CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

arbit007 said:
folks
This is related to upcoming comprehensive immigration reform.
ASSUMING One OFTHE BILLS PASS (Mccain kennedy , or cornyn kyl
what are the positions of these bills on the day the new employment quota will be started (lets say quota increases from 140k to 290k or 190k)

Will it be effective the day , president signs it, or will it be effective from 1st oct 2006 ?
what do these bills say in this regard ?

90 days after President Signs it.

Did contact CSC

I did contact CSC maybe 2-3 weeks back. Here is the reply from Mr Williams

"Fingerprints do expire after 14 months. It is best to hold off on getting
printed because you could be printed more than once by the time the visa is
available"

Also called the 1-800 number, but they were not helpful as the processing date is 1 week earlier than my ND.
At this point don't know what to do. Any advice appreciated.

gp111 said:
for June, July, Aug filings... If you have not received FP till date contact CSC at CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

I found out yesterday that they did sent me FP, I never received it :eek:

Received the RFE.
It asks for the employement letter (to verify if I am still employed) and also the 3 most recent paystubs, 2004 W2 and 2004 tax return records.

GP111,

Why does the CIS request for paytubs?? I thought that the salary for employment-base greencard is for the future postion. They should require the proof of the ability to pay of the company, not your w-2 or paytub.

I am asking this because my current salary is way below the salary in my approved LC.

Please have some words,

Shahramt,

May I ask what is the size of your company??

Thanks

shahramt said:
Received the RFE.
It asks for the employement letter (to verify if I am still employed) and also the 3 most recent paystubs, 2004 W2 and 2004 tax return records.

Last edited by a moderator:
matt30 said:
GP111,

Why does the CIS request for paytubs?? I thought that the salary for employment-base greencard is for the future postion. They should require the proof of the ability to pay of the company, not your w-2 or paytub.

I am asking this because my current salary is way below the salary in my approved LC.

Please have some words,

Shahramt,

Thanks

gp111,

One question. RFE asks for 2004 tax return records. I don't have a copy so I need to request one. There is a form "4506" for copy of tax return (39$, takes 60 days) and "4506-T" for transcript of tax return (free, takes 10 days". do you know which one I need to request?

matt30,

To be exact, they want to verify if the applicant is still employed or the job still being offered. Our company is about 15 people.

Shahram

I updated it with my dates...

tantan said:
Thanks for all the updates. That really helps. I updated the spreadsheet we had on Aug 140 tracker. Deleted couple columns and extended 485 LUD part. So, please review your name and status and update it if needed.

I got a copy of the 140 approval last Sat. On 1/23 rcvd FP schdule letter for 2/9. Won't be in town at that time. So will go for early FP next week, if not possible reschedule.

Shahramt got an RFE. That means there are some officers working on late July. I guess that's good news for all the Aug applicants.

matt30 said:
GP111,

Please have some words,

Shahramt,

Thanks

Pay Stub & W-2 is proof of following.

1. You are currently working with the employer.
2. You are currently working in Same/Similar Profession
3. You are maintaing H1B Status
4. Employer is paying you the wages regularly
5. Employer is able to pay

Its okay to have current salary less then what mentioned in LC as long as Employer is able to pay.

shahramt said:
gp111,

One question. RFE asks for 2004 tax return records. I don't have a copy so I need to request one. There is a form "4506" for copy of tax return (39$, takes 60 days) and "4506-T" for transcript of tax return (free, takes 10 days". do you know which one I need to request?

matt30,

To be exact, they want to verify if the applicant is still employed or the job still being offered. Our company is about 15 people.

Shahram

does RFE asks for Certified Copy or Just Copy of return ?

If its just a copy then you can make a copy from your records (or get a copy from your accountant / H&R Block / Turbo Tax whatever you used for file return).. By the way YOU MUST KEEP last 3 return copies with you all the time.. Its law by IRS.

If the RFE asks for certified return copy then you have to contact IRS & pay fees ($39). You can request them to fax it which will be faster (about 2 weeks)..

I think to come to this forum gave me good luck.

Today I received an approval e-mail.
I didn't know that CSC is working on saturdays. In the e-mail today they wrote the approval date is 01/28/06.

Hope good news and good luck to everyone and get the same e-mail soon.

AP/EAD renewal

Hello GP111,
When to apply for the renewal of AP/EAD ? I mean prior to 6 month or 3 month ?

Thanks in advance,

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Hello GP111,
When to apply for the renewal of AP/EAD ? I mean prior to 6 month or 3 month ?

Thanks in advance,

Around before 3 months..

Two reasons.
1. Current processing at CSC shows 3 months for EAD (which is around a month in most cases in reality)

2. If for some reason you don't get EAD in 3 months, you can go to USCIS ASC & get an Interiam EAD.

shahramt said:
...There is a form "4506" for copy of tax return (39$, takes 60 days) and "4506-T" for transcript of tax return (free, takes 10 days".
I guess you can go to a local IRS office and they will issue you a copy of the tax return for free with IRS stamp on it. I haven't done it myself but know somebody who did it recently.

Did the early FP today. No LUD on 485s yet. Updated the sheet.

shahramt said:
Is namecheck a prerequisite for 485 processing or they are done in parallel?

Namecheck is required for I-485 approval. Its part of I-485 processing.

gp111 said:
Namecheck is required for I-485 approval. Its part of I-485 processing.

I guess I did not express my question properly.
My question is that if namecheck is not cleared, does CSC continue with other parts of the process or put a hold on everything untill namecheck is cleared and then opens the application.

shahramt said:
I guess I did not express my question properly.
My question is that if namecheck is not cleared, does CSC continue with other parts of the process or put a hold on everything untill namecheck is cleared and then opens the application.

No.. Namecheck does not stop any other process.

Question on AC21

We can change job with a six-month pending 485 and an approved 140. Is there any requirement (like certain min salary) for the new job? Should it be a full time job? Can somebody switch to school? Does the original employer have the right to cancel the green card process?

Could somebody please brief me on the process of getting a new job under above conditions (required docs to file AC21)?

Thanks