CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

gp111 said:
If 90 days have passed since the date of EAD application you can get Interim EADs for your self/spouse/kids

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm

Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days you may request an interim EAD document.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/interimeadhandling.html

Today we went to sfo USCIS office which was after 90 days passed from Reciept date, But they said since rfe was issued they will count another 90 days from the reply recieved date. (RFE reply was recived by them was March and so they asked us to come back in June)

mnhrdc said:
Today we went to sfo USCIS office which was after 90 days passed from Reciept date, But they said since rfe was issued they will count another 90 days from the reply recieved date. (RFE reply was recived by them was March and so they asked us to come back in June)

I don't think that SFO Office interpreted the rule properly. Why don't your try San Jose also. OR Ask your attorney to give you some letter or something which explains another 90 days wait is not required.

any comment?

Guys,

I received the following message today via e-mail. Now it takes 900 days????
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------I cannot but get amused by USCIS.

DocPC

EB2/RIR/CA/PD 10/03
131/765/485/140 ND 11/29/05
131 recevied early Feb.
765 wife received, mine pending at Local since April 5th. (God only knows qhat happened)
FP 4/20/05 mine done, Wife reschedule (Once again, god only knows)
140/485 transferred to TSC 3/23/06
485 will take 900 days??? 4/20/06

DocPC said:
Guys,

I received the following message today via e-mail. Now it takes 900 days????
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

They might as well say...."It is taking a lifetime for us to process this kind of case. If you have above average life expectancy, we might be able to deliver your Green Card on your death bed".

Case status email from USCIS

Hello Gurus,

I received an email with the following information

"On November 8, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I did fingerprinting in october 2005...

I called several times and infopassed to check about my fingerprinting results until two weeks before they said they didn't received any results. and now they sent me a email notification saying that it was done on Nov 8 2005??? Confusing.. :mad:

There was a LUD Change yesterday on both mine and my spouse 485 with message change only on mine and no message changes on my wife 485 only LUD changed.

What does this mean? Name Check? Background Check? FP? anything i can predict from this notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
shaaka said:
Hello Gurus,

"On November 8, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I called several times and infopassed to check about my fingerprinting results until two weeks before they said they didn't received any results. and now they sent me a email notification saying that it was done on Nov 8 2005??? Confusing.. :mad:

There was a LUD Change yesterday on both mine and my spouse 485 with message change only on mine and no message changes on my wife 485 only LUD changed.

What does this mean? Name Check? Background Check? FP? anything i can predict from this notice?

We also got same message on my spouse I-485 case. Her biometrics were done in Nov 2005. May be they are preparing cases that are becoming current in May 2006 ??

mnhrdc said:
If you have not recieved call the 1-800 number of the I-485 Reciept notice and get an FP/Bio metric done.
(The Reciept clear says if you have not recieved please call them obtain a appoiintment. At least this worked for my friend who was in your state)

I tried to call before few times and they told me to wait until i gte FP notice. But yesterday i tried again calliing the 1 800 number and i was scheduled for today and this morning i finished my biometrics. :)

shaaka said:
Hello Gurus,

What was the message change on your case??? Was there a LUD on your case before today's and does that match with your FP date or any date for that matter???
Ok this is my guess (a positive one :) ) , you got your FP done long time back, which is sent to FBI for background/Name check. The results must have been back, not necessarly now. As your PD is going to be current they are now updating all the cases which have all the requirements fulfilled and are preparing them for the final review. Once the visa date is available they will approve these 485 cases.
The above is 100% guess not even an iota of fact.

gp111 said:
I don't believe its true. IF LC is approved with requirements of BS+5Years, its very difficult for USCIS not to approve that case as EB-2 & conver it to EB-3, It not just USCIS's choice, they are also answerable to someone

OK. You're right it should be atleast 5 years after bachelor.
For example, USCIS does not allow you to file EB-2 if the job description
has Bachelor and 3 years eaperiences. As I know, USCIS used
to be a bit lenient on this a few years back. For example, same
job description could be filed for EB-2 four years ago but now it
can not be..

For san_user, the best option now is 1) keep the EB-3 140
2) file a new EB-2 making sure you keep your PD.
(You can file EB-2 and EB-3 simultaneously with same PD
as I heard from people)
(Unless USCIS made an error in your care and willing to fix it)

#2 assumes your company willing to do it with possibly
better and proper job descriptions.

maninus said:
The new CSC I-485's processing date is 10/15/2005.

link

Thanks!

A big relief to see 485 times back on the CSC list ... and the processing date is now way past my RD, so the key is background check. Wonder what is going on there :-(

lifeislife said:
A big relief to see 485 times back on the CSC list ... and the processing date is now way past my RD, so the key is background check. Wonder what is going on there :-(
I see two groups of people: people whose namecheck is cleared within couple months past RD, and people whose namecheck is not getting cleared even after 6 months. Since USCIS is not responsive about the later one, what are the options to expedite this process? Contacting congressman can be an option I've heard. But is there any other way to accelerate this. Is there a phone number, a person in FBI whom we can write?

I-485: RD 04/08 ND 05/08 pending namecheck

Finally!

Hi guys,

We got our 485 approval notices last Friday and on Saturday we got the Green Cards in the mail!! Gee - I don't know how to react, don't know what's next but just wanted to post here so all of you know. Wish you all, the best from my side

LUD's on app - no message

Signature is updated, but there is not much to say ... LUD on both apps, but no message.

Strange thing is that LUD is 4/22 - which is a Saturday. Go figure! :)

lifeislife said:
Signature is updated, but there is not much to say ... LUD on both apps, but no message.

Strange thing is that LUD is 4/22 - which is a Saturday. Go figure! :)

CSC people work on saturdays so nothing strage about that

FBI securtiy cleared but stuck in Detailed review

One of my colleague got the following email message when he sent an email to check on the I-485 status.

Yes, the FBI background security check has cleared on both cases.
However, one or both of these cases have been selected for more
Detailed review and investigation. This process will take longer than normal for
processing. Should the Service discover information requiring further
review and verification, the petitioner or applicant will be contacted
to provide additional information. We will make every effort to
complete
this application as soon as possible.

What does it mean by deatailed review and investigation? According to the officers response his FBI security check got cleared for him and his wife than what is detailed review and investigation for.

Anyone want to throw some light on this.

thanks

EB1, 140/485 filed concurrently in July 2005

Hi everyone,

I had applied for my 140 and 485 simulataneously July 2005 under EB1 (multi-national executive)

I-140 got approved on 03/07/06 after answering to an RFE.

Immediately got FP notice on 11th and completed FP's on 30th March 2006.

LUD on 1st April 2006 (most likely after receiving finger-prints)
Since then no update/news on our cases.

Our PD is July 2005 and according to the May 2006 bulletin it looks like my date will be current at that time.

My question is:

Should I email USCIS or wait till May 1st week to check the status?
How close am I to having my case processed?

Thanks in advanced.
-D

Please give info

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and need some help getting information.
I am sorry if info to my questions is already in the forum.
I would really appreciate the help, pointers to location where I can get this info.

My I-485 was applied June 2005.
FP was done Nov 2005

I have not seen any LUD, emails etc since the day of my application.
I have got my EAD and AP. but still the LUD is from the time of my application and all it says in the status is that it takes around 300 days to process this type of application.

I can see that the I-485 date is oct 2005 now so what should I do?
This is past my application date(june 2005) but I have not heard anything.

- Is there a email or ph. no. that I should call to get info?
what should be the format of the email? Any sample example would really help.
What kind of info do I need to provide?

What are my options at this point?
I am really feeling nervous so please help.

Thanks.

FP notice

My case got transferred to San Jose local office on Apr-08. Today, I got FP notice from SanJose office. Have not got any interview notice yet. I hope I won't have to go to the whole interview thing. If I do, I wonder if it's worth to pay my lawyer to come with me to the interview (She charges $100/hour)

GP111, do you have any idea how long FP result will be sent to USCIS after they take your FP at ASC?

Thanks