Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congratulations GP111

Congrats GP111.

Thanks for your valuable inputs and I really admire your patience.

Good luck for the next stages.

Mahe04
"Stuck at DOL since 2001" -- Employer Remanded Cases

Existance Check Failed

Icarus & Guru's,
What is Existance check : Failed?
Even i got same response when i sent an email to h1b7yr.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
45 days letter - 12/04

AMKumar said:
Icarus,
Since you have been so right on the money so many times and seems like you have some kind of back ground info. please try to answer my question as I'm totally in the black and worried now.
It's been 2 years on my LC, and I'm on 6th year of my H1B and i had sent an e-mail to DALLAS BRC for the so called "proof of filing" of my LC for the 7Th year extension.
They send me a screen shot of my LC and a section in it( down at the bottom) makes me really nervous..
it says as follows..

Date submitted:02/08/2005 Existance check: Failed
Corrections Letter generated:02/08/2005 Corrections Letter printed:02/08/2005
Corrections options Returned:01/21/2005 Date Signed:07/15/2003

I had got the 45day letter in Dec/2004 and replied with affirmative answer on 20th Jan/2005

Now what does this "existance check:Failed" mean? Does that mean my LC is on the path to be rejected?. Or is it some RFE? because my attorney has not so far told me about any RFE's and I don't know if they or my company's holding back something from me[I don't think so, as the company has been really good to me so far]. Please..please let me know the meanings of these things as I'm as tensed up as naked man on antartic. But Only if you don't mind and only if you can.

thanks,
AMKumar

Helo GPIII

Is there a way to check if Dallas BEC received my response to the 45-Day letter or if myc ase is still in the database ?

Thnx Inque

Changing Employer

Icarus and other Gurus

My PD is January 2003 and I am intending to change employer as soon as I can. I know I got to wait for my LC approval, but what is next? After applying for the Geen Card (Employee Based) I should receive the "pink card", which is the Work Authorization Card. How long does is take to get this card and how long do I have to wait for working for another company?

PD Jan 2003
45 day letter received and replied in March 2005
State: Michigan
Regional: Chicago

I am interviewing with several companies, but I don't really know WHEN I potentionally can start.

All you inputs and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sr2610 said:
Icarus & Guru's,
What is Existance check : Failed?
Even i got same response when i sent an email to h1b7yr.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
45 days letter - 12/04
Existence failed message is generated on 45-day letter when the PBLS database is unable to verify the employer's existence at the time of data entry. If the BEC is unable to verify the employer's existence at the address provided on the 750A using secondary resources, the message is printed and the employer or their agent must provide a Tax ID, Articles of Incorporation, or other independent verification of the employer's existence at that address before case processing/analysis can continue.

lc4gc said:
500 federal staff in Dallas (doubt it :confused: )...

see post from Orissa in Phi tracker...
There are about 100 employees currently at the Dallas BEC. Of that number, maybe 10 are Federal staff and the rest are employed by the BEC contractor working on the backlog. The Federal staff work on certification as well as the other functions they did before moving to the current address (H1-B, temporary, etc.)

Is that true?

Icarus said:
Existence failed message is generated on 45-day letter when the PBLS database is unable to verify the employer's existence at the time of data entry. If the BEC is unable to verify the employer's existence at the address provided on the 750A using secondary resources, the message is printed and the employer or their agent must provide a Tax ID, Articles of Incorporation, or other independent verification of the employer's existence at that address before case processing/analysis can continue.

But dear Icarus, in my specific case, 45 DAY letter was responded on 20th of Jan and the Existance Failed message was generated on 8th of Feb. What say you?

calabor said:
Total labor cases at both BECs = 360,000
Cases entered into system = 200,000
Cases left = 160,000
Cases left / BEC = 80,000
AGREE TO THIS POINT

Avg # of contractors/BEC = 100
# OF CONTRACTORS WORKING ON DATA ENTRY: 100-(FEDERAL, MANAGEMENT, SUPERVISORY, ANALYSIS, MAIL, LETTER GENERATION, FILING STAFF)=50 DATA ENTRY

Avg cases / contractor = 1600
#working days till 30 sep = 64
avg cases / day / contractor = 25

So is it too far fetched for EVERYONE to expect 45-day letter by Nov'05 end :confused: ?
STILL FEASIBLE :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
AMKumar said:
But dear Icarus, in my specific case, 45 DAY letter was responded on 20th of Jan and the Existance Failed message was generated on 8th of Feb. What say you?
I'd have to see what they sent you.....they wouldn't have failed existence after the 45-day letter had been received. That would have been addressed when the letter was sent out...........

Icarus said:
I'd have to see what they sent you.....they wouldn't have failed existence after the 45-day letter had been received. That would have been addressed when the letter was sent out...........
Hi Icarus,
Where is the Queue now? Has it moved past Nov'02? How many applications/day r the analysts handling now? R there any deadlines or DOL want the analysts to take their time and do everything properly?
Thanks for ur updates
--MC

Icarus said:

This is what they have send. I'm just making an ascii rpint of the jpeg image that they send me
These are the acronyms that I'm using for proper formatting
CL --->Please read it as "Correction Letter"
CO---->Please read it as "Correction Options"

---------------------------------------------------
Data Review
Datesubmited:02/08/2005 ExistanceCheck:Failed
CL Generated:02/08/2005 CL Printed:02/08/2005
CO Returned:01/21/2005 Date Signed:07/15/2003

750A Missing Fileds: 750B Missing fields:
G28 Missing Fields:

I can't find any thing written aginst the 3 above missing fields. So I persume they are not missing any 750a/b or g28 fields.

Same thing here

I have the same thing on my screen shots (proof for 7th year extension).
Existince check: failed
750 A missing fields:
750 B missing fields:
G28 Missing fields:

What is it ? Does anyone has any idea ?

Thanks,

--HumHongeKamiyab

AMKumar said:
This is what they have send. I'm just making an ascii rpint of the jpeg image that they send me

Data Review

G28 Missing Fields:

I can't find any thing written aginst the 3 above missing fields. So I persume they are not missing any 750a/b or g28 fields.

AMKumar said:

Data Review

G28 Missing Fields:

Employer must submit the copy of the employer's articles of incorporation,business license,state registration or other official documents that establish the employer as a bona fide business entity at a specific address to the appropriate backlog center.Check with your employer/agent whether they have a request for existence failed check in the corrections list, when they received the 45 days letter and ask them what information they have submitted for that and check to see whether they have submitted the above mentioned information,If so I would ask your employer HR/agent to call the appropriate BEC to resolve the issue.On the otherside it may be mistake of BPC not entering the information when they have got 45 days letter response.How much time they took to reply your request for proof of 7th year extn?

There was nothing on corrections list

Corrections list (In the 45 days letter) had "none" under it. I received the letter (as proof for 7th year extension) from BEC, Dallas within 4 days (By fax).

Thanks,

--HumHongeKamiyab

WaitingonLC said:
Employer must submit the copy of the employer's articles of incorporation,business license,state registration or other official documents that establish the employer as a bona fide business entity at a specific address to the appropriate backlog center.Check with your employer/agent whether they have a request for existence failed check in the corrections list, when they received the 45 days letter and ask them what information they have submitted for that and check to see whether they have submitted the above mentioned information,If so I would ask your employer HR/agent to call the appropriate BEC to resolve the issue.On the otherside it may be mistake of BPC not entering the information when they have got 45 days letter response.How much time they took to reply your request for proof of 7th year extn?

HumHongeKamiyab said:
Corrections list (In the 45 days letter) had "none" under it. I received the letter (as proof for 7th year extension) from BEC, Dallas within 4 days (By fax).

Thanks,

--HumHongeKamiyab

can u share with us ur new case number assigned by DBEC? it helps us track how many applications they entered in the system? what was ur case details: Priority Date, Received Date by Regional if any, RIR or TR and state applied to?

thanks.

HumHongeKamiyab said:

Thanks,

--HumHongeKamiyab

That is strange.But if you can look at the above 3 posts(AMKumar,SR1260 and yours) all have the same issue existence check failed.To me it appears that it may be an error from their side.If you are not comfortable,ask your employer/agent to call and findout what is going on else wait for few more days check to see if someone have got the reply from BPC with no issues that way it will help you what needs to be done...

Here it is..

Here it is:

RIR case originally filed at Dallas, TX
Priority Date : 8/20/2003
Regional Receipt Date : 2/25/2004
Dallas BPC Case # D-04268-073xx
45 Day Letter Received : 1/20/2005
45 Day Letter Replied : 2/2/2005

antonioa77 said:
can u share with us ur new case number assigned by DBEC? it helps us track how many applications they entered in the system? what was ur case details: Priority Date, Received Date by Regional if any, RIR or TR and state applied to?

thanks.

m_chundi said:
Hi Icarus,
Where is the Queue now? Has it moved past Nov'02? How many applications/day r the analysts handling now? R there any deadlines or DOL want the analysts to take their time and do everything properly?
Thanks for ur updates
--MC
It's still at the end of 11/02. Analysts are still working 6-8 cases a day on average. DOL has discouraged any sort of quota-based process due to their own past negative experiences at the regional level. Obviously, post 9/11, this is a concern, so they're looking for quality more than quantity.

WellWisher007 said:
...My case was submitted as a Sr. Systems analyst.. However the wage that was offered on the application was less than the Prevailing wage determined by SWA; however the offer salary was more than 95 % of the prevailing wage... Can this be the reason for the delay in generating the 45-day letter... I had seen in one of your earlier posts, you had mentioned that the data entry person may enter a case in skeleton to retrieve the case #, then move on to new cases and come back and finish the data entry... what is the basis or the factors which lead him to enter data in parts?... Is it if the application needs more information?.. Is it becuase the case has loop-holes, so needs additional time for data entry?....Please shed some light..
As long as the wage offered is at least 95% of PW as determined by the SWA, that should not be a problem. Abbreviated data-entry is just that, an attempt to give a reference point in the system so that case location or status can be confirmed. Without it, the case sits in a box in storage until it gets entered with no one(including BEC) absolutely sure of its whereabouts. The cases were inventoried by regional ID# only when transferred, but that didn't provide any identifying specifics about the case.

Also, I am evaluating the possibility of converting my case to PERM.. Will you recommend such a step?.. The strange thing is, when my lawyer applied for my prevailing wage this time for PERM conversion, the wage was determined to be almost 25 % less than what was determined before RIR application.. I am not sure if the lawyer is not doing something correct here, with regards to the Prevailing wage determination...
Can't give you specific advice as a non-lawyer, but from conversations with other beneficiary's and attorney's, PERM still is working processing bugs out and it many cases, multiple attempts and data entry workarounds are necessary to get the system to even accept the application much less approve it. You might do well to just hang in there with the paper app.

sleepless_in_IN said:
1. What does Case Status = Data Review mean?
2. How is Existance check done?
3. What does "T" vs "D" prefix ACTUALLY mean? When does "T" change to "D"? What has to happen for "T" to change to "D"?
4. How much time between a "D" number and a 45 day letter?

1.Data Review is the status assigned when data entry is complete and the case is awaiting a response to the 45-day letter.
2.Existence check is done several ways. First, the PBLS system uses an internal database of employers to check for the employer/address combination. If that fails, the data entry analyst must do a manual check using on-line databases and search engines. If this fails, the employer/agent is notified of the failure and must provide Tax ID, Articles of Incorporation, a tax return or other third-party based documentation of existence.
3.T is the prefix assigned to the case during data entry prior to completion and generation of the 45-day letter. D is the prefix that replaces T when the 45-day letter is generated.
4. The 45-day letter is generated and mailed within 48 hours of the completion of data entry.