CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

AP Approved

Got an email from the Website informing about the I-131 approval. Have updated the info in the spreadsheet.

Thank you Pklam

pklam said:
Yes he can still file for EB-2 till OCT 1st. You should be getting EAD, AP but don't know how long will it take for I140 to get approved. The dates are stuck at May 01 although i read in other forums about people getting RFE's. Hopefully we all get our 140's approved in 3 mo's.
Yes, we have to wait for 485 till the dates become current. :( :(

I recd. an email from USCIS that my Travel doc is approved and sent for both me and and my spouse. Wonder what use it is of if there's no EAD!!

Updated resume for I140?

No one is answering my question. :((
:confused:

I'm filling my I140. My attorney asks for my updated resume. I read some where like.... not to give updated one, it should be the old one that attorney used to file my labor. Please suggest me?

State: CA
Type: RIR
Cat: EB3

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:
Did anyone trying calling service center (1-800-375-5283) & schedule FP/Biometrics Appointment evenif the I-485 receipt does not mention about it ?
Looks like cases received after 8/15 has the information about scheduling of FP - (attached sample of it). Cases like me (received before 8/15) does not have any instructions about FP.

Attached snapshot is taken from one of the case receipt with RD of 8/19.

Did any of those whose receipts don't have FP/biometric instruction try
calling service center and schedule an appointment? Have any of you been
advised by an attorney to make an appointment even though not instructed
in the receipts?

Do we need any additional info other than the A# to schedule such
appointment? Is there any other piece of info in those receipts with biometric
instruction, which makes the applicant eligible to make the phone call?

Of those who have gone through these FP/biometric, was it all the fingers?
Was it for security/FBI name check? Does your FBI name check clock
start ticking by taking the biometric?

Please share your ideas/info... Thanks

hdotcom said:
No one is answering my question. :((
:confused:

I'm filling my I140. My attorney asks for my updated resume. I read some where like.... not to give updated one, it should be the old one that attorney used to file my labor. Please suggest me?

State: CA
Type: RIR
Cat: EB3

Thanks.

Nothing tricky about it. Resume is not a key document in the application. Send out the one that matches all the claims in your labor application (ETA750 or 9089 for PERM) in terms of timing, places you've been working and ... The updated one is ok as long as it matches the old one. I assume you are working for the same company that filed your labor. Hope that helps.

I got my I-131 Approved yesterday. Also I had my FP based on I485 receipt. At ASC they expect a FP notice. It took time for them to make sure they can process using Receipt. Latter I explained them it is a new process and It is mentioned in the receipt. After reading it he agreed to do it. It took 5 mins to complete the process. (FP, Signature and Photo was take).
For those without FP info on Receipt have an appointment be prepeard to explain them if they ask for FP notice.
They expect Original Receipt

Hi GC4Allu,
Did they take finger prints for all the 10 fingers or just one finger. I heard for Biometrics Code 2, it is for just one finger and for code 3, it is for all the ten figures.
Raj.

GC4Allu said:
I got my I-131 Approved yesterday. Also I had my FP based on I485 receipt. At ASC they expect a FP notice. It took time for them to make sure they can process using Receipt. Latter I explained them it is a new process and It is mentioned in the receipt. After reading it he agreed to do it. It took 5 mins to complete the process. (FP, Signature and Photo was take).
For those without FP info on Receipt have an appointment be prepeard to explain them if they ask for FP notice.
They expect Original Receipt

FBI name check anyone and miscellaneous questions ?

1. Did anyone send mail to FBI ? any responses ? Any msg in 485 regarding name chcek ?

2. Really stupid question but, why bother with FP when retro is 2-3 yrs and FP expires in 18 months ?

3. Did anyone find out cases status from CSCXII.485 ?

GP111 , LUDs keep on changing, but dont know why. Msg dont change. Did you find out anything my friend ?

Ac-21

Probably a bit early for the group here but does anyone have a clear understanding of AC-21? I believe one can switch to a 'similar' job if the I-485 app has not been adjudicated for 180 days AND I-140 is approved.

Can an employer withdraw the I-140 application or do they lose control on the I-140 application after 180 days of applying for the I-485 based on the portability law?

Any ideas? Thanks.

I rescheduled the FP appointment to Sep 16th earlier this week.

At the ASC some of the staff knew about the FP on the notice ( ie no appointment letter),some did not . Once it was explained it was pretty smooth sailing.

They took the FP of the right index finger, photo and signature.
The expect original notice as they have to stamp and sign on it.

Has anyone seen LUD after FP . My LUD has not changed.

Updated Excel

nsk77 said:
I rescheduled the FP appointment to Sep 16th earlier this week.

At the ASC some of the staff knew about the FP on the notice ( ie no appointment letter),some did not . Once it was explained it was pretty smooth sailing.

They took the FP of the right index finger, photo and signature.
The expect original notice as they have to stamp and sign on it.

Has anyone seen LUD after FP . My LUD has not changed.

Can you please use the most updated xl spreadsheet to put in your information. The one you have used does not have Ray.s, rajr2, and my info.

Biometrics!!

Even though my appointment is on OCT21st, i wanted to get it done so that the things needed from my part will be over. I came to know that the Application support centers are open on saturdays also and visited today.
The person at the entrance is extremely strict & rude about having the appointment letter and did not want to do anything with me when i tried to explain to him that all i have is the confirmation number. I had to talk to the manager and took me about 30 mins to explain the stuff as they were unaware about this and finally agreed to let me in. The whole Biometrics took about 10 mins. It includes taking prints of all the 10 fingers, a photo and signature.

pklam said:
Even though my appointment is on OCT21st, i wanted to get it done so that the things needed from my part will be over. I came to know that the Application support centers are open on saturdays also and visited today.
The person at the entrance is extremely strict & rude about having the appointment letter and did not want to do anything with me when i tried to explain to him that all i have is the confirmation number. I had to talk to the manager and took me about 30 mins to explain the stuff as they were unaware about this and finally agreed to let me in. The whole Biometrics took about 10 mins. It includes taking prints of all the 10 fingers, a photo and signature.

Has any one else gone through the biometrics? For me they took only fingerprints of the index finger, photo and signature.
GC4Allu what did you have done?

I guess my question wasn't clear. I'm wondering if an employer can withdraw an 'APPROVED' I-140 'AND' the I-485 has been pending for 180 days. (which is the criteria under which you can apply for the AC-21)

For me they took print of right index finger only, Also signature and photo. After FP I see a LUD on my I485 no change in the message no email. Is this happned to other who had their biometrics?

db9 said:
I guess my question wasn't clear. I'm wondering if an employer can withdraw an 'APPROVED' I-140 'AND' the I-485 has been pending for 180 days. (which is the criteria under which you can apply for the AC-21)

Yes Employer can withdraw Approved I-140 at any time ( even after you use AC-21) but it will not affect you as long as you have filed AC-21 (change of sponser to new company). The original company can withdraw I-140 & use the LC to file it for a new employee (Substitution).

You can use AC-21 after 180 days of 485 filing date & approved I-140.

gp111 said:
Yes Employer can withdraw Approved I-140 at any time ( even after you use AC-21) but it will not affect you as long as you have filed AC-21 (change of sponser to new company). The original company can withdraw I-140 & use the LC to file it for a new employee (Substitution).

You can use AC-21 after 180 days of 485 filing date & approved I-140.
After approved I140, 180 days and if AC21 is invoked , I140 cannot be withdrawn or revoked by an employer. One of my friend's employer tried to withdraw an approved I140, but couldn't do so. If I140 cannot be withdrawn then def underlying labor cannot be used for subsitution.