CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Can anyone tell me how to take an infopass appointment in NJ?
Thanks in advance

njreddy said:
You can take the infopass appointment at your local office, just make sure you have the list of questions ready before you go there.

I am in charlotte, NC

I took one before calling NSC in mid-may in Charlotte when I noticed that CSC was processing November cases. The officer mentioned that my case is waiting to be adjudicated -- at that time I did not know about FBI name check or else I would have asked whether my name check was cleared or not.

She also mentioned that there is no scientific rule/relation between the processing dates and the receipt / notice dates.

name check

Hi Guys,

Just want to know everyone's opinion.

I have read lot of people taking the effort to contact the congressman, senator etc but the answer is the same "yes it stuck in name check and FBI is working on it, there is nothing they can do to expediate the process"
These same things even CSC can tell us.

- so what is the use of initiating this inquiry?
- Why take all the trouble and effort to do this?

Is it just something to look forward too. Is it just a feel good thing that, I have initiated inquiry and will get some answer?

Does anyone have a different experience? Would like to hear from someone who benefited from this effort.

Thanks.

Update!!

It took me a while to catch on what's happening. I'm currently in india and was hoping that my I485 will be approved but looks like CSC does not want to approve it. I got a letter from CSC saying that they've recd my request and going thru "some official process" before adjudicating my application. It's been 2 weeks after i recd it and no idea what kind of "official process" is being done on my application. I thought clearing the FBI namecheck was a great step forward but it appears not in my case. I don't know how long should i wait to see the approval notice/email.

pklam said:
It took me a while to catch on what's happening. I'm currently in india and was hoping that my I485 will be approved but looks like CSC does not want to approve it. I got a letter from CSC saying that they've recd my request and going thru "some official process" before adjudicating my application. It's been 2 weeks after i recd it and no idea what kind of "official process" is being done on my application. I thought clearing the FBI namecheck was a great step forward but it appears not in my case. I don't know how long should i wait to see the approval notice/email.

dude.. you have only 2 days before Visa Number becomes unavailable. Ask your lawyer to call up USCIS today & request approval by Monday.

hi

gp111 said:
dude.. you have only 2 days before Visa Number becomes unavailable. Ask your lawyer to call up USCIS today & request approval by Monday.

Thanks gp111. I was unaware of the visa unavailability and have contacted my lawyer who promised to contact USCIS. But he was not optimistic at all. I don't know how much can happen in the day left :( :( :(. I've also sent an email to officer bueno also and keeping my fingers crossed.

gp111 said:

where can we see how many visa numbers are available?
when does the new quota open?

Thanks.

sksave said:
where can we see how many visa numbers are available?
when does the new quota open?
Just read this in http://www.murthy.com/news/n_impdep.html

"Future Predictions on Movement of Priority Dates
©MurthyDotCom
While more visa numbers will be available on October 1, 2006, it should not be presumed that they will return to the dates in the July 2006 Visa Bulletin (or to later dates). Visa cutoff dates are based on estimates of demand. The demand in the EB categories, in part, is dictated by what happens with labor certification cases pending at the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs). If the DOL is able to fulfill its plans to process cases at increased rates, the demand for visa numbers will increase and the cutoff dates will be further negatively impacted. Keep in mind that the EB visa numbers are allocated throughout the year, in a quarterly system. Thus, unlike the H1B numbers, they are not all available at the beginning of the new fiscal year."

Thanks.

you can find out if uscis is lieing. If FBI says that they are done with name check but uscis says its pending, then you need to do something.

on the contrary, if fbi says that its pending, then thats it.

sksave said:
Hi Guys,

Just want to know everyone's opinion.

I have read lot of people taking the effort to contact the congressman, senator etc but the answer is the same "yes it stuck in name check and FBI is working on it, there is nothing they can do to expediate the process"
These same things even CSC can tell us.

- so what is the use of initiating this inquiry?
- Why take all the trouble and effort to do this?

Is it just something to look forward too. Is it just a feel good thing that, I have initiated inquiry and will get some answer?

Does anyone have a different experience? Would like to hear from someone who benefited from this effort.

Thanks.

received reply - name check

I received reply by snail mail after my third enquiry. It says fbi name check is still pending. But surprisingly I didnt see change in LUD. Is it normal?

Raj.

I just received a reply from Officer Cruz, for the email I sent earlier this month, ofcourse name check is still pending :(

CSC is responding to the email enquiries.

Regards,
Raj

sr1234 said:
Hi Raj:

I think it is normal. In my case also they didn't change the LUD after an enquiry.

Thanks
Sr

rajrw said:
I just received a reply from Officer Cruz, for the email I sent earlier this month, ofcourse name check is still pending :(

CSC is responding to the email enquiries.

Regards,
Raj

Its a hit and miss, I think. I got two replies 2 months back, but both stated that I should not send email inquiries to CSC anymore.

In any case, we need an email address to send to FBI, because CSC is washing its hands off at the moment. ;-)

I called USCIS yesterday about enquiring I-485 status. And my status got updated as below. I guess i have to wait until october 1st for my case approval.

On July 31, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

lifeislife said:
Its a hit and miss, I think. I got two replies 2 months back, but both stated that I should not send email inquiries to CSC anymore.

In any case, we need an email address to send to FBI, because CSC is washing its hands off at the moment. ;-)

Well, sometimes you will get that message. But continue sending emails and some nice officer like Mr.Cruz will reply back.

Waste of an hour with Infopass

I set up an Infopass appointment for today and went to the office and wasted one hour in total. The actual conversation with the officer was short, and simple. He was very polite and looked up the records for me, and told me nothing more than what I already knew.

He said both my case and my wife's case is in name check and he does not know how long it would/could take. He gave me the pamphlet with the PDF file from FBI that was attached to an earlier post in this thread explaining how long a case could take for the namecheck process.

Basically, sit and wait was the message. Nothing new. :-(

I wonder where is your file located. If your file stays at CSC, infopass to local office doesn't help since they don't have your physical file with them. In my case, which got transferred to san jose local office, when I made an infopass, they sometimes looked into both computer and real files in paper. If just based on computer, my case is still pending, no LUD or message on uscis website either. Luckily the officer pulled out my file (physically) from some cabinet and the big approved stamp was on the first page of the folder with my photo stapled to it. Then she asked me to write down my new address on the approved paper so that they will send my card to the new address.

I read alot of info posted around that when a case gets transferred to local office, it's a good sign in general, and it moves quicker than cases stay at service centers

lifeislife said:
I set up an Infopass appointment for today and went to the office and wasted one hour in total. The actual conversation with the officer was short, and simple. He was very polite and looked up the records for me, and told me nothing more than what I already knew.

He said both my case and my wife's case is in name check and he does not know how long it would/could take. He gave me the pamphlet with the PDF file from FBI that was attached to an earlier post in this thread explaining how long a case could take for the namecheck process.

Basically, sit and wait was the message. Nothing new. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
My name check is pending for almost 1 year and 3 months by now.
It appears to be heading toward full 2 year or even 3 year...
Honestly, I never thought I could end up being a NC victim.
Well, live and learn...

matt30 said:
I wonder where is your file located. If your file stays at CSC, infopass to local office doesn't help since they don't have your physical file with them. In my case, which got transferred to san jose local office, when I made an infopass, they sometimes looked into both computer and real files in paper. If just based on computer, my case is still pending, no LUD or message on uscis website either. Luckily the officer pulled out my file (physically) from some cabinet and the big approved stamp was on the first page of the folder with my photo stapled to it. Then she asked me to write down my new address on the approved paper so that they will send my card to the new address.

I read alot of info posted around that when a case gets transferred to local office, it's a good sign in general, and it moves quicker than cases stay at service centers

wouldn't they know if the file is at local office or not? they would have told me, or i would have got some notice, right?

under what circumstances does a file get transferred to a local office?