CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

tantan said:
We can change job with a six-month pending 485 and an approved 140. Is there any requirement (like certain min salary) for the new job? Should it be a full time job? Can somebody switch to school? Does the original employer have the right to cancel the green card process?

Could somebody please brief me on the process of getting a new job under above conditions (required docs to file AC21)?

Thanks

I believe the job duties must be similar to your current job and the salary must be at least what is stated in LC.

for ac21

1)Job must be "same or similar " to what was filed inyour labor
2)you can work at any location with a new emloyer
3)New job must be "full time permanent " offer
4)Itsgood to have salary atleast equal to LC (but this is not a strict requirement)

There is no official form to apply for ac21

you can send a cover letter informing the service center with copy of new offer letter , maybe a few pay stubs if required and so on

Things to think about
Old employer may revoke i 140 (even if its approved )
As per Yates memo the I485 SHOULD STILL BE VALID after 180 days of pending 485 and i 140 approval (even if revoked by employer), but sometimes I have seen adjudicators mistakenly denying 485(sending NOID) or transferring to local distict office for future adjudication

In theory after 180 days of 485 pending and i 140 approval everything should be smooth but these are the practical things to think about.

Thanks for all the replies on ac21.

Q1: can I work part time in a second job using my EAD while still employed full time in the current job (not that it's doable though!)

Q2: I was asked in a form that whether I am a US citizen or not. If not whether I am a permanent resident or on a visa. If permanent resident, what's the alien number. The question is should we choose permanent resident and provide the A# we got upon filing 485? My I-94 says my status is AOS (adjustment of status).

Had a LUD on 485 today, updated the XLsheet.

I-485
RD 4/8 ND 5/8
LUD
10/7 due to attorney inquiry regarding FP. Got the reply saying that the FP will be issued when the name check is cleared. No message change
1/31 The same day early FP was done, no message change
2/1 no message change

Hello everyone

Got 140 approved! moved to here to follow you gurus :)
Updated the xls tracker here.

Now the concerns for me are:
1. No LUD after my FP is done. My wife got LUD after that, none for me. Should I contact anyone for that?

2. How to know the process of name checking? Need I try to find out the status of my name checking, or just wait?

My PD is May 2005, so I am not in a hurry :mad:

I have same questions as tantan.
Also I am wondering if I need to renew my h1b for second 3 year, or just use EAD. Using EAD, can I work for second employer now? Can I work for some position that requires GC?

Thx.

brisk
tantan said:
Thanks for all the replies on ac21.

Q1: can I work part time in a second job using my EAD while still employed full time in the current job (not that it's doable though!)

Q2: I was asked in a form that whether I am a US citizen or not. If not whether I am a permanent resident or on a visa. If permanent resident, what's the alien number. The question is should we choose permanent resident and provide the A# we got upon filing 485? My I-94 says my status is AOS (adjustment of status).

Had a LUD on 485 today, updated the XLsheet.

I-485
RD 4/8 ND 5/8
LUD
10/7 due to attorney inquiry regarding FP. Got the reply saying that the FP will be issued when the name check is cleared. No message change
1/31 The same day early FP was done, no message change
2/1 no message change

briskzhang said:

1. No LUD after my FP is done. My wife got LUD after that, none for me. Should I contact anyone for that?

2. How to know the process of name checking? Need I try to find out the status of my name checking, or just wait?

Regarding LUD after FP, I did not get one also for two months after FP so there is nothing to worry.

briskzhang said:

>>> I would not count on the LUD because no one could really decipher how the LUD is triggered in their system, atleast consistently. But if you have any questions your should send an email to Mr. Williams @ CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

>>> I would say give it sometime, atleast 6months, before you enquire about it. Usually its taking anywhere from 3months to 3 years so your best bet is after 6months. Although mr. williams would ask you to enquire every 120 days.

>>> Good for you.

Any update?

I wish I was this lucky: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202594

I noticed that the attorney has sent copies of selected pages of my passport for 485 application. Am little bit nervous on that.

RD ND LUD
485 08/04 --- 08/05 -------- 10/07*, 01/31**, 02/01 --------

*: attorney enquiry regarding FP, no message change, got a reply that the FP will be issued as soon as namecheck is done
**: FP done, no message change

tantan said:
*: attorney enquiry regarding FP, no message change, got a reply that the FP will be issued as soon as namecheck is done

I wish this was true but I don't think this is the case. It seems to me that CSC changes the procedure of sending FP notices every day. in fact I remember people applying in Sep got their FP notices two weeks after their ND.

Updated the excel sheet with my RFE info

Moving into this forum

My I140 got approved. BTW, which is the correct spreadsheet??? Can we have just one with the same name please?? I've not updated my info yet.

update on 485
LUD 02-03-06 (message: CSC received the RFE on 3rd), 02-06-06

will update you if these LUDs end up to something.

what is your country of chargeability ?

shahramt said:
update on 485
LUD 02-03-06 (message: CSC received the RFE on 3rd), 02-06-06

will update you if these LUDs end up to something.

What happens first - namecheck or fingerprint review

gp111 said:
Namecheck is required for I-485 approval. Its part of I-485 processing.
What happens first - name check or fingerprint review? My fingerprint review is complete - does that mean that the name-check is also through?

heysanjeev said:
What happens first - name check or fingerprint review? My fingerprint review is complete - does that mean that the name-check is also through?

FP & Name Check has no connections with each other.

140/485 approved!

Just got two emails from USCIS that my 140 AND 485 are approved! :D Same day... I had no recent LUD on either case before today. Details below. :rolleyes:

Is there another step? Or I should expect the actual card in mail? :rolleyes:

Best wishes to all here... and thanks to all (specially gp111) who provided so much help. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CA EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
labor cert approved in Aug 2005
------- RD----------ND---------LUD------------AD----
140: 8/24/05-----8/26/05------8/26/05------02/06/06
485: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-----10/15/05----- 02/06/06
765: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------09/28/05
131: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------10/06/05