CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

dont do this to yourself.

All logic is goofed up when it comes to USCIS.

This is not true. I did my FP long before the time u mentioned.

If you are stuck in name check, its time to fall on your knees.

lifeislife said:
Empirically, from the past few weeks of approvals :)

Defies logic and published processes, but seems to be true :-(

lifeislife said:
Empirically, from the past few weeks of approvals :)

Defies logic and published processes, but seems to be true :-(

my FP was done on April 04, 2006, go approval on May 09 2005,,, many cases like mine does not fit this logic

gp111 said:
my FP was done on April 04, 2006, go approval on May 09 2005,,, many cases like mine does not fit this logic

Wait. Wasn't your background check completed before that? Maybe it is BG check completion date that is the key then :)

I am trying to find some explanations for what I see is random processing. So please don't feel I am challenging anything here :)

Then again I wonder if we ever seen EB-1 approvals which
was filed between May and November of 2005 at CSC ?
We must have some approvals and rest of them are on name check, right?,
although no logic holds when it comes to USCIS...

dvyas said:
Absolutely... gives us hope!!

I however feel that TSC is moving cases much faster than CSC at this point though.

I hope your name check gets approved soon as the PD is current...
Good luck. :)

Ray S. said:
Is there a way to find out if a 485 is stuck in name check etc. other than infopass? How can we get a status on a pending 485? Can attorney's help?

If your congressmen is really good S/he can check both side USCIS and FBI.
I don't think attorney can do much than you regarding status check...

Ray S. said:
my FP was done May 15th, PD is current - no response on 485 after 2 LUDs following FP

You have to trigger them somehow. Try initiate inquiry through customer service.

This inquiry will trigger your 485 if your name check is complete...

My friend who was on an EB1 also and had filed on March 30 2005 got approved on the 12th of May 2006... just adding more info to the equation here...

fdfd said:
Then again I wonder if we ever seen EB-1 approvals which
was filed between May and November of 2005 at CSC ?
We must have some approvals and rest of them are on name check, right?,
although no logic holds when it comes to USCIS...

Last edited by a moderator:
lifeislife said:
Wait. Wasn't your background check completed before that? Maybe it is BG check completion date that is the key then :)

I am trying to find some explanations for what I see is random processing. So please don't feel I am challenging anything here :)

My friend - what are you trying to do - haven't you figured it out yet - there's no point trying to figure it out! There are several who came before you with confidence unparalleled, levelled to the floor by this GC issuance system - one name that guys who have come from CA labor forums will distinctly remember is zanybrainy :) So let it be coz life is life!

nother1inline said:
My friend - what are you trying to do - haven't you figured it out yet - there's no point trying to figure it out! There are several who came before you with confidence unparalleled, levelled to the floor by this GC issuance system - one name that guys who have come from CA labor forums will distinctly remember is zanybrainy :) So let it be coz life is life!

I just need to keep busy while I am kneeling down, waiting for background check to finish, seeing others getting approvals :)

Just an update: recieved a call from congresswoman's office that their inquiry to CSC on my 485 has been responded by 'Name check is still pending'. They said, they will initiate an inquiry to FBI next. That's it.

I've read stories that congressman office can help. But the way I see it, they don't do anything other than sending an inquiry. I am totally disappointed...

Law suit is our only assertive choice. I'll wait for another couple month before I persue this path.

tantan said:
Just an update: recieved a call from congresswoman's office that their inquiry to CSC on my 485 has been responded by 'Name check is still pending'. They said, they will initiate an inquiry to FBI next. That's it.

I've read stories that congressman office can help. But the way I see it, they don't do anything other than sending an inquiry. I am totally disappointed...

Law suit is our only assertive choice. I'll wait for another couple month before I persue this path.

Yea, I don't think the USCIS or the FBI react any differently if the inquiry comes from Congresswoman, the individual or the lawyer representing the individual. But who knows ... if the Congressperson is motivated enough, he/she will follow up and stuff.

Good luck to you! :)

lifeislife said:
I just need to keep busy while I am kneeling down, waiting for background check to finish, seeing others getting approvals :)

Think Positive is only solution
Dont look at the recent approvals which are generally PD >6/2002

I Look at my collegues whose PD's are 6/2002 from same company applied same date are still stuck in BEC centers.

At least we are better with AC21 portablity and EAD's

If you live in Bay area , Cheer up and wait for invitation to Join some of GC approvals party in Bay area :)

mnhrdc said:
Think Positive is only solution
Dont look at the recent approvals which are generally PD >6/2002

I Look at my collegues whose PD's are 6/2002 from same company applied same date are still stuck in BEC centers.

At least we are better with AC21 portablity and EAD's

If you live in Bay area , Cheer up and wait for invitation to Join some of GC approvals party in Bay area :)

Staying positive has made me survive from March 2002 onwards up to now. Not giving up so easily :)

Maybe I will join the parties - after all, it will be good to hear from fellow survivors :)

Interesting point to note

I just clicked on my WAC # entry on the tracker website and realized that the message no longer says anything about the '270 to 300 days' processing time. It only gives me a link to the processing times sheet, where of course 485 for CSC shows a date of Nov 16, 2005.

More unknowns.

Interesting indeed... seems like they are trying to be technically correct ...

lifeislife said:
I just clicked on my WAC # entry on the tracker website and realized that the message no longer says anything about the '270 to 300 days' processing time. It only gives me a link to the processing times sheet, where of course 485 for CSC shows a date of Nov 16, 2005.

More unknowns.

lifeislife
Was there a LUD on your account? I had a LUD today and the message also changed that matched the description you gave. Just trying to figure out if my LUD is a special one or a general message update LUD about the processing dates.

lifeislife said:

More unknowns.

lifeislife said:

More unknowns.

same here. This is the latest mesg I'm seeing. LUD changed to 06/05/06

Current Status:

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

nikedude your case got transferred to TSC too ?

no LUD here nor any change in 485 WAC link. Still says - FP results were received blah blah blah ...

nikedude said:
same here. This is the latest mesg I'm seeing. LUD changed to 06/05/06

Current Status:

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Same here! Message change without any change in LUD.

Ray S. said:
My message changed - no LUD

On April 7, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.