CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

matt30

matt30, did u get your real card? how long after u interviewed?
I had the interview in LA local office on July 19. Everything went smoothly. At the end of the interview, the officer told us that their system was down the whole morning, so she couldn't approve it right now. But she said last time she checked that my name check was cleared while my hubby's not. So at least I should be no problem to get approval. And as soon as the system is back, maybe in that afternoon, she will send out the notice...anyway, no final confirmation. So I wait and wait until today...no letter at all.....
Don't know what I should do. Should I call or just schedule another infopass?

matt30 said:
If you case gets transferred to local office, they will send a notice to you by snail mail. Here are a few circumstances that a case can get transferred to local office:

-Random pick for quality control.
-If your marriage is less than 2 years.
-There is fraud sign in a case.

All of these will bring you to interview with an officer at local office. If a case is genuine, transferred to local office is faster to get approved. If a case is fraud, very high chance that it will be denied. When I said, it's a good sign if a case gets transferred to local office, I meant genuine cases.

Ciao

sent. Please check your private message.:)
Thanks for the sharing!

matt30 said:
LAzzbear,

You should schedule infopass to check if your case is approved or not.
Post your email and I will send you more detail about my case.

Ciao

alvin said:
I-485 Deatils:
PD: 4/10/2002
EB-2 (India)
RD: 8/11/2005.

anyone with similar dates still waiting ?

my last status check enquiry got me this reply from CSC on July 25, 2006.
"your I-485 is under extended review, please allow 60 days before next enquiry"

thanks

still waiting to get out of namecheck...

It looks like that the CSC is currently processing end Jan - early Feb 2006 cases. It is so sad that folks are stuck in the name-check from previous years.

PD: Dec 2000 CA EB3
I-140 AD: Feb 2006
485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006.
EAD/AP: Apr 2006
FP: Jun 2006

name check

This might be discussed a lot of times before.

Is it true that name check is initiated when they first process the application, i.e when the processing time reached our ND. It kind of made sense to me.

The other theory is it is initiated after the finger prints. For me after the finger prints, the status was not updated. But for my wife it was updated and her name check is cleared.

Any comments !!

Raj.

PS: It doesnt matter to us who got stuck here, as it is going to years to clear, but for cuirosity.

2muchwait said:
It looks like that the CSC is currently processing end Jan - early Feb 2006 cases. It is so sad that folks are stuck in the name-check from previous years.

rajrw said:

Is it true that name check is initiated when they first process the application, i.e when the processing time reached our ND. It kind of made sense to me.

The other theory is it is initiated after the finger prints. For me after the finger prints, the status was not updated. But for my wife it was updated and her name check is cleared.

Any comments !!

Raj.

PS: It doesnt matter to us who got stuck here, as it is going to years to clear, but for cuirosity.

Hi Raj:

Where did they updated the status for name check is cleared for your wife? When was your fingre prints done. Please let know us know.

MY application: ND is AUG-05-2005
Finger Prints Done during MAR-19-2006
Status is Name check is not cleard from FBI.

Thanks

rajrw said:

YES, Namecheck is initiated as soon as you apply & it has no connection to FP

Any comments !!

Raj.

When I enquired I enquired for both the applications, and I got the response saying that her's is cleared. This was in April-06
Our finger prints are done in Oct-05

Raj.

sr1234 said:
Hi Raj:

Where did they updated the status for name check is cleared for your wife? When was your fingre prints done. Please let know us know.

MY application: ND is AUG-05-2005
Finger Prints Done during MAR-19-2006
Status is Name check is not cleard from FBI.

Thanks

Any update people?

Did anybody get a response from congresswoman or senator regarding the inquiry to FBI?

Is there ANY body here who has got a response regarding the namecheck from FBI (directly or indirectly)?

USCIS letter on I-1485 status

After calling USCIS twice, i received a letter from USCIS on julsy 31st with my currect I-485 status as below..

"The service electronic record shows that reports from fingerprit and name checks are
completed; however,the case file is waiting for the visa availability at this point."

It seems like as of 07/31/06 visas were not available for my case (india, eb2, PD 08/22/2002). I am still in doubt whether USCIS corrected the PD error on my I-140 approval notice. Not sure if they have forgotten to update I-485 electronic record after correcting the I-140 PD error.

Does any one know how to confirm with USCIS about the priority date in I-485 electonic record ?. My attorney did not receive anyletter from USCIS after sending documents for correcting I-140 PD error. :mad:

congressman asked to call after 3 months. said they cannot call fbi more frequently. there is nothing they can do to expedite

fbi stopped responding a long long time ago.

tantan said:
Any update people?

Did anybody get a response from congresswoman or senator regarding the inquiry to FBI?

Is there ANY body here who has got a response regarding the namecheck from FBI (directly or indirectly)?

Lud on 485 08/07

LUD on 485 got updated yesterday. Their is no update on Spouse' 485. I dont think I will come out of name check so early.

Raj.

I485 for my family just got approved today. No LUD before :)
Woot, total GC processing from begining is less than 8 months.

EB2:
PD 01/2001 (sub)
ND: 12/2005 (concurrent)
I140: 07/2006 (after RFE response)
I485: 08/2006 (no LUD just approval)

Last edited by a moderator:
newbies said:

EB2:
PD 01/2001 (sub)

congratulations! have fun.

newbies said:

EB2:
PD 01/2001 (sub)

congrats newbies.

EB1 OR approved on aug 7 '06

The I-485 petitions for me and my wife were approved on Aug 7 '06.

Good luck to all the folks waiting for their approvals.

-- Vijay

EB1 OR CSC, India.
I-140: ND Aug 4 '05
AD: Jan 27 '06
I-485 (self and spouse): ND Aug 4 '05
FP: Feb 15 '06.
LUD: 02/15, 02/16 (FP), 05/18,05/19 (Att inq), 08/02,08/03 (Att inq),
08/07,08/08.
AD: Aug 7' 06.

Congratulations. It's nice to see EB-1 OR case being approved.

I have same EB-1 OR class filed. Do you know how long your name check
took for your case ?

Vijay_Sharmi said:
The I-485 petitions for me and my wife were approved on Aug 7 '06.

Good luck to all the folks waiting for their approvals.

-- Vijay

EB1 OR CSC, India.
I-140: ND Aug 4 '05
AD: Jan 27 '06
I-485 (self and spouse): ND Aug 4 '05
FP: Feb 15 '06.
LUD: 02/15, 02/16 (FP), 05/18,05/19 (Att inq), 08/02,08/03 (Att inq),
08/07,08/08.
AD: Aug 7' 06.

fdfd,

CSC replied to my attorney's first inquiry on 05/18 that
our cases would be adjudicated in 60 days; so i presume
our (mine and my wife's) name checks had cleared
before that. I'm sorry i'm unable to give you a more
precise time when our name checks had cleared.

Since we didn't hear anything till the beginning of Aug,
my attorney enquired again and was told that our cases
would be adjudicated in another 30 days; eventually, we
received the approvals on 08/07.

-- Vijay