CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Ray S. said:
I need to setup my fingerprint appt. can I have it setup in Chicago though my case is from California? Please lemme know how the FP works?
if you are talking about I485 biometric appointment as stated in the I485 receipt notice then you will have to give your zipcode to CSR, then she/he will let you know the nearest location and schedule ur appointment for your convenient date.

Hi,
Its been a while since we saw EAD/AP approvals. Hope they didnt stop processing them.
Raj.

gp111 said:
Yep... No Hops of GC for atleast few years :(

BTW, did anyone saw any LUD change on I-140/485 ? My I-140 LUD changed couple of times recently (last LUD is today).. Also my wife's I-485 LUD changed two time.. Wonder whats happening.

No LUD on any of my files so far... ND: 08/04

Questions

Hi folks,

Not sure if these questions have been answered:

1. Can I take a fax copy of the receipts for the FP appt. or does it have to be the original receipt?
2. None of the forms explicitly have the 'Priority Date' field filled in. Is this a problem?
3. My I-131 has my name spelt incorrectly in the field which displays the lawyer's info (right below the 'Notice Date' field).
eg.
Lawyer name... <blah>...
RE: <My name spelt incorrectly>
However, it is spelt correctly in the 'Applicant' field. Is this a problem?

Thanks,

DB

hi gp111,

Good thing is atlast we see some action on June cases (Rfes and approvals).
if you saw lud's on 140, I guess they are working on ur case.

GC4Allu, Good luck and plz do update on how your biometrics went.

Raj.

I-140 & I-485 together -- Question. Please answer

Hi GP111 or any experts,
My Attorney is about to file I-140,I-485,EAD,AP etc. together. Still he can file these before Oct.1st right? In that case, I will get EAD,AP, I-140 in 3 months and need to wait for I-485 till Priority date becomes current. Please confirm this.

EAD Approved

Just received the email notification from CSC webiste that EAD has been approved for both my wife and me.

cavenkat said:
Hi GP111 or any experts,
My Attorney is about to file I-140,I-485,EAD,AP etc. together. Still he can file these before Oct.1st right? In that case, I will get EAD,AP, I-140 in 3 months and need to wait for I-485 till Priority date becomes current. Please confirm this.

Yes he can still file for EB-2 till OCT 1st. You should be getting EAD, AP but don't know how long will it take for I140 to get approved. The dates are stuck at May 01 although i read in other forums about people getting RFE's. Hopefully we all get our 140's approved in 3 mo's.
Yes, we have to wait for 485 till the dates become current. :( :(

slowdown

Have you noticed that there has been no news of EAD/AP approvals this week and the last. The last burst of approvals were on 31st Aug.

nother1inline said:
I hope not dude. Given my dates, I'm hoping for some news in a week or 2 :)

Edit: I just saw pklam's mail. Congrats pklam. Would like to know if othersare getting EAD approvals as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray S. said:
Is it true that once you opt to get employed on EAD you cannot get back to H1-B status?

Good question.

Don't know the exact answer.

I guess once you switch to EAD (by getting hired using the card), you
can always apply for H-1B at any time and switch back to visa. What I
don't know is that whether you have to leave the country to re-apply
for H-1B or not? or that applies only to those nationalities with single
entry H-1B visa?

Any comment?

Ray S. said:
Is it true that once you opt to get employed on EAD you cannot get back to H1-B status?

Once you opt to be employed on EAD then you cannot switch back to H1, and you can travel based on AP only, not H1 (obviously)

Case status says RFE on I140 !

I just checked case status for I140. They have mail a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.

Any guess what would be this RFE ?

Few more questions:
Having these dates retrogressed, how long we may have to wait for final GC?
How long FP is valid?
How long Medical Exam report is valid?
After getting I140 approved and EAD approved, If I want to change job after 3 months, does that job profile need to be same as current job profile?

Please comment.

Thanks

dkgdkg said:
I just checked case status for I140. They have mail a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.

Any guess what would be this RFE ?

Few more questions:
Having these dates retrogressed, how long we may have to wait for final GC?
How long FP is valid?
How long Medical Exam report is valid?
After getting I140 approved and EAD approved, If I want to change job after 3 months, does that job profile need to be same as current job profile?

Please comment.

Thanks

Folks, please update the excell sheet with the RFEs on I-140...