CSC Oct-Nov 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

permfiling said:
My LC got approved recently through PERM and my I-140 is getting prepared to file from CA. After the 140 is file, if my title changes, will there be any impact. Any idea as to how much time does it take to get approved in Eb2

Hi permfiling:

not sure if 140 check on your title but i would not risk the chances of approval if the change can be avoided. my friend's company got a phone call from CSC right after her 140 approval checking on her job title, job description and employeement history. heads up for this kind of things.

currently, there is a strange delay at CSC for eb2 and eb3, therefore it's hard to estimate on the time frame. in the past it has been 3 months but at this point no one knows.

-shagua

Last edited by a moderator:
permfiling said:
My LC got approved recently through PERM and my I-140 is getting prepared to file from CA. After the 140 is file, if my title changes, will there be any impact. Any idea as to how much time does it take to get approved in Eb2

No. It does not have any impact on I-140/485 as long as the Job Profile is same / Similar.. Title does not matter.

good to see u..

Good to see u gp111 here in this forum. Your presence itself gives me new enthusiasm in this horrible journey of green card.

gp111 said:
No. It does not have any impact on I-140/485 as long as the Job Profile is same / Similar.. Title does not matter.

2 weeks - no receipt yet

Friends,

My lawyer sent I-140 on Nov 2, so it's been 2 weeks and I still don't have a receipt. Is this normal or should I start doing something?

Thanks!

April4 said:
Friends,

My lawyer sent I-140 on Nov 2, so it's been 2 weeks and I still don't have a receipt. Is this normal or should I start doing something?

Thanks!

Give it another week or 2 before initiating anything

S1932 and HR4241 -ACTION NEEDED BY FOLKS AFFECTED BY RETROGRESSION

S1932 and HR4241 -ACTION NEEDED BY FOLKS AFFECTED BY RETROGRESSION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,
The house version of the budget cut bill has been passed after a lot of drama this morning.the house version of the bill does not have the releif provisions for the immigration issues like
Recapture of Visa Numbers
Eligibility to file 485 after 140 is approved with a non-current PD etc
The next step would be the Conference subcommitte will meet to create a unified bill of the Senate version and the house version ( Senate version has the provisions and the House version does not)
SO PLEASE spend atleast 10-15 minutes of your daily time RELEGIOUSLY FOR THIS CAUSE to either
EMAIL,
FAX
or if you could CALL the Capitol Switch board and ask the delegates to support including the provisions of the Senate version into the final BILL
this is a GREAT chance for us to create a good releif to our situation right now.

PLS VISIT HTTP://ISNAMERICA.ORG/HOMEPAGE.ASP AND REGISTER AND LOGIN TO USE THE FREE WEBFAX SERVICE
IT DOES NOT COST YOU CENT TO DO IT SO PLS SPARE THE REQUIRED TIME

HERE IS A MESSAGE in the ISNAMERICA FORUM of how to contact the representatives
Please ask me questions if you dont know how to
I know we all are busy in our lives and tend to think some one else will take care of the problems for us,
but if we dont unite and work here we wont acheive this goal, so i urge you to show the support which wont take more than 15 minutes of your DAILY time.

MESSAGE FROM FORUM

More action still needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you know already, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

Unfortunately, none of the leaders I have listed are based in California. It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!! --ed

How do you get the ND and LUD dates

Where is the info posted?
All I see is a standard message "This will take x to y days.."

Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

click above link and send the below letter to your local house member

Dear Member of Congress,

Ø As we begin Fiscal Year 2006, America’s long-term economic health must be at the forefront of our nation’s legislative agenda. I am writing to alert you to several issues that we believe pose a significant threat to U.S. competitiveness and economic security. Leading business and scientific organizations recently warned that the United States is in danger of losing its innovative edge. Lagging student interest in math, science and engineering, coupled with a pattern of reduced government investment in basic research in the physical sciences are troubling indicators for the future. These disturbing trends must be reversed.

Ø As we continue efforts to grow our pipeline of American scientists and engineers, we need to enable U.S. companies recruiting at U.S. universities to have access to all the graduates – including foreign students. For example, in electrical engineering, 56 percent of master’s and 66 percent of the PhD graduates of U.S. programs in 2004 were foreign students. We should open the doors wide to these talented individuals. Unfortunately, current U.S. Government policies are going in the exact opposite direction. If U.S. businesses are not able to hire or retain these employees, our overseas competitors will.

Ø The green card process also needs reform to enable employers to hire and retain the best qualified individuals in sufficient numbers. We believe that those individuals with the education, experience, knowledge and skills critical to U.S. competitiveness in the 21 st Century should be granted priority permanent resident status. Such reforms would significantly assist U.S. employers in retaining that talent, as well as alleviate the overwhelming demand for H-1B visas. USCIS’ efforts to reduce application backlogs have created another problem – unavailability of permanent visas, frequently called “green cards.” As of October 1, 2005, the State Department has set the clock backward – adding years to the wait for a green card for thousands of foreign professionals from countries such as India, China and the Philippines. The impact of the new restrictions will make it nearly impossible for these highly educated and skilled workers to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future. Moreover, the recent unavailability of visas will force thousands of professionals to put their lives on hold, with the inability to change jobs, locations or employers.

Ø To make matters worse, many of these professionals – including researchers, scientists, teachers and engineers – will see their wait for permanent residency drag on for many more years. Our system of backlogs, delays and unpredictability is discouraging and unwelcoming, forcing many valued employees to seek employment in other nations. This is not only disruptive to U.S. employers and our economy, but exceedingly unfair to hard-working, valued members of the American workforce. Access to this talent keeps innovation and jobs in the United States. Tapping America’s Potential and the National Association of Manufacturers’ 2005 Labor Day Report are available at www.competeamerica.org and www.nam.org.

Ø The U.S. Senate passed S. 1932 which includes Section 8001 and Section 8002 to resolve the foregoing problems which this nation faces. The House bill, H.R. 4241, failed to include these important parts of the budget reconciliation legislation. Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

Thank you.
Sincerely your name,
Address
Tel no

I-140 filed today

Gurus,
My I-140 was filed today. I have to yet to get the reciept no#. My category is EB2.

How long are the processing times.

Thanks

currently for CSC its july 29th 2005 for EB2 I140. Its stayed the same way for almost 1.5-2 months. Before that the processing time suddenly moved from June beginning to July 29th.
In Summary it may take around 4-5 months for approval (if it continues at same speed)

what are the dates for EB3?

arbit007 said:
currently for CSC its july 29th 2005 for EB2 I140. Its stayed the same way for almost 1.5-2 months. Before that the processing time suddenly moved from June beginning to July 29th.
In Summary it may take around 4-5 months for approval (if it continues at same speed)

hi arbit007, do you know the current processing date and trend for EB3. Thanks for your time.

New to forum

Hi Folks,

I just entered the I-140 forum based on a LC substitution. I got a mail from my lawyer in late Oct that the I-140 has been filed.

What is the next step for me? In addition to the CIS site that shows the current processing time, is there anything I should also check?

I see most signatures have a ND or LUD. What is this and how do I find mine? If my lawyer can provide this info, should I check with my lawyer (it's been over a month since mine was filed).

Any inputs will help! Thanks!

Another question

I was going thru the posts and someone posted a concern that the "Receipt Notice" hasn't been received after 2 weeks.

a. What is the Receipt Notice?
b. Who receives it - the applicant or the attorney?
c. Is this similar to the PD in a LC? Does this date/number determine anything?

I guess it'll take some time for me to get used to the I-140 process, and hopefully this forum will prove as useful as the LC forum has been!

Thanks again!!

GotGC?? said:
Hi Folks,

I just entered the I-140 forum based on a LC substitution. I got a mail from my lawyer in late Oct that the I-140 has been filed.

What is the next step for me? In addition to the CIS site that shows the current processing time, is there anything I should also check?

I see most signatures have a ND or LUD. What is this and how do I find mine? If my lawyer can provide this info, should I check with my lawyer (it's been over a month since mine was filed).

Any inputs will help! Thanks!

GOTGc..

Just curious, why do u want to do labor subst..when PERM is more easy ? also during 140 stage with labor sub, there are big risks !!.

a. What is the Receipt Notice?
Receipt Notice is a confirmation paper from USCIS that they have received your case for processing. Receipt notice has follwing details:
Case Number:
Received Date:
Notice Date:
Case Type:
Pettioner Name: (Your company name)
Beneficiary Name: (Your Name)
Attorney information:
etc

b. Who receives it - the applicant or the attorney?
If you file your own I-140 then you will get it. If your attorney files your I-140 then he will get it. In short who ever filles I-140 gets the receipt notice.

c. Is this similar to the PD in a LC? Does this date/number determine anything?
No. It is not PD. Case Number is usefule to check the status online. Date is useful to check which received date USCIS is processing currently. If you have Date and case number then you can use USCIS's following two online facility.
1. To check status online
2. To check which Received Date USCIS is currently processing.
(For above links read very first post in this thread)

sundar99 said:
Just curious, why do u want to do labor subst..when PERM is more easy ? also during 140 stage with labor sub, there are big risks !!.

If you use Labor Sub and I-140 is never filled for anyone then you will get priority date (PD) of original labor. For ex. I have my own labor having PD of August 2003 and I have someone else's labor having PD of Jan 2001 for which I-140 was never filled. If I use my own labor then the I-140 will have a PD of August 2003. If I use labor Sub then my I-140 PD would be Jan 2001. Right now, PD is very important for I-485 filling as I-485 is heavily retrogressed for EB-2 and EB-3 categories.

I don't see any risk in Labor Sub because at least 6 of my friends have done LC Sub and they all got I-140 cleared. Even me, though I have my approved labor, I have used LC Sub to get better PD for I-485 stage.