CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Congratulations! This brings more hope for the rest of us.

Did you get any LUD from their website recently? Thanks.

sn2004 said:
Finally got the the 485 approval mail today. Its been a long 4+ years of wait!

Thanks to everyone for creating this tremendoulsy useful forum.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

My case details:

EB-2 India
PD: April 2002
Labor Approved: Early July 2005
140 & 485 filed: August 10, 2005
140 Approved: Early April 2006 (after RFE in Feb 2006)
FP Done: May 26, 2006
485 Approved: June 21, 2006

Text of 485 approval mail I received today below

=====================================
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WACxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
=====================================

Bay Area Meet.

Hello Friends,

It is time for the third Bay Area immigration portal members get-together and everyone is welcome. We renew old friendships and make new friends each time we meet.

Where:
Pedro's Restaurant & Cantina
3935 Freedom Cir, Santa Clara, CA 95054

When:
Friday June 23rd @ 6:30 PM.

Come - raise a cheer for this portal, celebrate the recent approvals, and wish that everyone gets their green-cards soon.

Created second inquiry with 800#

Since it has been exactly 30 days since I made my first inquiry with USCIS 800#, I called them back again and created a second inquiry.

The customer service rep was surprised that I had not heard from anyone yet, and she said that CSC may be overloaded!

Such a pathetic state of affairs.

I'm not sure if I was ever stuck in name check (my guess is probably not). However, I was stuck in not even getting a FP notice for a very long time. I filed 485 in August 2005 and got FP for May 26, 2006 and that too only after initiating an inquiry through phone in early May (or atleast I think my inquiry was what initiated them to send FP notice). I had a LUD the same day my FP was done. A week after FP was done, I sent an email to CSC asking for status of name check, and got a resposne in 1st week of June (1 week after sending mail) saying that all security checks were cleared and that my case will be processed within 60 days. I got the approval mail 2 weeks after getting the response from CSC. There were no LUDs after the day of my FP and my approval.
Hope that helps. All the best!

ulam said:
Congratulations! This brings more hope for the rest of us.

Did you get any LUD from their website recently? Thanks.

This is a fucking scam man. Some very sick people are slaughtering us and having a laugh too. And now, within the next 20 days as soon as the visa bulletin comes out, we are going to run out of visas till the end of the year.

lifeislife said:
Since it has been exactly 30 days since I made my first inquiry with USCIS 800#, I called them back again and created a second inquiry.

The customer service rep was surprised that I had not heard from anyone yet, and she said that CSC may be overloaded!

Such a pathetic state of affairs.

Qwerty man :)
Cool it fella, I know you are frustrated but think positive. Would you rather have some terrorist getting a green card, they gotta do what they have to do. My Priority date is 2000, so u know I have more rights to get frustrated :))
Atleast you got EAD, I have about 15 colleagues whose labor is not approved yet (they applied in 2002).
Go to google and search "sad stories" on internet and then feel good that you are in a far better situation than most people in this world.

I hope my note doesn't piss you off even further, I know there is a chance and I just wanted to give it a shot.

Remember the quote from Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing, the best of all things".

qwerty1111 said:
This is a fucking scam man. Some very sick people are slaughtering us and having a laugh too. And now, within the next 20 days as soon as the visa bulletin comes out, we are going to run out of visas till the end of the year.

Congratulations

Congratulations sn2004!

Quick questions for you:

What is the best way to find out if I'm stuck in Security Name Check or not?

Should I initiate an inquiry through the 800 number? Or send an email to TSC? Where can I find TSC email address?

Any specific wording should be used in the email to get a reply?

My case was transferred from CSC to TSC during March 2006, and my I-140 was just approved 2 weeks ago. I had LUD on my 485 on 05/22/2006 so I guess I cannot call the 800 number as it has been less than 60 says since LUD right?

Should I just wait, or try and get more info about this Name Check process?

Thanks much for you help.

Rambi.

sn2004 said:
I'm not sure if I was ever stuck in name check (my guess is probably not). However, I was stuck in not even getting a FP notice for a very long time. I filed 485 in August 2005 and got FP for May 26, 2006 and that too only after initiating an inquiry through phone in early May (or atleast I think my inquiry was what initiated them to send FP notice). I had a LUD the same day my FP was done. A week after FP was done, I sent an email to CSC asking for status of name check, and got a resposne in 1st week of June (1 week after sending mail) saying that all security checks were cleared and that my case will be processed within 60 days. I got the approval mail 2 weeks after getting the response from CSC. There were no LUDs after the day of my FP and my approval.
Hope that helps. All the best!

ronniin said:
Qwerty man :)
Cool it fella, I know you are frustrated but think positive. Would you rather have some terrorist getting a green card, they gotta do what they have to do. My Priority date is 2000, so u know I have more rights to get frustrated :))
Atleast you got EAD, I have about 15 colleagues whose labor is not approved yet (they applied in 2002).
Go to google and search "sad stories" on internet and then feel good that you are in a far better situation than most people in this world.

I hope my note doesn't piss you off even further, I know there is a chance and I just wanted to give it a shot.

Remember the quote from Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing, the best of all things".
ronnin, you think a terrorist will apply for green card through employee based category. In this mess, it's easier to be illegal than legal...

Name Check : Update

Hi,
I've not been able to visit the forum regularly. Anyways, 1.5 weeks back i heard written confirmation from both my congressman as well as senator boxer that my case is pending name check from Aug 26th 2005. I was frustrated to see the letter and last monday i opened up an inquiry with USCIS who of course said that they'll get back within 30 days or otherwise call.
Now I got a letter today from the congressman's office saying that FBI has confirmed that my name check is completed and has been forwared to USCIS on 21st June 2006.
I checked my online status and it has not changed yet. Hopefully, the approval comes soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

pklam said:
Hi,
I've not been able to visit the forum regularly. Anyways, 1.5 weeks back i heard written confirmation from both my congressman as well as senator boxer that my case is pending name check from Aug 26th 2005. I was frustrated to see the letter and last monday i opened up an inquiry with USCIS who of course said that they'll get back within 30 days or otherwise call.
Now I got a letter today from the congressman's office saying that FBI has confirmed that my name check is completed and has been forwared to USCIS on 21st June 2006.
I checked my online status and it has not changed yet. Hopefully, the approval comes soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Excellent news, pklam! Keep them crossed :)

Oh Boy. What a news. So it took almost 12 weeks since you contacted boxer, feinstein and trombo.

Thanks for posting this info. I am kicking myself why I didnot contact my senators and congressman earlier.

pklam said:
Hi,

How is it coming along gents? Really sorry to see people stuck in the queue again. This seems like a never ending cyclic process which occurs every few years. Backlogs increase till they break the camel's back and the poor legal immigrants finally band together to fight the system. They make inroads, receive promises that the broken system will be fixed, for a short time, processing speeds up and then it is back to square one.

I hope and pray all you people sitting in the back logged queues see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Regards from an ole timer.

Got a call from the Senator's office

I got a call from a lady who has been assigned my issue at the Senator's office. She said that she will be sending the inquiry today, and nowadays, it has been taking 6 to 8 weeks to get a response from the FBI. She did say that the number of inquiries has increased of late, not only at the Senator's office, but also from other sources like Congressperson's office.

Bottomline, the FBI is overwhelmed with inquiries, so not sure when I'll hear from them.

But hey, on the positive side, at least someone is talking to the right agency for me!

Ray S. said:
I have an LUD on both my I-485 and my sometime back approved EAD. 06/26/2006

When I run the scanner on my case, I don't see any case status returning after the LUD, I did see a status before the LUD.

I always wanted to ask this - what is the "scanner"?

From my understanding (I have not run it personally):

Its a program that generates WAC #s and sends requests to the uscis webpage to get status. Then it strips the html off the response and presents just the 2-3 sentences that contain the status.

Some folks just have way too much time on their hands :) and just too much patience (all very GOOD things, if I may add).

lifeislife said:
I always wanted to ask this - what is the "scanner"?

qwerty1111 said:
From my understanding (I have not run it personally):

Its a program that generates WAC #s and sends requests to the uscis webpage to get status. Then it strips the html off the response and presents just the 2-3 sentences that contain the status.

Some folks just have way too much time on their hands :) and just too much patience (all very GOOD things, if I may add).

Interesting - if the program is in public domain, please post the information to access it so that I can run it too :)

Though with the way USCIS/FBI work, there is absolutely no correlation, so it may not be that useful. :)

By all means, run it.

Lets suppose you run it and see that x % of the folks who applied in the 7 day neighbourhood around your RD is approved and y % are in various stages of processing.

Its most likely that x = 90. What will you conclude ? Its not like you dont know that we are the most unfortunate souls who a miniscule minority and who are stuck in name check.

lifeislife said:
Interesting - if the program is in public domain, please post the information to access it so that I can run it too :)

Though with the way USCIS/FBI work, there is absolutely no correlation, so it may not be that useful. :)

qwerty1111 said:
By all means, run it.

Lets suppose you run it and see that x % of the folks who applied in the 7 day neighbourhood around your RD is approved and y % are in various stages of processing.

Its most likely that x = 90. What will you conclude ? Its not like you dont know that we are the most unfortunate souls who a miniscule minority and who are stuck in name check.

LOL, yea. No point. Just sit and wait...

pklam said:
Hi,
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted please. I guess you are the only one from the 140 forum that got cleared after contacting the congressman/senator.

My ND is Aug 05 2005. When do you guys think is the best time to apply for a new EAD/Advance-Parole? They've been issued in early Sept 2005. Thanks.

485 RD 08/04/2004 ND 08/04/2004, Pending FBI namecheck