Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

details?

GCHell said:
Guys !

Wanted to share some news. I know 1 guy who is an ERP consultant, his lalor got approved last Friday. His PD was some time in Mar - May 2003, he did not know exaclty. Case went to Dallas, no more details avlbl.. other than CA, EB3, RIR.

Thought I would share this and show some hope for people close to this PD.

Regards

Can you get details about the case? particularly confirm the PD? because it sounds strange that suddenly the approval jumped to Mar 03 PD when we havnt seen a single approval yet from 2003 itself.

PD / ND / RD gp111 and others ?

Are I140/I485's processed by PD / RD or ND ?

If someone files concurrent, is 140 held up till 485 is reviewd ?

Are FP and NameCheck the significant roadblocks ? Anything else ?

I think at the end of this process, I'll be left with multiple world records in each category (LC/140/485)

Labor approved

I got a call from my employer that my labor is cleared. Can I apply for I140 now? or should I wait till oct ,

EB3
CA -RIR
PD 8/02
RD 7/03

infoseeker47 said:
I got a call from my employer that my labor is cleared. Can I apply for I140 now? or should I wait till oct ,

EB3
CA -RIR
PD 8/02
RD 7/03

Yes you can apply for I-140.. Only I-485 requires PD to be current

BackLogGC said:
It doesn't say anything about the certified date. Screen shot has two fields like

Case Received Date: 02/28/2005
Date Submitted: 07/12/2005 (I guess it is certified Date). NO Last activity but may be in some cases true if it is mailed with that date

WhyThisDelay said:
There are about 400K cases in the BECs. Going by historical % data, EB3 category applications constitute 70% of them which comes to around 280,000.

No around 250K are other skilled catagory applied during late 2001 (clinton clemency programme)

So if only 40,000 people can apply for 485 (3rd stage) each year, it will take 7 years for the EB3 folks sitting in BECs to get their greencard. In these 7 years, there might be a million more EB3 applications - which would theoratically take 25 years to clear out, during which time there will be exponentially more applications.
When/How will these backlogs end??

Also can anyone make a calculated guess that whether I'll be able to apply for 485 next October (06). My PD is april 2003 (I'm pretty sure I wont be amongst the 40K lucky guys who'll be allowed to apply this year).

activex111 said:
Didn't BEC at some point had said that they have ~55,000 cases to be processed? ZB had done some analysis (God knows how these guys manage to get such data and time to do anaylsis!, but useful data for us)
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149225&page=111&pp=15&highlight=spreadsheet
as per him, there are ~23,000 cases between June 2002 and June 2003. Even if we take a percentage of cases in filed in EB3 (>60%), at the rate of 2800 cases released every year, it will take forever to reach Jun 2003 PD (Current prioroity at Jun 2002). this does not make sense.
GP111, gurus ?

What ZB had data was from fldc data centre spread sheet.
Currently what they have is 400k in BPC and they havnt published how many has been certified/denied .
The best way to look at this problem is based on Service center processing dates by which you can roughly estimate when I-140 and I-485 is being cleared and relate to your PD's . This also depends on country of birth.

However it is very soon to think about these matters than current process of LC's which are delayed beyond our imagination.

infoseeker47 said:

EB3
CA -RIR
PD 8/02
RD 7/03

Congrats and can you post you first 5 digits of D-XXXXX- no.

mnhrdc, GP111 - Other gurus

OK - If 250k was some other quota then still there are 150 K people being processed at BEC - about 100K of which will compete for EB3 visa quota this year starting October.

Is there any chance then that my PD (April 2003) will become current before the expiration of 40K quota for EB3 this year?

WhyThisDelay said:
OK - If 250k was some other quota then still there are 150 K people being processed at BEC - about 100K of which will compete for EB3 visa quota this year starting October.

Is there any chance then that my PD (April 2003) will become current before the expiration of 40K quota for EB3 this year?

Last cut off date for EB3 was June 1 2002
Historically it moved one month per month when retrogression happend
Lets say when it opens in OCT 2005 it will be current for next few months and only later it will be retrogressed if there is too much rush to file I-485.
Untill that time we can predit what date it will retrogress.

What is important is if you have cleared your I-140 meantime and ready to file when it is current Half the battle is won because you will be eligble for Ac21 after 180 days of filing of I-485 and EAD is availble for spouse which should be target in current statuts.

Positively you must be able to file I-485 if your lc is cleared now and if you file I-140 currently from CSC
Pessimistically you may have to wait couple of months if it retrogress in 2006.
I dont see a very long wiat for applying I-485 for Early 2003 cases but you never KNOW.:)

sactoguy said:
i did rcvd screen shot and here are the details
eta# D-04323-067XX
PD : 08/12/2002

Case Status; Certified
Date Submitted: 04/24/2005
Existence check : Overridden
case type : RIR
45 days letter rcvd : 02/01/2005
45 days ltr replied : 02/02/2005
What was ur email ?? can you please give me th exact details ?? i sent a mail from my company ID twice but no response at all.

Thanks in advance

One more point to note

Guys,
H1 B quota was :
2000 : 2001 : 2002 : 2003 : 2004 : 2005
65k : 65k : 180k : 180k : 180k : 65k

We know that BECs are somewhere around 2001/2002 that too mostly Regional cases. With this situation itself we have EB3 Unavailable and possible EB2 retro soon.
What will happen when BECs reach 2002 SWA cases also ? Will EB2 and EB3 become Unavailable for 2-3 years for India and China starting from 2006 ?
Any guesses....
To add to this..PERM cases are going ahead...

mnhrdc,
Whatz cut off date? If you have a labor with PD below that date you can still apply for 485?
If EB3 becomes current in Oct 2005, every body can apply for 485 or they are going to set a labor PD date?

Thanks,
-SR

sr2610 said:
mnhrdc,
Whatz cut off date?
### Cut off Date is the date that establishes who can file I-485. It used to be June 2002 before it became completely unavailable.
If you have a labor with PD below that date you can still apply for 485?
### Yes. For example, if your Labor Priority date is September 15 2002 and if the cutoff date is established as Oct 2002 , than you are eligible to apply for I-485.
If EB3 becomes current in Oct 2005, every body can apply for 485 or they are going to set a labor PD date?
### Yes. If EB3 becomes current.. and i am sure it is almost impossible. The question of setting PD on labor does not arise when they become current..

Thanks,
-SR

WhyThisDelay said:
There are about 400K cases in the BECs. Going by historical % data, EB3 category applications constitute 70% of them which comes to around 280,000.

So if only 40,000 people can apply for 485 (3rd stage) each year, it will take 7 years for the EB3 folks sitting in BECs to get their greencard. In these 7 years, there might be a million more EB3 applications - which would theoratically take 25 years to clear out, during which time there will be exponentially more applications.

Also can anyone make a calculated guess that whether I'll be able to apply for 485 next October (06). My PD is april 2003 (I'm pretty sure I wont be amongst the 40K lucky guys who'll be allowed to apply this year).

on an average from 1999 onward every year some 75000 EB3 applications got processed....It is not 40K Because the leftover from EB1/EB2 is allocated to EB3....BECs have 360K cases not 400K cases....70% of that is 250K...So should get through in 3 years....Now the country cap of 7% would play some part....

Your guess and mine has a lot of difference...Of course you and I would wish that my guess is correct....

There are two bills sitting in senate that would effect our fate....Let's see how it goes....

McCain/Kennedy bill doubles the visa numbers from 140K to 290 K.
If McCain/Kennedy bill gets through available numbers EB3 for 35% of 290K = 100K All the retrogression would be gone...everything becomes current instantly....

If Cornyn/Kyl bill gets through we are f*cked....Because that reduces EB1/EB2 numbers and increases the EB3 and unskilled numbers.....So all EB1/EB2 would file as EB3.....

gp111 said:
No Idea !!

Just a guess..
EB-2 = some time in end of 2002
EB-3 = Mid of 2002

Hi gp11,
I was looking at an answer of yours from the past where someone was asking u abt EB2 retrogression dates. Since the fiscal year 06 starts in Oct- don't u think the retrogression will not start until later sometime after the fiscal year 06 starts. I was reading an article on murthy.com where they were saying that they got the official info that there will not EB2 retrogression this year and will start sometime latter in fiscal year 06.
One more question- any idea how many days it is taking to geta certified copy in mail after a PERM approval and do we have to wait for the paper approval even for a PERM case before applying 140/485
Thanks
Chicchu

any Screen shot ???

sr2610,

Have you requested 7th year Screen shot ???

if so what does it say ??

Thanks,
Maveric
02/2003

sr2610 said:
Thanks Gceeker !!

My PD is 11/05/2002, I am expecting my labor atleast by october.

WhyThisDelay said:

Also, when a LC and I-140 gets approved it might use more then one visa number(I-485) as dependants also consumes the visa number from the same category. So practically one LC and one I-140 will use atleast 2 visa number. One for primary and second for spouse.