Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Icarus said:
It's still at the end of 11/02. Analysts are still working 6-8 cases a day on average. DOL has discouraged any sort of quota-based process due to their own past negative experiences at the regional level. Obviously, post 9/11, this is a concern, so they're looking for quality more than quantity.

6-8 cases a day on average per analyst it is very very slow from my point of view. I wonder if BEC itself finds this speed sufficient ?

If there are any strategic plans to increase current speed ?

Otherwise it can take 10 years or more to eliminate the backlog .

To ICARUS

Icarus,
can you please tell us when we can see mass mailings odf approvals? Can you please tell us when the PD's between Jan02 and Aug 02 will be mailed?

Thanks

Icarus, should I be worried

Icarus,
I received my D number early last month from the Dallas BEC email address in response to my inquiry on case status. Howere my lawyer/employer has not yet received my 45 day letter. Is this a majo cause for worry ? probably since you mentioned that 45 day letter is generated within 48 hrs after a D number. who in the BEC can I contact. Mine is a August 2001 RIR case remanded back to TWC.
tHANKS

Icarus said:
1.Data Review is the status assigned when data entry is complete and the case is awaiting a response to the 45-day letter.
2.Existence check is done several ways. First, the PBLS system uses an internal database of employers to check for the employer/address combination. If that fails, the data entry analyst must do a manual check using on-line databases and search engines. If this fails, the employer/agent is notified of the failure and must provide Tax ID, Articles of Incorporation, a tax return or other third-party based documentation of existence.
3.T is the prefix assigned to the case during data entry prior to completion and generation of the 45-day letter. D is the prefix that replaces T when the 45-day letter is generated.
4. The 45-day letter is generated and mailed within 48 hours of the completion of data entry.

It seems like 2-3 years contact will be prolonged .

As I mentioned it before
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177661
the BECs will process our cases for much longer period of time than it was announced .
Now, we can see 6-8 cases per day/by analyst.
It seems like my estimation would be correct.
Looks like 2-3 years contact will be prolonged . The question is – for how long ?
nik5

nik5 said:
As I mentioned it before
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177661
the BECs will process our cases for much longer period of time than it was announced .
Now, we can see 6-8 cases per day/by analyst.
It seems like my estimation would be correct.
Looks like 2-3 years contact will be prolonged . The question is – for how long ?
nik5

I think you are right. But they may have alternative solutions
kind of increase number of analysts, change the strategy of considering cases any other methods to speed up the process.

Otherwise only our grand kids will get benefits of our approved LC.

Dear Icarus,

Thanks for your insights.. I really appreciate it..

By 'paper app', you mean 'RIR application' right??? or do you mean submitting the 'PERM' application through post?..

Please clarify.

Sincerely,
WellWisher

Dear Icarus,

There are many cases from Nebraska beyond my PD of Aug 2004, certified at state level, which have already received a 45-day letter. Do you know why there are such consistencies?.. Some cases are case-entered in an abbreviated manner however some are fully entered.. I can understand it for different state/region cases.. However, I simply do not understand the inconsistencies within the same state/region cases?.. Please give ur insights..

Also, in your reply, you meant 'paper app' = 'RIR appl', right?. Please clarify

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
WellWisher

HI Wellwisher,
From what I understand which Icarus wrote to u, I am positive he means your app in BEC when he is saying a 'Paper App'. I saw one of your previous posts where ur concern was that having the salary range lesser than the prevailing wage might be a possible reason for not getting the 45 day letter. My husband's prevailing wage was a 2k higher than the salary specifed, even then he did get his 45 day letter. As per my opinion personally, I think it is a better idea to check out PERM also as an option because your PD is Aug 04 if you are in a good company and in a good position .Also if u can go EB2 in PERM ,it is then an option to be considered. with the current retrogression in EB3 it is useless to apply PERM in EB3 for you at this point.. We are also considering PERM option- but we are decided that we will keep our old case and apply a new PERM case so that we do not mess up our old case. Ofcourse, our Priority date can not be preserved by doing this way, but the way PERM is going as of now, I don't think itis a good idea to withdraw the case from BEC. I wish there is more insight onto how PERM approvals are going on currently, but unfortunately I am not able to find a lot of information abt PERM approvals anywhere
WellWisher007 said:
Dear Icarus,

There are many cases from Nebraska beyond my PD of Aug 2004, certified at state level, which have already received a 45-day letter. Do you know why there are such consistencies?.. Some cases are case-entered in an abbreviated manner however some are fully entered.. I can understand it for different state/region cases.. However, I simply do not understand the inconsistencies within the same state/region cases?.. Please give ur insights..

Also, in your reply, you meant 'paper app' = 'RIR appl', right?. Please clarify

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
WellWisher

sfmars said:
6-8 cases a day on average per analyst it is very very slow from my point of view. I wonder if BEC itself finds this speed sufficient ?

If there are any strategic plans to increase current speed ?

Otherwise it can take 10 years or more to eliminate the backlog .
Depends how many analysts working on approvals are there. If, at least 20 people, - we are looking at 5000 reviews per month.

goshik said:
Depends how many analysts working on approvals are there. If, at least 20 people, - we are looking at 5000 reviews per month.

There are 20-22 business days in the month (not 30 -31).

I think they do not work overtime and during weekends and holidays

Their current speed 2000 reviewed cases for 16 business days, from June 16th (3000) till July 8th (5000). In the best case scenario if each of them reviews 8 cases per day calculation shows 15 analysts.

Processing time variables

I think we have to bear in mind that the reviews and hence approvals depend on the content of your application. GP11 I read above had a PD of Sep 23, 2002 and got his approval last week, at the same time many with June 2002 PDs and earlier are still waiting for their approvals. I am guessing it is to do with a simple straight forward application content analysis. I presume there is a checklist by which certain things are checked before final approval and deliberation - if there is a inconsistency it results in a RFE (and hence might take less time for the analyst to review...)

As to how quick can you get your labor is still in the air. Moreover, I understand the initially the number of cases filed per month were less than latter part of 2002 and early 2003. I guess there were alot of RIRs files (something to do with some law change earlier). I don't think a linear approximation of approval/processing times is accurate.

Congratulations

gp111 said:
Friends..

Finally I got something to post regarding to my case :)

Just got a call from my Attorney that my case has been approved by Dallas Backlog Reduction Center.

Here are the details

CA RIR EB-2
Priority Date : Sept 23 2002
Regional Receipt Date : August 14 2003
Dallas BPC Case # D-04320-025xx
45 Day Letter Received/ Replied : March 14 2005
Approval Received in Mail (Attorney): June 30 2005

It was a long journey.. But hey I really had good time (even though lot of fustration, tension, confusion, yelling at eachother) sharing information with all of you guys..

I really hope & pray that all of you will get out of this BPC as soon as possible.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU :p

Gaurang

Hi Gaurang,

Congratulations for your labor approval. You are one of the good knowledged persons and you helped many with your accurate replies. I observed that you are so matured and you know for which you have to respond and ignore. I appreciate your positive attitude towards the current labor approval process, where has most of us blame the current labor approval process.

I wish for your next 2 steps. Congratulations!!!

always_missing

PD: Nov, 2002
RD: Sep, 2003
RIR, EB2, CA
No 45 days letter

Transferring Earlier Priority Dates

I have copy of my final determination of my Labor Certification from my previous company. During I-140, I left them. After I left them, I-140 was also approved and later canceled by former employer. Meanwhile I had joined new company and they have filed new GC and I am on 8th year H1B extension based on this. Can I use Priority date of my previous employer in I-485 stage for now current employer? The following URL says I can retain the priority date, if I have copy of approved I-140 and I-140 is NOT revoked.
But I have only copy of approved LC and my I-140 was not revoked, but canceled by former employer. Will I be able to use the earlier priority date? :)

http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/062405_P.html

unavailability of immigrant visa numbers????

Hi,

DOT CODE: 999.151.051
PD : SEP/6/2002
RD : JULY/28/2003
45 Day Letter: Mar/1/2005
Labor Approval may be based on below e-mail : July/1/2005

Following is the e-mail I got from my lawyer.
I am excited but at the same time am confused please provide info.
"Exciting news! <law firm's name> is in receipt of the certified AEC
from the Department of Labor.
Due to the unavailability of immigrant visa numbers at this time,
<law firm's name> is unable to file the I-140 immigrant visa petition at
this time. <law firm's name> will monitor the immigrant visa number availabity and file the petition as appropriate."

What does the above e-mail mean? And what can/needs to be done?

Thanks
gcgm

gcgm said:
Hi,

DOT CODE: 999.151.051
PD : SEP/6/2002
RD : JULY/28/2003
45 Day Letter: Mar/1/2005
Labor Approval may be based on below e-mail : July/1/2005

this time. <law firm's name> will monitor the immigrant visa number availabity and file the petition as appropriate."

Thanks
gcgm

It was a typo, They meant concurrent I-140 and I-485.
You can file I-140 and wait when I-485 will became available for you to be filed. If you category is EB3 the number of visas is unavailable

You'd better ask them to confirm it.

gcgm said:
Hi,

Thanks
gcgm
To me the quoted looks very suspicious. As far as I know I-140 is never a subject ot visa availability. The cutoff times come into picture when one files I-485.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Is For Icarus

ICARUS,
Let me begin by saying that You are a star. I should say that you are a MVP, I am sure everyone here at immigration.com would agree with this. In your last email you mentioned that the queue is at 9/02. I was wondering if could give us an idea of the magic in the case #'s assigned by the BEC. Here is an example:
My case number is D04258-04xxx. What does the second 04 stand for?? I have noticed that almost every case that is getting approved has D-04xxx-02xxx or D-04xxx-03xxx. Is there some sequence BEC is following while working/approving these cases based on the second 5 digit number set??? Are the second set of numbers based on region or something similar ??? Please help resolve this mystery. This will really help me estimate when to hear about my case.
Based on the current dates of the D-BEC queue I was hoping to hear some news soon as my PD is 02/03. I had also replied back to my 45-day letter in Dec'04. But I still haven't heard any thing.

Please advice.

Lalaker
State : TX
PD: 02/03
RD: 09/03
45-day letter : 12/04
Replied to 45-day letter: 12/04
Still waiting..............

Last edited by a moderator:
to icarus and gurus for advice
i ahve a problem,please give your suggestions.Really appreciate ....
in 2001 i took 1 month off during june for my marriage,but i was still employed with active H1b and in the process of changing my employer.but my lawyer mentioned that 1 month as UNEMPLOYED in my labor application,1.will it cause any problem in my labor approval?

2.can i change it during my 485 application?

Hi Icarus
My PD is 10/02 and ETA Case # D-05010-xxxxx
Can you please give some update if any LC has approved for the ETA case starting from D-05010?
45 D received in March 05 and replied in March-05.
Thanks
:(