CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

jyotsnar said:
Dear Visaapplicant,

Thank you. The I-130 approval is just the first step in the arduous immigrant visa application process.

That is very true. Vermont Svc Center seems to have become slow and inconsistent in I130 processing. With receipt date of Feb 16, 06, I have still not heard anything. They have processed I130 for some of the other applicants with similar receipt date.

jyotsnar said:
Anyway, to answer your questions, I sent my I-130 application to the Nebraska Service Center on Feb 22nd, 06. It was forwarded to the California Service Center, and I received a receipt from them on March 18th, with a receipt date of March 12th. I received the approval notice on May 26th, with an approval date of May 18th. I just received the AOS bill and DS 3032 from the NVC yesterday (June 26).

Hope this helps,
Jyotsna

Thanks very much for the information. One more question, is barcode printed on DS 3032 form?

Thanks.

Question for Jenimmi

Hi Jenimmi,
Have you received the DS-3032 and the AOS fee bill yet? In my case, it was supposed to have been sent by the NVC on June 19th, but I haven't received it and am beginning to worry. Your timeline indicated that yours was sent on June 19th as well, so I was wondering if you had received it. Thanks.

visaapplicant said:
That is very true. Vermont Svc Center seems to have become slow and inconsistent in I130 processing. With receipt date of Feb 16, 06, I have still not heard anything. They have processed I130 for some of the other applicants with similar receipt date.

Thanks very much for the information. One more question, is barcode printed on DS 3032 form?

Thanks.

Yes, the barcode is printed on the DS 3032, and it can be sent to the beneficiary (my mother in my case). I made a copy of the form, and mailed the original to my mother for her to sign and send to the NVC.

-Jyotsna

jyotsnar said:
Yes, the barcode is printed on the DS 3032, and it can be sent to the beneficiary (my mother in my case). I made a copy of the form, and mailed the original to my mother for her to sign and send to the NVC.

-Jyotsna

Thanks for the information. Please keep posted with the progress on the case.

I got mine yesterday as well. My wife is here visiting, so I got her to sign the DS-3032 and I sent back both (DS-3032 and AOS fee bill) yesterday.

An update

azguy and others:

After I sent the DS-3032 and the Aff of Support Fee bill back to NVC, I expected to get the Aff of Support form mailed to me, as the next step. Instead, when I called the NVC for case status, the auto msg says :
"the Immigrant Visa Fee bill was generated on July 17 and will be sent to the Agent".

As per Jaise's update earlier, he got the Aff of support form before the IV fee bill. Anybody got the IV fee bill ahead of the Aff of support form?
For the past few days, getting to talk to a rep at NVC has been very difficult, in fact impossible. Whenever I call, it says agents are busy and asks to try another time and forces it's "good bye" on me.

jenimmi said:
azguy and others:

After I sent the DS-3032 and the Aff of Support Fee bill back to NVC, I expected to get the Aff of Support form mailed to me, as the next step. Instead, when I called the NVC for case status, the auto msg says :
"the Immigrant Visa Fee bill was generated on July 17 and will be sent to the Agent".

As per Jaise's update earlier, he got the Aff of support form before the IV fee bill. Anybody got the IV fee bill ahead of the Aff of support form?
For the past few days, getting to talk to a rep at NVC has been very difficult, in fact impossible. Whenever I call, it says agents are busy and asks to try another time and forces it's "good bye" on me.

Jenimmi,

As far as I know there are 2 parallel tracks

1. DS-3032 -> IV fee bill -> DS 230 part I
2. Aff of support fee bill -> I-864

It just depends in what order DS-3032 and Aff supp fee were received, logged into their system and next step was triggered. You may receive IV fee bill before I-864 or vice versa.

Good to see that things are moving along on your application.

Jenimmi,

I was wondering about the Affadavit of Support form too. I have not received it so far. I did receive the IV fee bill yesterday. I think visaapplicant is right about the two parallel tracks. However, it's been three weeks since I sent the AOS fee to the St. Louis location and so far there has been no acknowledgement in the NVC automated system about having received it. I am planning to call them later this week, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks azguy, VisaApp.

I too hadn't heard an acknowledgement for receipt of the Aff of Supp fee, but it acknowledged when the DS-3032 was received. That's why I was trying to get in touch with a NVC agent to confirm recipt of the Aff of Supp fee.

Just now, I got off the phone with NVC and got confirmation that :
1. The Aff of Supp form (I-864) was sent to me the week of July 10th and
2. The IV Fee bill for $380 will be sent to me week of July 17th (this week).

The agent asked to send only photocopies of docs :
Pay stub
Letter from employer
2005 Tax transcript (One year only)
W2
Confirmed no need to notarize I-864 any more.

Anyway, I would have to wait and see the instructions on the I-864 package which I hope to receive by end of this week.

jenimmi said:
Thanks azguy, VisaApp.

I too hadn't heard an acknowledgement for receipt of the Aff of Supp fee, but it acknowledged when the DS-3032 was received. That's why I was trying to get in touch with a NVC agent to confirm recipt of the Aff of Supp fee.

Just now, I got off the phone with NVC and got confirmation that :
1. The Aff of Supp form (I-864) was sent to me the week of July 10th and
2. The IV Fee bill for $380 will be sent to me week of July 17th (this week).

The agent asked to send only photocopies of docs :
Pay stub
Letter from employer
2005 Tax transcript (One year only)
W2
Confirmed no need to notarize I-864 any more.

Anyway, I would have to wait and see the instructions on the I-864 package which I hope to receive by end of this week.

The time line of my application is similar to yours. The reason for your not having heard the AOS fee receipt in the automated system is the quick succession in which NVC received your fee and the DS 3032 form. They must have received the DS 3032 before they updated their automated system, which is why you heard only the last update. My AOS fee was received by NVC on July 3rd, and they updated it a few days later, but the DS 3032 was received only on the 15th, so the message system then said that only the DS 3032 form was received. Now the system says, 'the IV fee bill letter was generated on July 17th, and will be sent to the agent', which is the same message that you heard.

Thanks for the info about the I-864 documentation.

-Jyotsna

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jyotsna.

Azguy, jyotsna - can we all update our timelines here? It would help to track our cases. My entire timeline is on the first post of this thread.
And what are your Consulates?

Here is my updated timeline:

Service center - CSC
Consulate - Chennai
I-130 Receipt Date - Feb 18 2004
I-130 approved - Apr 21 2005
case entered in NVC system - May 12 2005

USC oath date - May 26 2006
Informed NVC about becoming USC - May 26 2006
case upgraded to IR1 - Jun 19 2006

DS-3032 & Aff of Support Fee bill sent by NVC - Jun 19 2006
DS-3032 & Fee bill received by me - Jun 28 2006

AS Fee bill sent back to NVC @ MO - Jun 28 2006
AS Fee bill received by NVC @ MO (as per mail tracking) - Jun 30 2006

DS-3032 sent back to NVC @ NH - Jun 28 2006
DS-3032 received by NVC @ NH - Jul 5 2006

IV Fee Bill generated on - Jul 10 2006
IV Fee Bill received by me - Jul 17 2006
IV Fee bill sent back to NVC @ MO - Jul 17 2006

Here is my time line for GC/CP application for my mother:

Mailed I-130 to NSC - Feb 22, 06
I-130 forwarded to CSC with receipt date - Mar 12, 06
I-130 approved - May 18, 06
I-130 approval received by me - May 25, 06

AOS fee bill and DS-3032 received from NVC - Jun 26, 06
AOS fee sent - Jun 27, 06
DS-3032 sent to my mother -Jun 27, 06

AOS fee received by NVC - Jul 3, 06
DS-3032 received by NVC - Jul 15, 06

IV fee letter generated by NVC - Jul 17, 06
I-864 package received from NVC - Jul 20, 06

I-864 with supporting docs sent to NVC - Jul 24, 06

IV fee bill received from NVC - Jul 25, 06
IV fee for $380 sent to NVC - Jul 26, 06

I-864 package received by NVC - Jul 27, 06
IV fee received by NVC - Aug 3, 06

DS-230 Part I received from NVC - Aug 11, 06
DS-230 Part I mailed to NVC - Aug 14, 06
DS-230 Part I received by NVC - Aug 17, 06

Erroneous letter sent by NVC for DS-230 - Aug 19, 06

Case completed - Sep 12, 06
Case transferred to Chennai - Sep 20, 06

Interview packet received - Oct 7, 06

Medical exam done - Nov 2, 06

Documents sent via VFS - Nov 15, 06

Interview - Nov 27, 06

Last edited by a moderator:
jenimmi said:
Thanks, azguy and Jyotsna.
Jyo - Are your parents consulate chennai too?
Yes, I am applying only for my mother, and her Consulate is hopefully Chennai (she is in Bangalore, so Hyderabad is equally close). I asked for Chennai, but I don't know where they will decide to have the processing done.

By the way, this evening, I received the I-864 forms from NVC.

jyotsnar said:
Yes, I am applying only for my mother, and her Consulate is hopefully Chennai (she is in Bangalore, so Hyderabad is equally close). I asked for Chennai, but I don't know where they will decide to have the processing done.

By the way, this evening, I received the I-864 forms from NVC.
Jenimmi,

I just noticed in my I-864 packet that the consulate mentioned is indeed Chennai.

-Jyotsna

Jyotsna -

I got the I-864 package too, today. Azguy, did you get yours?

Did you notice that while the instructions on the "Petitioner Packet" - (the one with the blue statue of liberty stamp) asks to send the tax return from the most recent tax year (i.e. 2005),
the instructions for I-864 "Evidence of Income" - on Pg.2 of instruction and "Checklist" -on Pg.3 of instruction asks for the most recent 3 tax years?

Pg.6 still has provision for notary info and signature, whereas the rep at NVC said no need to notarize the signature on I-864. What are you guys planning to do?

Jenimmi and Jyotsna,

I got the I-864 package yesterday also.

Regarding the notarization, I will definitely notarize it. The instructions indicate that notarization is not required only for employment-based applications.

I noticed the conflicting requirements for the tax returns. I am thinking about following the instructions in the petitioner packet and send just the 2005 return.

Anybody on this forum who has sent these forms back, could you please share your experience about what you did for the tax returns?