CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

mnhrdc said:
Think Positive is only solution
Dont look at the recent approvals which are generally PD >6/2002

I Look at my collegues whose PD's are 6/2002 from same company applied same date are still stuck in BEC centers.

At least we are better with AC21 portablity and EAD's
I am not sure your theory about the PD is correct. I have live examples (there are more than 3) in my company that got their actual cards w PDs all in 2005.

no change

No change for me either. Same old message.

qwerty1111 said:
nikedude your case got transferred to TSC too ?

no LUD here nor any change in 485 WAC link. Still says - FP results were received blah blah blah ...

gp111, Since you got the card, was wondering if we will be hearing from you?

People, I was wondering how many of you are stuck in namecheck, processing date is passed your ND, have contacted congressman and got the same reply from USCIS and FBI? Let's have a head count and then we'll see if we can find some way to attack this. Thanks.

whats the plan ? as you must be knowing, millions before us have tried to quicken the FBI namecheck process. And failed.

If we are to attack this, lets not go the congressman, uscis, fbi route again. Folks usually send snail mails, emails, start up a webpage and what not. All useless. Usually nothing happens.

IMO, the only definitive way to get this resolved is through a lawsuit. Sue the bastards. Enough is enough.

tantan said:

People, I was wondering how many of you are stuck in namecheck, processing date is passed your ND, have contacted congressman and got the same reply from USCIS and FBI? Let's have a head count and then we'll see if we can find some way to attack this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ronniin said:
lifeislife
Was there a LUD on your account? I had a LUD today and the message also changed that matched the description you gave. Just trying to figure out if my LUD is a special one or a general message update LUD about the processing dates.

Nope, no LUD, just the message change. Strange indeed, now that I see many of us seeing a similar change.

tantan said:

I am stuck in background check/name check. The lawyers, after me pushing hard, have basically said that they cannot do anything because it is FBI - they can contact USCIS and they did, and they got the same response, that nothing can be done by USCIS until name check clears.

I contacted the Congresswoman and she found out from USCIS that my 485 seems to be filed under EB3. I know that is a mistake, because my 140 has been approved under EB2. I asked my lawyers to have it updated, but USCIS came back to them today and said that they cannot update the case till name check clears.

So I am stuck in a pile of highly viscous mud and cannot move much and have to sit and wait.

By the way, I also contacted both my Senators, and one of them replied back saying that she needs my permission in writing to authorize her to inquire about my file. I sent the same to her about 2 weeks back and have not heard from her since.

tantan said:

I'm stuck in name check and have contacted both the congressman and the senator both of whom have initiated inquiries and it is over 9 weeks and there are responses.

There is no LUD but i see the msg change "The results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made. If you would like to see the Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.
"

tantan said:
I am not sure your theory about the PD is correct. I have live examples (there are more than 3) in my company that got their actual cards w PDs all in 2005.

My mistake i should have been more specific.

"Genrally" ment was for retrogressed countries like India.

If PD are in 2005 they must be from not retrogressed country.

www.H4Help.org

www.H4Help.org – A new website launched.
It is a place where dependent visa holders in the US can get guidance on what they can do about their helpless situation. They can network with fellow dependent visa holders, help each other find jobs, help advocates in improving policies by participating in the survey, volunteer… etc. The possibilities are endless. Please let everyone with dependent visa know about this site… This site is started by a dependent visa holder and right now it is run by hand full of people. If you are interested in being part this non-profit organization, please email us at feedback@H4Help.org.

qwerty1111 said:
nikedude your case got transferred to TSC too ?

no LUD here nor any change in 485 WAC link. Still says - FP results were received blah blah blah ...

Yes. on Mar 23rd itself. (though the current status says On March 29, 2006....).

Conference Call

qwerty1111 said:
whats the plan ? as you must be knowing, millions before us have tried to quicken the FBI namecheck process. And failed.

If we are to attack this, lets not go the congressman, uscis, fbi route again. Folks usually send snail mails, emails, start up a webpage and what not. All useless. Usually nothing happens.

IMO, the only definitive way to get this resolved is through a lawsuit. Sue the bastards. Enough is enough.

Please refer the below link, there is group who are trying to make a conference call tomorrow with an attorney, to take actions on how to improve this process or law suit.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=898&page=5

I would like to request you all to participate/sign up and put all your efforts to make this happen.

regards

485 status

I had my fingerprinting done about 2 weeks ago. I sent a mail to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov inquiring about my status a week ago and got the following response today

"Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your I-485 application.

The I-485 will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The file will than be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days.

M. Bueno"

I am hoping this means both name check and finger print results are done (but I have had no emails or case updates on my 485 and my LUD is still from the day of my fingerprinting).

If both fp and name check are cleared, any guesses on how much longer it usually takes from this stage (does it take 60 days or is it usually lesser?).

PD: April 2002
Labor approved: July 2005
140 and 485 filed: Early August, 2005
140 approved: April 2006
FP done: Last week of May 2006

Thanks!

sn2004 said:
I had my fingerprinting done about 2 weeks ago. I sent a mail to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov inquiring about my status a week ago and got the following response today

"Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your I-485 application.

The I-485 will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The file will than be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days.

M. Bueno"

I am hoping this means both name check and finger print results are done (but I have had no emails or case updates on my 485 and my LUD is still from the day of my fingerprinting).

If both fp and name check are cleared, any guesses on how much longer it usually takes from this stage (does it take 60 days or is it usually lesser?).

Thanks!

Wow, congratulations. I wonder why your FP was done so much later than mine (with similar other dates). In any case, enjoy!

sn2004 said:

M. Bueno"

Thanks!

Please let us know the format what you have sent this enquiry.

Secodly, please let me know the processing center where your application is processing.

sn2004 said:

M. Bueno"

Thanks!

Congrats! Does this mean CSC resumed their email inquiry system?

Interview at sanjose office

Hi all

I got an interview today at the San Jose local office. Everything went smoothly (took only 30 mins) then the officer told me that my FBI check has not been cleared. So they will send me a snail mail once they get FBI result.
I can either get my greencard or second interview if FBI result has something wrong. She also said that it takes up to 6 months from today to get FBI result but the process is much faster lately.

I am kinda disappointed but atleast they don't reject my I-485.

Another long and painful waiting time.

Good luck to all of you.

sn2004 said:

M. Bueno"

Thanks!

Based on prior experiences, you should be getting your GC well before the 60 days mentioned. Enjoy

You will get approval in 2-5 days max!

Congratulations! You will get your approval by this Friday June 9 or Saturday June 10, 2006.

I too had received the same message and got approvals within two days of recieving the message!

Enjoy your freedom!

Cheers,

-FDD:):):)
Keep an eye on your mailbox, one of the most amazing emails you ever receive will be with you shortly....

sn2004 said:

M. Bueno"

Thanks!

Why was it sent to the Local Office?

Matt30,

Do you know why your application was sent to the local office? What documents did you need to take with you?

Thanks,
Smoky

matt30 said:
Hi all

I got an interview today at the San Jose local office. Everything went smoothly (took only 30 mins) then the officer told me that my FBI check has not been cleared. So they will send me a snail mail once they get FBI result.
I can either get my greencard or second interview if FBI result has something wrong. She also said that it takes up to 6 months from today to get FBI result but the process is much faster lately.

I have no idea why's my case got transferred to local office for an interview.
Here are documents that they asked me:

Original Birth Cert.
Recent employment letter.
Passport
Original master dregree cert.
Tax return from my employer and myself.

Bring all the documents that you could to the interview. I heard that they may ask for different of docs depending on different cases. Bring them all, but don't volunteer to show them. Just show them what they ask for.

When is your interview taking place? Do yo know your FBI check has been cleared?

Good luck

smoky said:
Matt30,

Do you know why your application was sent to the local office? What documents did you need to take with you?

Thanks,
Smoky