CSC-I140 RFE cases

Hi,

I have the same question.
Does CSC update the online status as soon as they recieve the response to an RFE ?
Or do they place the papers at the bottom of the bunch..to be looked into later ?

CSC received the response to an RFE on 04/22/2005.
I am waiting on pins and needles to know when they will work on my application.

Thanks
gcsfo

waitingforGC200 said:
Hello All,

Can anyone tell after how many days we send the RFE respone , does the online status change that they received my RFE response. My Lawyer send the RFE response on 04/15/2005 and I don't see the message change or the LUD change.

Thank you all for giving your experiences.

RFE Dates

I got the RFE on March 31.
My company responded on Apr 11.
INS received it by April 22. (I was checking USPS website for tracking).Yeah..it is strange that Postal delayed it. They took nealry 11 days.

Now I got the email saying that they received response for RFE.
Hope this helps.

waitingforGC200 said:
How do you know that they received the response to an RFE on 04/22/2005?

or is it the date you send the Response to them?

I was quoting the date the Fedex package reached the INS mail-room.

I guess I am being too optimistic when I assume that it is the day the response was received.
I am yet to receive any email from the online system.

Thanks
gcsfo

waitingforGC200 said:
How do you know that they received the response to an RFE on 04/22/2005?

or is it the date you send the Response to them?

waitingforGC200 said:
Hello All,

Can anyone tell after how many days we send the RFE respone , does the online status change that they received my RFE response. My Lawyer send the RFE response on 04/15/2005 and I don't see the message change or the LUD change.

Thank you all for giving your experiences.

My lawyer mailed the RFE (I-140) response on 3/23 and I received confirmation email from USCIS on 3/28. Both I-140 and I-485 got approved on 4/14.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.

Could u guys please post details on what the RFE was about and how did you guys respond to those RFE's . I think that info would very useful to people like me in knowing what to expect for an RFE? I do beleive 99% of cases are for ability to pay ? How can u respond to that kind of RFE's . We have already send all the documents they need including Companys tax returns , pay stubs etc .. What else do they need?

Hi GC_for_fun,

My RFE was a simple one, mainly due to my attorney's foolishness.
They did not obtain my employer's signature in the I-140 forms. So, USCIS returned it for the signature.

BTW, folks, I got the email saying that RFE response has been received and they will give a written decision. The estimated time-frame is 200-300 days or so.

Thanks
gcsfo.

GC_for_fun said:
Could u guys please post details on what the RFE was about and how did you guys respond to those RFE's . I think that info would very useful to people like me in knowing what to expect for an RFE? I do beleive 99% of cases are for ability to pay ? How can u respond to that kind of RFE's . We have already send all the documents they need including Companys tax returns , pay stubs etc .. What else do they need?

Please help - I140 denied - Appeal (I290G) in process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends,

I took substitute labor for future employment and filed 140/485 in 2003.
I received FP/EAD/AP in 3 months.

In September 2004 my I-140 had a RFE due employer financial condition not meeting their requirements in 2001!! We submitted the required proof of income, tax returns etc... but it was denied in Jan 2004. I also received
the letter that 485 is rejected and non-appealable.

Then we changed the lawyer and have appealed to commistioner using
I290B. The online status is that reply will be received in 30 to 180 days.

Any one with similar experience. What are the chances of passing thru!!!
Any one with similar sitution.
1. Is my work card /AP valid.
2. if I-140 get approved, then 485 has to be applied again ?

I am running on 7th year H1 extension with my current employer and
my case is in labor for past 5 year (thats another sad & long story!!!)

Thanks
-Sanjis

sanjis,

answers inset...just my thoughts. Good Luck on your appeal.

sanjis said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends,

I took substitute labor for future employment and filed 140/485 in 2003.
I received FP/EAD/AP in 3 months.

In September 2004 my I-140 had a RFE due employer financial condition not meeting their requirements in 2001!! We submitted the required proof of income, tax returns etc... but it was denied in Jan 2004. I also received
the letter that 485 is rejected and non-appealable.

Then we changed the lawyer and have appealed to commistioner using
I290B. The online status is that reply will be received in 30 to 180 days.

Any one with similar experience. What are the chances of passing thru!!!
Any one with similar sitution.
1. Is my work card /AP valid.
--If your 140 gets approved (based on your appeal), USCIS will reopen your 485. At that point, your EAD and AP will become valid again. There are some posts which said that they got their I-140s approved in appeal but USCIS automatically didnot reopen their 485s and they had to call USCIS to get it reopened. You may have to closely watch your 485 once your I-140 gets approved.

2. if I-140 get approved, then 485 has to be applied again ?
--Not required. The old one will be reopened (if USCIS doesn't open it automatically, you/your attorney can call to get it reopened).

--Good Luck on your appeal. Let us know how it goes.

I am running on 7th year H1 extension with my current employer and
my case is in labor for past 5 year (thats another sad & long story!!!)

Thanks
-Sanjis

Rfe

RFE was about the Financial status of the Company. It is a pretty big Company doing very well. So I think it was fast.

Did your LUD change ( not message ) before approval?

kolangal said:
RFE was about the Financial status of the Company. It is a pretty big Company doing very well. So I think it was fast.

EAD after responded to I-140 RFE good sign?

Have just received approvals for EAD. Replied to I-140 RFE (credential evaluation) about 4/8/05. Is this a good sign as I heard that if there were RFEs they also hold EAD/AP. Is there any link or am I clutching at straws :)

Am not sure

Actually I was away for a while and could not check the status. When I came back and checked it, the status has changed. So missed some action in between.

I-140 approved after RFE

Hi everybody,

I want to share the good news...I am so happy.

Checked the USCIS website just now and saw that my I-140 got approved on 04/27/2005.
I have not yet received the automated mail till now, and I am hoping that this is not some freak website error(you see, I am not the very optimistic kind, after my GC experiences).

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for approvals.

Now, I will join the wait for I-485 and pray hard.

Thanks
gcsfo.

gcsfo ,

Thats pretty fast ..WHat was your RFE about and how do u respond to it?

gcsfo said:
Hi everybody,

I want to share the good news...I am so happy.

Checked the USCIS website just now and saw that my I-140 got approved on 04/27/2005.
I have not yet received the automated mail till now, and I am hoping that this is not some freak website error(you see, I am not the very optimistic kind, after my GC experiences).

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for approvals.

Now, I will join the wait for I-485 and pray hard.

Thanks
gcsfo.

Thanks.

The RFE was to obtain employer's signature on the I-140 forms. My lawyer hadnt done that when she filed in August 2004.

I have still not received the emails showing I-140 approval - the website shows 'Approved'.
Any idea why that is so ?

gcsfo

GC_for_fun said:
gcsfo ,

Thats pretty fast ..WHat was your RFE about and how do u respond to it?

Need help for RFE

Hi All,
I got an RFE last week for I-140,
The RFE says: "Tax Documents - Beneficiary: If beneficiary employed with the petitioner, submit a copy of the beneficiary's signed, dated & IRS printout federal tax returns for the started years to present. The tax returns must also include copies of the beneficiary's IRS Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement)."

I discussed with my lawyer; it is unclear what they mean by IRS printout. Below is the link to irs.gov for ordering copies of returns and transcripts. My lawyer said that to be safe, get both. Here is the link: http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw31.html. My question was, can I use my own copies of Tax documents or I have to order it for IRS. My problem was that 2004 Tax will be available from IRS only after August 2005.

Did anybody get the same kind of RFE? Thanks.