CP completed in Mumbai on 2nd May !!!!!

bratx

Thanx a lot to this forum. All the best to all cpers.

Things learnt on this visit :
- Book your own mode of transportation. Donot rely on public transport (including cab, autos)
- if with child, better carry a emergency light and fan which can be recharged. donot trust BSES.
- for foreign exchange go to Thomas Cook(will charge Rs. 50 for each transaction). Indian Banks
  will not do for. exch. unless you have an account.
- if possible buy a cell phone.
- My personal opinion (no hard feelings), most of the indians behave in a civil and disciplined way only in U.S. the moment they are on the last leg of the flight towards India, they get back to the Indian way. no respect for the ladies, no manners, keep on jostling around and many more things.....

Medical Experience :
- Left from U.S on April 19th by KLM airlines.
- Had confirmed medical at Hinduja for April 24th.
- Was planning to take a cool cab at 6 am in the morning. Found out there was a indefinite cab strike(welcome to India)
- got an autorickshaw upto Bandra and luckily got Bus # 83 , which goes to Hinduja.(take down the bus route #, in case u still dont want to book your own private car)
- reached at 6:50 am at the OPD(yellow building). Counter opened at 7 sharp. Gave copy of interview appt letter and passport , photographs and fees.
- staff asked us to go 3rd floor and had a person waiting for us . Me and my wife were jammed with 2 vaccines, blood test. Soon we were taken to the opp. building for Chest Xrays. Finished the whole thing in 2 hour. So far good.
- was called back at 1:45 pm for physical checkup by the immi. physician.
- Called up my relative and asked her to book a A/C car for the restof the day and send it to hospital to pick us up.
- The car came at 10:30 amd and we went to My Own Studio (for the Immi Photos), Thomas Cook for exchange and Indina Overseas Bank(IOB) for DDs.
- My advice , IOB which is opp. the consulate gives you pretty good service. They have everything streamlined for the US Visa DDs.
- My Own Studio , near the consulate is pretty good too. charges extra for same day service.
- After finishing all the above cam back to Hinduja for the remaining of the medical.
- surprise, surprise, the physician came one hour late and we were the first to go in.
- just made us read letter chart on the wall for eyesight, had a physical look all over the body( i mean all over, kind of embarassing in front of a female doctor). Well alls well that ends well. She told we were fine and gave us the sealed medical report.
- Hinduja was a pretty good experience

Interview Experience :
- Booked a A/C Maruti Esteem with a driver. Reached the consulate at 8 am. Interview was at 9:30 am.
- Just walked around till 9:15 and went directly to the guard and gave the appt. letter(original). they donot accept the copies of the appt. letter.
- Went in thru the security check. Went to counter no 1 and paid the application fees DDs(separate) for me and wife.
- was told to sit in the waiting area till my name was called up. Surprise was called at 9:40 am at counter # 10.
- The indian lady was pretty polite and asked for Packet 4 papers. DS230 I & II, I-134, Passports.
- She asked for copies of Marriage , Birth and PCC, photographs.
- Asked for the original of the same.
- asked us to sign one photograph each on the \'x\'
- told us to sit in the waiting area till our name gets called again.
- After one hour our name was called at counter # 9.
- American Lady and one Indian staff were waiting for us. Told us to raise our right hand for the oath. Asked us if all the informationa and papers
  for true and not falsified. Asked me which company i work for and how long i have been married. Thats it, she told that our IV has been granted and wished us all the best and have a nice day.

Hope this experience helps everyone on this forum. All the Best.

i\'ll glad to answer your questions.

congrats...few questions:

Hearty congratulations...
i had few questions
(1)did u have to show both local and consulate issued PCC\'s
(2) when did ur pkt3 get reviewed, when was it mailed to mumbai, when did mumbai give u ur interview date, please provide us the time frames

congrats again

JK

congrats do_cp

congratulation do_cp.
Please check your private message.
Thanks and wating for your reply.

Tapasvi & JK

- This was an AC i-140 case.
- Packet 3 was sent to Mumbai in the first week of March.
- Case was created on 14th March.
- Asked for a early May interview, which the consulate honored.
- If you are in the U.S. , you just need PCC from the Indian
  consulate. You dont have to approach your local police station.

Hope this helps !

Congrats

I have a question about demand drafts. Did you carry cash from the US and then just get DDs at the IOB across the consulate? What do you mean by Indian banks do not accept exchange unless you have an account?
Thanks

Carried Travellers Cheque and Dollars

To exchange the above into Rupees , you need have to an account in that bank.

You can always go to any other Foreign Exchange (i.e Thomas Cook, Five Star Hotels)

thanks. few more questions sent privately to you

I will really appriciate if you can pls try to asnswer them.

photographs for Medical

What kind of photographs needed for Medicals. You described that you went to My Own Studio after the medicals. But, photographs were asked during medicals ?

Is IRS specific Computer transcript is must ???

DO_CP,

Congrates for your success.

I have 1 query. Is it required to collect \'Computer Transcript\' from IRS ? IRS is providing 2 types of Computer transcript by calling on phone(I rean on post). But, I am not taking any Computer transcript. But, I will only bring my 3 years Tax filing(Physical copy). Will it work ??

Thanks,

Big Blue .....

You neeed Passport photographs for Medicals , which i took in U.S.

I went to My Own Studios for the Green Card Immigrations style photographs.

vsshah ........

- They didnot ask me for IRS documents.
- However, i just carried the W2s and the filed tax papers. Made photocopies of it.
- Dont forget to take Sailing Permit.
- You also have to fillup the IRS 9003 forms for each applicant

What you have should work!

Just follow whats given at www.immihelp.com (Consular Processing)

CP interview date is on 19th june at mumbai

Hi,

Congratulations for your sucess in CP.

I am very thankfull for your details which you posted is very immportant for those who are going for mumbai interview.

Please can you clarify few doubts, which i am going to face in the next month.

1. Date of birth of certificate. i applied DOB , they gave me Non availability certificate, with that NAC , i was notarised from the advate. Is the date of birth certifacae is sufficient for attending the CP in mumbai interview.?

2. You was mentioned in your mail that
"Dont forget to take Sailing Permit. " what do you mean by that?

3.my interview date is 19th june. is it sufficient to go for medical in two days advance?

4.Where we have to notarise for autorisastion for my spouse.Can any one do notarise in the counsulate?

5. what information we have to fill in IRS 9003 .can you send me a copy?

please reply to my hotmail id is appnapk@hotmail.com

Thanks for your suggestions and waiting for your mail.

AK

akpediredla .....

akpediredla , please see my answers to your queries.

1. Date of birth of certificate. i applied DOB , they gave me Non availability certificate, with that NAC , i was notarised from the advate. Is the date of birth certifacae is sufficient for attending the CP in mumbai interview.?
- send an email to Mumbai Consulate and find out from them if it is okay. i am sorry i cannot answer this one.

2. You was mentioned in your mail that
"Dont forget to take Sailing Permit. " what do you mean by that?
- This is a form every person that goes out of US has to file. It is not mandatory. go to www.immihelp.com and find out more

3.my interview date is 19th june. is it sufficient to go for medical in two days advance?
- no, it is not sufficient. I kept a gap of 1 week. this was just in case if they call you back for additional tests.

4.Where we have to notarise for autorisastion for my spouse.Can any one do notarise in the counsulate?
- You have to notarise the I-134 form(Affidavit of Support) in the U.S.. However the consulate can do but will charge a premium for this.

5. what information we have to fill in IRS 9003 .can you send me a copy?

- you just have to tick mark in the right columns whichever is applicable to you and put in you SS No. Download the form from www.immihelp.com

No Title

If spouse is employed - do I still have to fill I-134?
Regarding sailing permit - is it not okay if I have tax forms and W2s for last 3 years?
thanks

Question regarding Demand Draft??

I am going for my CP next week to Mumbai. I have been told by my lawyer that I only need to make a DD of $65 fot the visa issuance fees, the lawyer says that she has already paid $265 for the visa application fee.
Did you made 2 DD\'s or just one for visa issuance fee. Please reply.

Thanks,
Aakash

Congratulations do_cp

Thanks each one of you sharing your experiences and information. Every bit of info help for future Cpers like me.

For Mumbai, Demand Draft should be Payable to WHOM ??

Do_CP,

Can you tell amounts of DD for Mumbai, for each person and spouse ?
And payable to what name ?

thanks,

bluegrass.....

Depends who is the primary applicant. If you are then get a I-134 fro your wife. doesnt harm in taking one. I would consult the lawyer too.