CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

485 Approved

Hi Guys,

I got the following email:

On June 20, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Didn't see any LUD changes prior to the email. Spouse's application is still pending.

What does this email suggest?

Hi,

I called the 800 number and got connected to the CSC customer service. Later, I got an LUD:

the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Do I expect an approval if name check is cleared?

My case info:
EB1, filed in Sept 2005, 140 approved in March 2006. Waiting for 485 approval.

Thanks.

Code 2 Biometric

Hello,

I am a little confused about the Code 2 biometrics. Do you have to have it done (before/after 485 approval)?

My application was approved a few days ago but I have not seen this notice yet. Should I be worried or happy? Please enlighten.

Thanks,
Smoky

jo-mama said:
Hi Guys,

I got the following email:

On June 20, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Didn't see any LUD changes prior to the email. Spouse's application is still pending.

Congratulations, jo-mama.

That's correct. You should be getting an approval shortly... :)

ulam said:
Hi,

I called the 800 number and got connected to the CSC customer service. Later, I got an LUD:

My case info:

Thanks.

Any update from the people who are stuck in namecheck? Any activity, gossip or anything.

CSC EB2 I-485 RD 08/04/2005 ND 08/05/2005
Send three inquiries, all were replied pending FBI namecheck.

Looks like it is going to be very long wait for us. Probably it is better just to forget about GC and move on.

Raj.

tantan said:
Any update from the people who are stuck in namecheck? Any activity, gossip or anything.

tantan said:

No updates. My lawyers said 'let's watch' ... so helpful! :)

I tried calling the 800# again and creating second inquiry, but since it has not been 30 days since the last inquiry, I was told to call back after June 22. Not sure if that inquiry is helping because they did not have any updates for me at that point. If they are creating an inquiry and it has not been worked on for 25 days, what is the point of creating the inquiry???

So basically the second inquiry is to get a status of the first inquiry. What are they thinking?

I initiated second inquiry when I didnt get the response for first one for 30 days. Its been 25 days since I initiated second one, no response yet. They must have stopped responding for people with name check :(

Raj.

lifeislife said:
No updates. My lawyers said 'let's watch' ... so helpful! :)

I tried calling the 800# again and creating second inquiry, but since it has not been 30 days since the last inquiry, I was told to call back after June 22. Not sure if that inquiry is helping because they did not have any updates for me at that point. If they are creating an inquiry and it has not been worked on for 25 days, what is the point of creating the inquiry???

So basically the second inquiry is to get a status of the first inquiry. What are they thinking?

3 inquiries - all name check pending

2 requests to congressman and senator - pending for 8 weeks now. nothing .

Its going to be a long long wait.

anyone considering AC-140 ?

rajrw said:
I initiated second inquiry when I didnt get the response for first one for 30 days. Its been 25 days since I initiated second one, no response yet. They must have stopped responding for people with name check :(

Raj.

qwerty1111 said:
3 inquiries - all name check pending

2 requests to congressman and senator - pending for 8 weeks now. nothing .

Its going to be a long long wait.

anyone considering AC-140 ?

Are you guys getting any email replies from CSC lately ?... just wondering if i can send one or not. Last time i was told to contact 1 800 for all queries.

i think this is just a standard response when your FP results are in and has nothing to do with name check.

ulam said:
Hi,

My case info:

Thanks.

vm_gc,
I got the same standard reply to my first email enquiry. I sent one again last week for which I didn't get a reply yet; but I think that might have something to do with the approval yesterday...??

vm_gc said:
Are you guys getting any email replies from CSC lately ?... just wondering if i can send one or not. Last time i was told to contact 1 800 for all queries.

how to check name check status?

My FP code 3 wad done last year in November, and got updated emails later at that time. This new message is from the inquiry that I made. I am wondering if this kind of phone inquiry could really lead to a case evaluation.

I called FBI, and was told that they no longer accept phone inquiries on name checks. Anybody has any luck lately? If yes, what phone number, please?

shahramt said:
i think this is just a standard response when your FP results are in and has nothing to do with name check.

Good news at last!

Finally got the the 485 approval mail today. Its been a long 4+ years of wait!

Thanks to everyone for creating this tremendoulsy useful forum.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

My case details:

EB-2 India
PD: April 2002
Labor Approved: Early July 2005
140 & 485 filed: August 10, 2005
140 Approved: Early April 2006 (after RFE in Feb 2006)
FP Done: May 26, 2006
485 Approved: June 21, 2006

Text of 485 approval mail I received today below

=====================================
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WACxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

sn2004 said:

My case details:

EB-2 India

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

Congratulations! Another one gets freed from the cage! Fly away! :)

Gurus,

How can I initiate an inquiry thru 800 number. The automated message has been saying something like "can't find the status of case as system is temporarily unavailable" since last 1 year. Is there a way to get live person on the phone?

Thanks

rajrw said:

Raj.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations sn2004! Enjoy the Freedom and go out and celebrate!

-FDD:):):)
sn2004 said:

My case details:

EB-2 India

Current Status:

Sincerely,

congrats.

Do you know if you were stuck in name check for sometime or not?

sn2004 said:

My case details:

EB-2 India

Current Status:

Sincerely,