CrossHairs has become a US Citizen

CrossHairs

Registered Users (C)
Oath completed and US citizen now :)
Thanks to this forum for support, I'll be around, dont worry. My wife is still waiting for oath letter, and I'm sure I'll hang out here for a long time for one thing or another, and importantly just to be friends with ya'll :)
--------------------------------------------

Question:
Interestingly, I signed the photo with my "full name in cursive", but the Director of USCIS at Seattle tells me to sign the Naturalization certificate like my bank check even though it wont match my photo "full name in cursive".

She said we can go home and do it, so I have not signed it yet. Can I "ignore" her suggestion and just match it with my photograph just to be sure. Provide your input. I'll sign it sometime later.

I would suggest to sign the same way you signed the photo. Everybody knows that you sign the pictures in front of the IO, so if you sign the certificate the same way it is a pretty good guarantee that the same person signed the picture and the certificate. If you sign your regular "bank" signature they won't match and somebody might become suspicious. Put it another way, it is like you go with your credit card to purchase something and you sign your receipt with a completely different signature than the one on the credit card. I guess the store clerk would be very suspicious of it.

It might work fine both ways, but I think it is better to match the signature on the photo.

By the way, congratulations! :) I got caught up on answering your question and almost forgot to congratulate you. Welcome to the flock.

Huracan,
Thank you, Sir. You are one of the best out here!

Interestingly, there were 31 countries from just like 66 candidates. That can be some sort of record :) for diversity in naturalization and shows the diversity of the city ( I hope :) )

31 with just 66 folks!!!

Huracan,
PS: I do agree with your reasoning. I think signature to match photo may be better.

Other folks of this forum: any other input on my question.

Congratulations,

I signed it like a check, because of consistancy. Next thing to sign is the passport and there isn't enough space on the picture to sign it in any proper way.

If I am ever asked if I signed the picture, I'd say "yes", if I am asked "is that your signature", I'd say "no".

Congratulations.... CrossHairs.- Now you can call yourself an american not only of spirit but with full fledged papers to prove it.-

Have fun and don't forget us, the little people.
:D:D:D

Oath completed and US citizen now :)
Thanks to this forum for support, I'll be around, dont worry. My wife is still waiting for oath letter, and I'm sure I'll hang out here for a long time for one thing or another, and importantly just to be friends with ya'll :)
--------------------------------------------

Question:
Interestingly, I signed the photo with my "full name in cursive", but the Director of USCIS at Seattle tells me to sign the Naturalization certificate like my bank check even though it wont match my photo "full name in cursive".

She said we can go home and do it, so I have not signed it yet. Can I "ignore" her suggestion and just match it with my photograph just to be sure. Provide your input. I'll sign it sometime later.

What, you just applied yesterday. How did you get it so fast. :D J.K.
Congrats. This is cool.
I think you should sign it they way to signed you photos as other have said it, why are you not listening?

Good Luck. I know you mentioned somewhere else about passport processing but could you share that as well.

Peace

MartinAub, rick92 and Nimche,
Thank you :)

Nimche: i dont have any data on passport processing. Just what is seen in this thread:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=281782

By the way, the BIGGEST feeling by far after the oath is RELIEF!!!
Happiness etc will sink in slowly. I feel relief!

USCIS should make a drink called "Citizenship" and start selling it so we can all celebrate. Not necessarley alcoholic beverage but it could be as simple as sparkling water.

I know it is a very good feeling, I can not wait to be in that position.

Vorpal, Triple Citizen, baraider and Bobsmyth:

Thank you very much. It is your support and support of other forum members here that helped me survive the anxiety of this journey.

Congratulations CrossHairs!!

I just want to confirm the list of documents to take to the oath ceremony:
1. N445 that they gave you after interview(oath letter)
2. green card

Anything else? Pls let me know.

VivaLasVegas: Thanx :)

seattleliter: thanx and yes, though take ur passport also. they mostly wont ask, but just.