Customer Service Number?

Mimi1212

Registered Users (C)
Hi there!

I tried calling the customer service number 1 (800) 375-5283 but I didn't hear an option to talk to a customer service agent. Am I just dumb or is there a number I should press to speak to a representative that I don't know about....I tried 0 but it took me back to the main manu, UGH! I need help!

Thanks Bob!

Well now I'm confused and not so happy, I guess I have to wait until I get my Interview Letter.....The lady told me that the place that I got my fingerprints done is probably not going to be where I go for the interview. When I type my zip code in the website I get the Atlanta Office but New Orleans is closer, thats where I went for my FP, now I dont know if Im going to be doing the interview there or not....so I guess I have to wait and see where I need to go.

I called too, The lady told me that they requested additional information on my case. she asked if I recvd anything I told her yes I received FP notice after that. She informed me that if we request FP the status should show biometrics not additional info. she said she will send the request the notice to be sent again? I dont know, but what i see from threads it was MASS change in status of everybody.... Confusion Confusion what to do???

Well I was told exactly the same, but I told her that I did receive the notice and that notice was for fingerprinting, she just went on about that all she had was that info and that nothing else was updated, she was really nice to ask me if I wanted to find out how long was my DO taking to process applications and that's when she mentioned Atlanta and I said I went to NO for FP and she said that it might not be the same to the interview....BUT then again she might be wrong, so many ppl call and are given wrong info haha.....so I have no choice but wait and you should do the same Im assuming the results of the name check are not back yet.

I called too, The lady told me that they requested additional information on my case. she asked if I recvd anything I told her yes I received FP notice after that. She informed me that if we request FP the status should show biometrics not additional info. she said she will send the request the notice to be sent again? I dont know, but what i see from threads it was MASS change in status of everybody.... Confusion Confusion what to do???

I just called as well and she told me the same exact thing. FP and the RFE are 2 different requests. She said that she will ask again for the RFE to be resent and gave me a confirmation number. Its confusing!!!

Me too

I have same problem, My fingerprint letter was send out a day after evidence letter and I received it 4 days ago and no sign of additional evidence letter.
This must be a mistake since we all have a same issue. Was your fingerprint letter send out after additional evidence one? I bet yours is on same pattern as mine.
This is another example: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=301720

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you guys need to worry since if you check around the board there are tens of others if not hundreds that have confirmed that online RFE status is in fact an error for FP notice. So no point in even calling USCIS regarding this. This has been discussed in numerous posts.

As far as location for FP and Interview are concerned, those could be the same or different. For instance my FP was in Alexandria, VA whereas my interview is at Norfolk, VA. From what I understand the interview is always done at your DO based upon the zip code you are at. However the FP can be done at either your DO or ASC (Application Support Center) that are satellite offices to ease some of the workload from DO's. To make this more confusing :confused: some of the ASC's may also act as DO for others :)

So do not worry and follow the location instructions that you receive on your FP and Interview letters. Of course I cannot shed light specifically on Atlanta or your DO in particular but I am assuming the same should hold true for you as well.

Rich thanks! Yeah I've seen a lot of ppl with the same status but every time someone calls USCIS they tell you a different story, they need to get their act together, but hey thats out of our hands.

I thought New Orleans was a DO, since people from there do their process at that office but then again out of hands haha, so whatever they say in the letter I will do and greatfully haha I cant wait for this journey to be over.

I don't think you guys need to worry since if you check around the board there are tens of others if not hundreds that have confirmed that online RFE status is in fact an error for FP notice. So no point in even calling USCIS regarding this. This has been discussed in numerous posts.

Tens or not tens, it always makes sense to double check because you never know with them.

Rich thanks! Yeah I've seen a lot of ppl with the same status but every time someone calls USCIS they tell you a different story, they need to get their act together, but hey thats out of our hands.

I thought New Orleans was a DO, since people from there do their process at that office but then again out of hands haha, so whatever they say in the letter I will do and greatfully haha I cant wait for this journey to be over.

Follow this link and enter your zip code and it will tell you where your interview will be (Local Office):

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Follow the link below and enter your zip code and it will give you your Application Support Center (ASC). Your FP is generally scheduled either at this ASC or at your local office (first link)

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

new phone menu

It seems the customer service system has changed and the old key combination 1-2-3, doesn't connect to service representative anymore.
Does anybody know what is the quickest way to get through to a person now?

Thanks,
Ben

It seems the customer service system has changed and the old key combination 1-2-3, doesn't connect to service representative anymore.
Does anybody know what is the quickest way to get through to a person now?

Thanks,
Ben

Did you call during regular business hours? (i.e before 6:00pm )

Today is holiday becuase of colombus day that why we cannot use option 1 2 3 .i think we can use this option tomorrow. Thank you

The way to reach a representative is first go for the option which says, check your status, there enter your case number and let it finish reading that blah blah thing, then it will give you few options, One of them asks if it is more than 30 days since the notice was mailed and you didn't receive it, choose that and it will then go to a rep.