Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

45 Day letter queue

Icarus,

I know in past 45 day letter has been sent out, out-of-sequence. But apparently 45 day letter is important, since without 45-day letter one cannot expect approvals.

1. When you visit this forum next time, could you shed some light and give information about where is QUEUE for 45-day letter. (Which month/year's data entry is being done)?

2. BEC had given me in past new case number. Does that mean my case has been entered in system ?
What I do not understand without doing data entry, how they were able to identify my case and give new case number.

However, I have not received 45-day letter, that means my case is not entered in database.

This is confusing. That's why I request you to provide some information.

Thanks,

Hope
PD July 2002
No 45 day letter

hopehope41 said:
Icarus,

2. BEC had given me in past new case number. Does that mean my case has been entered in system ?
What I do not understand without doing data entry, how they were able to identify my case and give new case number.

However, I have not received 45-day letter, that means my case is not entered in database.
PD July 2002
No 45 day letter

I will try to answer if you don't mind. From what I know the data enty is a two step process. Firstly they enter the record in an abreviated form, later they continue it and only when it is finished they issue the 45 days letter.
Very clever huh ?
The process of the data entry should look like this:
1. Get the next file. Do not bother about chronological order since the data entry is random.
2 Enter the data.

Instead it is being done this way.

1. Get the file.
2. Enter the case in abbreviated form.
3. Put the unfinished case on the shelf.
4 (in a few weeks or months) Find the unfinished case and match it with the abbreviated record.
5. Finish the data entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks lc4gc. I will check with my attorney again and ask him to contact the BEC about my status. A quick question: Per the information in this forum, the current process month at Dallas BEC is 08/02. Does this mean all the cases with PD prior to 08/02 have already been processed OR it just applies to issuing 45-day letter to the cases with cases prior to 08/02?. I am not clear about the process. Further information will be appreciated.

When I called the backlog center just last week the lady who answered customer service said that they r processing 2001 cases. But I see that it is 08/2002 in this thread.

chicchu said:
When I called the backlog center just last week the lady who answered customer service said that they r processing 2001 cases. But I see that it is 08/2002 in this thread.
That is for the Non RIR queue.
--MC

contradictoy?

Icarus or anybody else,

I was looking at -

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp

I found these two points contradictory (at least in my opinion) -

TRANSFER OF CASES
5. Can we assume that if our Region's cases have already been moved to a BPC, then these cases are among the earlier filing dates and we can expect them to be processed soon according to FIFO?
All cases, regardless of whether they were in a Regional Office or a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS.

TIMING and ACCESS to INFORMATION on CASE STATUS
2. When do you expect the BPC will begin adjudicating cases?
The Backlog Processing Centers have begun to process cases from the Regional Offices that have been completely entered into PBLS and for which the Backlog Processing Center has received a response to the Notification Receipt letter.

So, from reading the above two FAQs my question is how can they say (from the 2nd FAQ) that regional cases that have been completely data entried are being processed?..they clearly say (in the 1st FAQ) that irrespective of Regional or SWA all cases will be processed FIFO.

Please throw some light on this so we can understand this.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

labordrags said:
To ICARUS,

Could you shed some light on TR unopened case?

It was once inquired by Enterject, now that Enterject is gone -- where is the case rests to ? If it is in Dallas TWC or got forwarded in DBEC???

Also what happens to TR unopened case that have never been opened by TWC? When should one see any 45 days letter in that regard?

Any info will higly been appreciated, as most of the members are in dark.
Cases that have been started would be worked at the TWC. An unopened case should be sent to the BEC as part of the backlog and once entered, would generate a 45-day letter.

GC_Geek said:
Sorry, I got very little knowledge about the Dallas-Philly split of BRC cases for CA.
Now I am able to see my BRC Case# starts with P (that means Philly??)
This is a bad news for my weekend.
Anyways, now my question is what is the yard stic to devide a CA case to go to Dallas or Philly? is it PD??
Any help is appreciated--Geek
Originally, cases were originally divided in half between the two BEC's...no particular criteria of which cases went to which office. Subsequent shipments have been to Dallas but the number of cases to each is roughly the same as Philly inadvertently was shipped a number of cases originally slated for Dallas in the first shipment from S.F.

Icarus said:
Cases that have been started would be worked at the TWC. An unopened case should be sent to the BEC as part of the backlog and once entered, would generate a 45-day letter.

As far as I know the cases are already routed to BEC for data entry.

Are they planning to finish Regional case first and then work on TR case?

The Enterject cases, is it considered open or not?

Thank You for your response.

WaitingonLC said:
Sorry to hear that...

1)If I understand it correctly,I think they were asking the letter with supporting documentation to prove how and why the applicants that were responded to the ad are not eligible to the given requirement.
2)I think for supporting documentation resumes of the applicants that were responded to the ad can be included and as for as letter is concerned attorny needs to expain how and why they were not eligible for this position and your are suitable.

In advance,I apolozize if I misunderstand the RFE.

Good Luck.
esp. in RIR, when the employer submits their Recruitment summary, some tend to generalize their results of recruitment. Federal regs require that a reason be given for the U.S. candidate's not being considered for the position. So, If an employer says that 100 interviews were conducted for an opening, they need to specify why these were unacceptable - not meeting education, experience requirements, being hired for another position in the company, already employed and no longer interested, did not respond to interview invitation, whatever.

labordrags said:
As far as I know the cases are already routed to BEC for data entry.

Are they planning to finish Regional case first and then work on TR case?

The Enterject cases, is it considered open or not?

Thank You for your response.
Chances are that a case that had been started by Enterject will stay until finished by TWC. As to your first question, both RIR and TR cases are being worked. Some have been forwarded by regional offices and some by state offices. Earlier posts have indicated that regional cases have been given some priority as far as data entry, but once 45-day letter continuation notices are returned, this priority no longer applies and the cases are worked FIFO by PD depending on whether they're RIR or TR(separate queues).

Status in Phily BPC

Icarus,

Thank you very much for your information. Even my case is in phily now, your posts gave us some kind of hope here.

From phily BPC thread, aprlc2002 mentiond PBPC is procesing Nov 2001 cases now. It there any way you can verify it since both centers share same PBLS.

Really appreciate your help.

45 Days Letter CA RIR EB3 PD 02/03/2004

Hi,
My case was transfered to Dallas BPC. I am yet to receive the 45 Days letter.
The PD from CA is 02/03/2004. My case was filed under RIR. When can I expect the 45 Days letter ? Any estimate on how much time will it take for the BPC to decide my case ?

Thanks
kKosh
CA PD 02/03/2004

Icarus said:
Chances are that a case that had been started by Enterject will stay until finished by TWC. As to your first question, both RIR and TR cases are being worked. Some have been forwarded by regional offices and some by state offices. Earlier posts have indicated that regional cases have been given some priority as far as data entry, but once 45-day letter continuation notices are returned, this priority no longer applies and the cases are worked FIFO by PD depending on whether they're RIR or TR(separate queues).

you mean once 45 day letter replied then both RIR regional case and state level case having same priority date will be processed at around same time am I right?

Icarus said:
esp. in RIR, when the employer submits their Recruitment summary, some tend to generalize their results of recruitment. Federal regs require that a reason be given for the U.S. candidate's not being considered for the position. So, If an employer says that 100 interviews were conducted for an opening, they need to specify why these were unacceptable - not meeting education, experience requirements, being hired for another position in the company, already employed and no longer interested, did not respond to interview invitation, whatever.

Thanks ICARUS for your valuable information. I really appreciate you for all the valuable information you have been extending to tis forum.

45 Days letter

Hi,
My case was transfered to Dallas BPC. I am yet to receive the 45 Days letter.
The PD from CA is 02/03/2004. My case was filed under RIR. When can I expect the 45 Days letter ? Any estimate on how much time will it take for the BPC to decide my case ? Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Thanks
kKosh
CA PD 02/03/2004

Recruiting Effort

Icarus said:

iF NO RESPONSES TO THE ADS, IS THAT ACCEPTABLE FOR RIR?

srignram

Helo gurus ,
The following is the reply that i have recieved for my query on the case no from Dallas:

"You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry
mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on
Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are being
transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a
45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued
on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional
information from the employer.
If your request is in reference to the following, this information will
also be updated.
Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions
Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain
information."

Ironically my employer recieved and sent back the reply for 45 days letter on 05/02/2005.I initiated the query on 04/20/2005.so iam still unaware of my case number.

Likelihood of hearing soon...

My case was transferred to the Dallas BEC from California.
My company received and responded to the 45 day letter in Feb 2005.
When I inquired via email in February I was given a Dallas case# of D-04xxx-xxxx.

I have seen some explanations of the way the number is formatted which is inconsistent with my case. My case has a PD of July 2002 and an RD of June 2003.

My case is EB3 RIR.

Should I expect to hear something soon?

yeah it should be valid if you can prove it

Let us say you had a job where you are counting dna strands and there is no one out there who can do it or never responded...what should a company do about it...fake that some applicants have responded...

you fight for it and make a point out of it.

that is my take on it.
:)

helpjune4 said:
iF NO RESPONSES TO THE ADS, IS THAT ACCEPTABLE FOR RIR?