CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

dabuk said:
I'm sure that legally there is an issue. Whether they have an issue at the POE or not depends on the immigration officer at the desk, since you can no longer be admitted as a non-immigrant (so your H1 is useless), and without AP/GC in person, they can deny you admission.

My point is why take risk, when you can avoid it? Apply for AP, get AP, travel.

"Given the unpredictability of processing times, it is possible for the I-485 to be approved while one is traveling abroad. Therefore, although H-1/H-4 and L-1/L-2 holders can travel without advance parole, it is best not to do so. This is particularly true for individuals who do not have valid visas in their passports. If the I-485 is approved while an individual is abroad, s/he is no longer eligible for nonimmigrant (temporary) status. The best situation is for the individual to have advance parole, which makes travel possible, and to explain the fact of approval at the Port of Entry. The worst situation is if an individual does not have advance parole and plans to obtain an H or L visa at the consulate for reentry. If the I-485 is approved while this person is abroad, s/he is not eligible for the H or L visa at the consulate. Without other documentation permitting travel, one would not be allowed to board the plane without a travel document or valid visa stamp in the passport."

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-203925.html

This is from one of my co-worker true experience and also from my lawyer.

Yes AP is a must, otherwise whole greencard is doomed if 485 gets approved when a person is outside united states without a valid AP.

H-1/H-4 is no longer valid after 485 approval. You will be stuck at POE or at later time.

It's better to consult lawyer before travelling outside with 485 pending as each and every case is different and unique. Do not take risks at final stage after a long years of wait...

EAD renewal

Hi,

I e-filed for renewal for my EAD.

What is the next step?
Do I need to take infopass for photos and FP?
will I receive something from them regarding the photo and FP appoinment?
when should I send my documents?
do I need to wait for the paper receipt notice?

Please let me know I am already a bit late in filing.
I have less then 90 days left.

Thanks.

dabuk said:
I'm sure that legally there is an issue. Whether they have an issue at the POE or not depends on the immigration officer at the desk, since you can no longer be admitted as a non-immigrant (so your H1 is useless), and without AP/GC in person, they can deny you admission.

My point is why take risk, when you can avoid it? Apply for AP, get AP, travel.

"Given the unpredictability of processing times, it is possible for the I-485 to be approved while one is traveling abroad. Therefore, although H-1/H-4 and L-1/L-2 holders can travel without advance parole, it is best not to do so. This is particularly true for individuals who do not have valid visas in their passports. If the I-485 is approved while an individual is abroad, s/he is no longer eligible for nonimmigrant (temporary) status. The best situation is for the individual to have advance parole, which makes travel possible, and to explain the fact of approval at the Port of Entry. The worst situation is if an individual does not have advance parole and plans to obtain an H or L visa at the consulate for reentry. If the I-485 is approved while this person is abroad, s/he is not eligible for the H or L visa at the consulate. Without other documentation permitting travel, one would not be allowed to board the plane without a travel document or valid visa stamp in the passport."

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-203925.html
My H1 is already expired, now working on EAD, travelling using AP. Thank you so much for your responses, it was very helpful.

shaaka said:
This is from one of my co-worker true experience and also from my lawyer.

Yes AP is a must, otherwise whole greencard is doomed if 485 gets approved when a person is outside united states without a valid AP.

H-1/H-4 is no longer valid after 485 approval. You will be stuck at POE or at later time.

It's better to consult lawyer before travelling outside with 485 pending as each and every case is different and unique. Do not take risks at final stage after a long years of wait...

I am not challanging the information OR do not want to start discussion about this BUT just want to add that this info is not accurate. Its valid but not 100%.

If one persone is traveling out (H1/H4/L1/L2) & GC gets approved He/She can obtain a Travel Permit from local Embassy (similar to the one when some one on GC traveling out and looses his/her GC).

Also GC process is not doomed by getting GC approved when one is outside the country (again for H1/L1/H4/L2 folks)

Name Check Email...

Hi all,
My PD recently became current... actually today it becomes current. Is it advisable to send out a name check email or should I wait for a couple of weeks before I send it out?
Thanks.

piyushj said:
Hi all,
My PD recently became current... actually today it becomes current. Is it advisable to send out a name check email or should I wait for a couple of weeks before I send it out?
Thanks.

For name check status you don't need to wait to become current.
You can email them anytime to know the status. Actually it takes couple of weeks for reply back..

Got Approved

Hi,

Today, I got approval email notifications from USCIS on my and spouse I-485 applications. It has been a 5-6 yrs. long journey for us.

Our best wishes to all those waiting for their GC approval.

From this experience, my advice would be:

1. When your notice date is beyond the posted processing date for your service center, do open a query for your case (in case of I-140, it has to be through your lawyer).

2. If from a retrogressed country, send an email query as soon as your priority date is current. Processing dates need not be beyond your notice date. This forum already knows this, but it is worth stressing here.

In our cases, we took these actions at the two stages (I-140 & I-485) which resulted in RFE or approval within 2 months time frame.

-fan123

Got Reply from CSC !

Got quick response from CSC to the email I sent this morning. :)

"these cases are ready to be distributed to officers since visas are now available to you. Please allow up to 30 days for the cases to be sent to an officer for final processing. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
California Service Center
Congressional & Customer Service Relations
Division XII"

No now new waiting day counter for me ;)

piyushj said:
Hi all,
Thanks.

Why do you think your case is stuck at Name Check ??

Send email today & ask for latest status.

gp111 said:

"these cases are ready to be distributed to officers since visas are now available to you. Please allow up to 30 days for the cases to be sent to an officer for final processing. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
Division XII"

It took me a second after reading your email to send a mail for my status check. I am not hoping to be as lucky as you are in getting a quick reply but hey congrats. You have been very helpful to this group and hope you get your GC well within this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:

Officer R. Cruz
Division XII"

GP111 I have some questions for you:

1. Did you ever get any email about your case status updates, other than your requests??
2. Was there an LUD on your case today? The officer must have taken a look at your case??
3. Did you get any LUD on your case other than RFE and FP notice or FP recieved??

Case Status Email...

Thanks...
I didn't know that you could ask for name check status anytime. As for 485 case status I sent out an email today.. lets see when they respond.
How long does it usually take? A couple of weeks?

gp111 said:
Why do you think your case is stuck at Name Check ??

Send email today & ask for latest status.

volleyball said:
GP111 I have some questions for you:

1. Did you ever get any email about your case status updates, other than your requests??

YES, I had LUDs when I-140 got approved & after FP (Day of FP & next Day) without any message change

2. Was there an LUD on your case today? The officer must have taken a look at your case??

There should be LUD change today evening as I guess their data base gets updated every evening.

3. Did you get any LUD on your case other than RFE and FP notice or FP recieved??
Yes, one time without any reason also

But in a Nutshell, LUDs / Online Status Update IS NOT accurate & different people have different experiences. So I would not waste my energy on that. For example, my I-140 got approved on 01/12 & got hard copy on 01/18.. Online status was I-140 pending for 3 months more & now shows I-140 got approved on first week of April ! :confused:

gp111 said:
But in a Nutshell, LUDs / Online Status Update IS NOT accurate & different people have different experiences. So I would not waste my energy on that. For example, my I-140 got approved on 01/12 & got hard copy on 01/18.. Online status was I-140 pending for 3 months more & now shows I-140 got approved on first week of April ! :confused:

Thanks. I am not that bothered at this point but since I dont have much work :p I am just trying to speculate.

Can you explain your point #1 in details?

thanks

fan123 said:
Hi,

Today, I got approval email notifications from USCIS on my and spouse I-485 applications. It has been a 5-6 yrs. long journey for us.

Our best wishes to all those waiting for their GC approval.

From this experience, my advice would be:

1. When your notice date is beyond the posted processing date for your service center, do open a query for your case (in case of I-140, it has to be through your lawyer).

2. If from a retrogressed country, send an email query as soon as your priority date is current. Processing dates need not be beyond your notice date. This forum already knows this, but it is worth stressing here.

In our cases, we took these actions at the two stages (I-140 & I-485) which resulted in RFE or approval within 2 months time frame.

-fan123

gp111 said:

Officer R. Cruz
Division XII"

That's great news, gp! Fingers crossed!

I sent my status check email today :)

salary

GP111,

My labor cet. salary is $85000/year but my acctually salary matchs with my H-1B which is much lower than $85000.

The interview notice asks me to bring all my tax and recent paycheck.

I wonder if the fact that my current salary is lower than it states on my Labor would cause a denial?

Thanks

matt30 said:
GP111,

My labor cet. salary is $85000/year but my acctually salary matchs with my H-1B which is much lower than $85000.

I wonder if the fact that my current salary is lower than it states on my Labor would cause a denial?

Thanks

I dont consider that to be a problem as long as your employer provides a letter stating your will be paid what's written in LC once you get GC.

matt30

May I ask when did you get the interview notice ans when the interview is scheduled for? My case got transfer to LA local office on Apr 5, until now, haven't got any interview notice. :(

matt30 said:
GP111,

Thanks