EB3 : Skilled + Other worker
Third:Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers". Schedule A Workers are entitled to up to 50,000 “recaptured” numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
mnhrdc said:

Guys
I donot know where the 400K number came from . It was one of the Murthy bulletins. Please let me know of the source if any.

I applied in July 2004.
At that time the number pending I got was 280K.I distinctly remember that.

Out of those if 125K are clinton clemency guys...(245i) Those go to EB3(OW)
subject to a cap of 10000 per year.

Remain 155K in all EB1/EB2/EB3
70% of these is = 108.5 ~ 110 K
Assuming 40K per year for EB3 I should hit visa availability in around three years.....

If you have priority date earlier than July 04, you should get in even earlier...
How does this sound???

May be I am an incorrigible optimist.......(Old habits die hard....)
(What else is left except optimism??)...

msp1976 said:
Guys
I donot know where the 400K number came from . It was one of the Murthy bulletins. Please let me know of the source if any.

I applied in July 2004.

Assuming 40K per year for EB3 I should hit visa availability in around three years.....

If you have priority date earlier than July 04, you should get in even earlier...
How does this sound???

One problem is that even if 40k is for EB3, for ppl from China/India/Phillipines, it would be just few thousand of them per year.

msp1976 said:
Guys

I applied in July 2004.

How does this sound???

PERM, would be the answer to your case. My PD is Dec 2002 EB2 and so far havent received 45 day letter. Even I am looking at PERM if I dont receive my 45 day letter in the next 1 to 2 months.

sr2610 said:
I sent mail to h1b7yr 2 weeks back, and got status as 'Final Review'.
By this time it might be Certified :rolleyes: or denied/RFE :mad: .

Guys:
FYI...I didnt send mail to get Status, my 6th year H1 is expiring in Mar 2006.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD 11/2002
45 letter - 12/04
D-04287-1xxxx

My H1 is expiring jan 15th 2006, i guess i can apply for an extension now. But i am not getting any response from BEC, can you please let me know the exact details you sent

Thanks

Hi ALL,

It looks like 2 BECS have entered around 34,000 cases with partial data from
07-july-2005 to 19-july-2005 based on the following case numbers:

T05188-01*** ( case num from PBEC)

T05200-35***( case num from DBEC, Indiana case )

So looks like total cases in 2 BECS with full data entry + partial data entry = 274,000 as of 19-JULY-2005

volleyball said:
PERM, would be the answer to your case. My PD is Dec 2002 EB2 and so far havent received 45 day letter. Even I am looking at PERM if I dont receive my 45 day letter in the next 1 to 2 months.
If you file in PERM now and EB2 retrogression happens before your LC is approved, you will be stuck with a PD of late 2005 which will take years to become current

msp1976 said:
Guys

Confirmed by GOD ICARUS and address by Mr.Carlson to ALIA reported by many attorneys sites.

I applied in July 2004.

70% of these is = 108.5 ~ 110 K (How sure every thing gets apporved and how sure no dropouts for further processing for various reasons)

How does this sound???
Great
Thats the sprit required in this forum and ejoy life in this country

Find another employer to file a NEW PERM case..

Find another employer to file a NEW PERM case may be a better bet (rather than loosing your old PD and if some thing worse happens you will have a fall back)..just my personal opinion

volleyball said: