CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Can't check my case online

Any of you experience this? I tried to log in USCIS to check my case's status but got error.

Isn't this pathetic:
Many non-retro people are pending namecheck.
Many retro people's namecheck are cleared but visa is not available.
Other service centers are advancing in 485.
CSC is stuck at Jun 05...

Sick of this sick system!

jonny said:
Hi,

I got the following reply from M.Bueno one day after sending the email.

The FBI name check has cleared. However, there is NO visas available for citizens of India with priority date of 05/10/02 and classification of EB-2. Visas are only available up to priority date 01/01/02. Keep in eye on the visa bulletin board.

M. Bueno

Jonny

EB2:
I-485 ND: June 28 2005
EB2 PD: May 10/2002

I got the exact same response so as GP suggested - email on April 01 :)

What was the status of this case before you got this update, if I may ask ?
Name check ?

Vikes said:
This is one of the cases that I follow (not mine) and got this email:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC060725xxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for
processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a
written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice
informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call
the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information
about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you
received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Vikes said:
This is one of the cases that I follow (not mine) and got this email:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC060725xxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for
processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a
written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice
informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call
the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information
about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you
received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Was this a CSC case?

tantan said:
Isn't this pathetic:
Many non-retro people are pending namecheck.
Many retro people's namecheck are cleared but visa is not available.
Other service centers are advancing in 485.
CSC is stuck at Jun 05...

Sick of this sick system!

I know.. but I try to look on the bright side: some of the oldest
cases are getting approved. That's good for them.

However, wondering what the hell is this CSC specific issue
because other centers does not seem to have that much problem.
I think public has a right to know what's eating CSC now !!

Looks like CSC is tranfering some files to other service centers. Any idea why is this happening? and how it's going to affect other cases at CSC?

485 - Question

Me and my wife did finger printing last year in Nov 2005. But no LUD or status changes to 485 related to finger printing results?

How do i check my finger printing results? Any email address.

shaaka said:
Me and my wife did finger printing last year in Nov 2005. But no LUD or status changes to 485 related to finger printing results?

How do i check my finger printing results? Any email address.

You don't need to. FP Results takes 2 days to 2 weeks in most cases & we have not seen any case on this forum waiting only due to FP results. If there is some problem with FP they will send you FP schedule again.

LUD is just a status update on web database which is not 100% perfect. For example, my I-140 got approved on 1/12 & got hard copy on 1/28 BUT still my online status as of today says "you case has been received on ... & it takes blah blah days etc"

Question about birth certificate

gp111 said:
You don't need to. FP Results takes 2 days to 2 weeks in most cases & we have not seen any case on this forum waiting only due to FP results. If there is some problem with FP they will send you FP schedule again.

LUD is just a status update on web database which is not 100% perfect. For example, my I-140 got approved on 1/12 & got hard copy on 1/28 BUT still my online status as of today says "you case has been received on ... & it takes blah blah days etc"

Thanks GP111...

Also question about birth date in birth certificate...
All records shows Sep 16 except birth certificate shows Sep 17.

Now i got my birth certificate corrected to Sep 16 from india after court order and several other process Oh boy it's a big nearly impossible process to get it changed.

Is there a way to amend 485 with correct birth certificate? or should i wait?

Got reply from USCIS

Hi,

I am a silent watcher of this thread and got a lot of info on this thread just by watching all your replies. I sent a query to USCIS on Mar9th and got a reply today. I actually asked for the Name Check status.

Reply from Mr Cruz

I'm ordering these cases to complete the final adjudication. Please
allow 2-3 weeks for this process. Thank you.

Is this mean my case is approved?

140 - AD 12/06
485 - RD 08/05/05
PD Jan 01

gsri said:
Hi,

I am a silent watcher of this thread and got a lot of info on this thread just by watching all your replies. I sent a query to USCIS on Mar9th and got a reply today. I actually asked for the Name Check status.

Reply from Mr Cruz

allow 2-3 weeks for this process. Thank you.

Is this mean my case is approved?

140 - AD 12/06
485 - RD 08/05/05
PD Jan 01

Thats Ms. Cruz (Ms. Rebbeca Cruz).

It does not mean "Approved" but Almost Approved. They will send your files for last one verification & everything found complete you will get sweet emails / snail mail in few days.

Congratulations.

shaaka said:
Thanks GP111...

Also question about birth date in birth certificate...
All records shows Sep 16 except birth certificate shows Sep 17.

Now i got my birth certificate corrected to Sep 16 from india after court order and several other process Oh boy it's a big nearly impossible process to get it changed.

Is there a way to amend 485 with correct birth certificate? or should i wait?

Ask your attorney for accurate answer on this. I would send it only if I get RFE.

No need to change birth certificate.

Here is what you can do. Get affidavit from one of your parents for your date of birth and from 3 relatives to testify that you were born on that date. USCIS accept these affidavits as proof of date of birth. I have RFE for in my wife's 485 .Although we have original Date of birth cert from Municiplity but her father's name is abbreviated and it is in Hindi.
gp111 said:
Ask your attorney for accurate answer on this. I would send it only if I get RFE.

ediman said:
No need to change birth certificate.

Here is what you can do. Get affidavit from one of your parents for your date of birth and from 3 relatives to testify that you were born on that date. USCIS accept these affidavits as proof of date of birth. I have RFE for in my wife's 485 .Although we have original Date of birth cert from Municiplity but her father's name is abbreviated and it is in Hindi.

An english translation of the birth certificate in local language will suffice -

gp111 said:
Thats Ms. Cruz (Ms. Rebbeca Cruz).

It does not mean "Approved" but Almost Approved. They will send your files for last one verification & everything found complete you will get sweet emails / snail mail in few days.

Congratulations.

So this means my Name Check is cleared?

Thanks

tantan said:
Looks like CSC is tranfering some files to other service centers. Any idea why is this happening? and how it's going to affect other cases at CSC?
From immigration-law.com:

# USCIS has just released a notice that effective April 1, 2006, employer must file I-129 petition with the Vermont Service Center and I-140 Petition filed with the Nebraska Service Center. Any accompanying forms should also be filed at these centralized locations.

# After April 1, 206, the Vermont Service Center and California Service Center will process all I-129 petitions and related dependent applications. After April 1, 2006, all I-140 petitions and related I-485 applications will be processed by the Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center. USCIS however notes that the filing location for the form type is not necessarily the Service Center that will decide the case. USCIS will continue to process cases received before April 1, 2006 preexisting procedures.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/BiSpecPh01_24Mar06PR.pdf

This release has a note saying USCIS will continue to process cases received before April 1st using pre-existing procedures. I don't know what that means.

Last edited by a moderator:
gsri said:
...Reply from Mr Cruz

allow 2-3 weeks for this process. Thank you...
Somebody (Ms Cruz) with 'ordering' capability is replying to inquiries. Now that's something!