CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Perm_faq:

Thanks for the clarification. I totally understand what you are saying but my lawyer has a different opinion and my company will follow the my Lawyers advice, they are not willing to renew the H1B beacuse I have an EAD. Can you post the link at Murthy or direct me to the information which you posted. I will let my lawyer have a look at it.

Thanks

rajrw:

I think you have missed this one ...see below.... from dkgdkg. His case notice date is in 2nd week of August. And he got approval. As I have been saying every time, CSC did not STOP the processing. They are slowed down quite a bit. Probably 20/30 i140s per month kind of thing, adding to that they are picking applications very random... leaving us in dark.... and letting us out of any guess. I or any of us know for sure the reason of why they are slow. Slight guess may be due to holiday season and they are now ... going through post holiday sickness (LOL). Damn it!

My understanding is that, they are now working on some where in the middle of August Cases. There are tons of things to complain. But how? As I said, if they do the same thing for another month or so, exceeding 6 months limit, then I guess, big guns jumps on to it and start revamping the whole process!
All we can do is, waiting, waiting .... and waiting!!!

================================================== ====

-----------
EB-2 RIR CSC
I-140/485/131/765 - RD:15-Aug-2005 ND:17-Aug-2005 --- PD: 08/12/2002 LC Approved: July 2005
I-140 AD:17-Oct-2005. Notice received with requested correction: 17-Nov-2005.
Interrim EAD received: 18-Nov-2005
Actual EAD received in mail: 28-Nov-2005.
Advance Parole AD: 21-Nov-2005.
Still waiting for FP Notice.
-----------

================================================== ====

rajrw said:
Is their any known reason for why CSC stopped processing the I-140. July 29th had been stuck for the last 7 processing time updates. Any ideas when will it start moving again.

My guess is they will start from Feb 1st, which will be 6 months for an Aug 1st application.

You are welcome.

Why don't you search [either in google or muthy's search button] with the "key words" that I had posted for you. I think thats the best thing! otherwise let me know if you want the webpage link from me?

gc123_quest said:
Perm_faq:

Thanks for the clarification. I totally understand what you are saying but my lawyer has a different opinion and my company will follow the my Lawyers advice, they are not willing to renew the H1B beacuse I have an EAD. Can you post the link at Murthy or direct me to the information which you posted. I will let my lawyer have a look at it.

Thanks

Thanks Endeavour2003.

So baiscally there is nothing for me to sign.

right?

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi vsaxena,

I am very happy to note that you have cleared your labor ( following you from DBEC ). Although everybody is in more or less the same boat but it still felt sad to see someone from mid 2002 still stuck in labor. Congrats!!!

The I-140 will be filed on your behalf by the employer but you would need to provide the following for the filing.

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience required)
3. Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

I-140 filing would not need your signatures.

Hi vsaxena,

That's correct. I-140 filing would not need your signatures.

vsaxena said:
Thanks Endeavour2003.

So baiscally there is nothing for me to sign.

right?

I-140 receipt notice delay

Hi abu2003,

My Lawyer mentioned that they have spoken to the CSC recently in this regard. CSC has confirmed that is has received the application but there has been a delay in putting the application into the system. Hope to get it within the next one week.

Till then I will roam around around like a Headless Man. :mad:

abu2003 said:
Endeavour,
Are you still wating for your I-140 receipt. What is taking so long?

I see. Actually, I have'nt received my receipt notice yet. I applied on Dec 23rd. My lawyer says that he has addressed the application to the "Supervisor" because I am using Cross chargeability. Therefore, it will take longer than usual to get a receipt. Will post it here once I receive my receipt number.
Hope you get your receipt number soon.

abu2003

gp111 said:

Hey GP,

The 140 date has moved to Aug 3rd - aren't you planning to do a follow up with those guys as it's past your date now!!

Also a quick question - if 140 and 485 havebeen filed together and its been 6 months already - obviously without 140 approval -how does portability work? Or is it relevant only iff 140 is approved and 6 months passed?

nother1inline said:
Hey GP,

The 140 date has moved to Aug 3rd - aren't you planning to do a follow up with those guys as it's past your date now!!

Also a quick question - if 140 and 485 havebeen filed together and its been 6 months already - obviously without 140 approval -how does portability work? Or is it relevant only iff 140 is approved and 6 months passed?

Nop.. CSC EB-2 I-140 date is still July 29 2005..

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

EB-3 has moved to Aug 03, 2005 not EB-2

I am seeing couple of LUDs on my I-140 for last week but no message change

nother1inline:

Here is my response to your querry regarding "portability" or "AC21". Let me know if it makes sense for you. Okaay!

- As per AC21 law: 180 days tick starts right from the date of filing the I485 (AOS) petition (from Notice date, not FedEx mailing date). That means, status of I140 (approval/pending) is irrelevant for 180 day counter. (--> This answers last part of your querry)

If I140 is approved, say in a month or so, then you don't need to wait for 180 days, you can switch right after 140 approval. If it is the other way around (180-days exhausted, still I140 pending), you have to wait for I140 approval, no matter of 180 days, 200 days, 300 days ... whatever. (--> This answers your main querry)

:cool:

nother1inline said:
Hey GP,

Waiting_LC_GC:

- Priority date is printed on the receipt from DOL/ETA once they acknowledges your LC application. Its not the filing date or any thing.
- Visa dates movement doesnot guarantee the order of processing, as you mentioned. This date (say cut-off date) only allows for some one to file their 485 petition.

Hope you understood the point. Let me know!

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Your PD is 9/23/2002. is this date is date of filling your LC at SWA ?
Also, per Visa dates moves to 01/08/01. Does it means they will process I-485 upto 07/31/2001 at some good speed...
Thanks,

Hey GP,

I am planing to use AP(Advance Parole) for travelling. Along with AP doc what are all the other docs that I need to make sure to keep with me other than passport. Please advise.

Thanks,

-UIGC

perm_faq said:
nother1inline:

Here is my response to your querry regarding "portability" or "AC21". Let me know if it makes sense for you. Okaay!

- As per AC21 law: 180 days tick starts right from the date of filing the I485 (AOS) petition (from Notice date, not FedEx mailing date). That means, status of I140 (approval/pending) is irrelevant for 180 day counter. (--> This answers last part of your querry)

If I140 is approved, say in a month or so, then you don't need to wait for 180 days, you can switch right after 140 approval. If it is the other way around (180-days exhausted, still I140 pending), you have to wait for I140 approval, no matter of 180 days, 200 days, 300 days ... whatever. (--> This answers your main querry)

:cool:

No. As per recent USCIS Memo, AC-21 can be utilized in some cases without I-140 approval also.

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Your PD is 9/23/2002. is this date is date of filling your LC at SWA ?

Yes. for Employment based cases (which requires LC), PD is the date LC is received at SWA/local office (for Perm it will be Perm Service Center)

Also, per Visa dates moves to 01/08/01. Does it means they will process I-485 upto 07/31/2001 at some good speed...

Speed will not increase, but if process is done cases with PDs earlier then 08/01/01 (for India Borns) will be able to get their approval, & folks who have not filed I-485/EAD/AP (with PD earlier then 08/01/01 India) will be able to file that.

Thanks,

UIGC said:
Hey GP,

I am planing to use AP(Advance Parole) for travelling. Along with AP doc what are all the other docs that I need to make sure to keep with me other than passport. Please advise.

Thanks,

-UIGC

Valid Passport, AP, Copy of Receipt of I-485

& recent Pay Stub (not required but just to be sure)

Hi gp111,

I remember reading this before. It says if the I140 is approvable, then it is fine. Can you please point to the link/document describing this.

If you had LUDS last week, means CSC must be processing the 140's. Good luck to all of us.

Raj.

gp111 said:
No. As per recent USCIS Memo, AC-21 can be utilized in some cases without I-140 approval also.

gp111 said:

Hi gp111,
Do you have a link to this recent memo or something similar to substantiate the fact that you can use AC21 even without I140 approval? Would greatly appreciate a response. Thanks!