Court Approves Ngwanyia Settlement(Good News)

wantmygcnow! I can see that you write software, call functions, if-for-while loops all day long..

oh! by the way--- I am a math major too... ;)

Minsk said:
Ok... I see where u are coming from.. So u want to say that 180,000 is not quite correct number? Otherwise it looks like the biggest part of the backlog (over 100,000) comes from the applicants with ND 2003-2005??? Another question. Do u think that AILF could do better in the lawsuit?If yes, how do u think we can catch up on that?

No Minsk you took it the opposite. The biggest backlog is from 1996-2000 cases which were approved after the 1996 law passage...Some of those cases were sitting since early 1990's...

The 180,000 numbers are right in my opinion..as of this year...So when 180,000-66,000=114,000/25,000(uscis says they have the resources for this only)=4.5 years wait on any given application.

Now if you look at my pessimistic model thats what I said wait of 4 years while the optimistic view(if USCIS approves more than 25,000 GCs) would give a 3 year wait.

With USCIS we always take the pessimistic view because thats how they work..and we hope for the best.

The AILF screwed up in more than one way as I think about it. Yes they are profesional lawyers and didn't want this case to go to appeals where it might have been decided the other way. But they should've held ground on approving 32,000+10,000(42,000) applications in this year only OR put the LPR date for those applicants at a minus three year rate.

The excuse by USCIS that "we can only approve at least 25,000 per year" really hurts us and that should've been highlited by the AILF lawyers when cap removal was being talked about in the press. They should've taken some assurances from the USCIS that what will happen if the cap is removed..how will you address that...