country of birth or country of citizenship

ahmadwisley

Registered Users (C)
hi
after filing the I-130 and get approved , in NVC, your priority date depend on your country of citizenship or your country of birth or country of residency ????????????

other hand in visa bulletin , some time you find the same CATEGORY reference apply in the same time , but didnt received the visa in the same time even though both of them go with the same procedure .

any insight !!!!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
So does this mean that if you are an Indian citizen, but born in Libya, then you are not subject tp retrogression????? Your priority date would be ROW????

I never said it made a big difference. For most people, their country of birth is their country of citizenship.

i know what you said , i am just asking .
for e.g : i am a jordanian citizen , born in kuwait , in jordan too much people have IV-case unlike kuwait i think ,which mean if you have the same case in jordan & kuwait , probably you will get your VISA in kuwait more earlier :rolleyes:

Right ????!!

i know what you said , i am just asking .
for e.g : i am a jordanian citizen , born in kuwait , in jordan too much people have IV-case unlike kuwait i think ,which mean if you have the same case in jordan & kuwait , probably you will get your VISA in kuwait more earlier :rolleyes:
No. If you were not born in an oversubscribed country (i.e. a country that uses up more than 7% of the global total for its category, like India or China), you get lumped in with ROW ... whether you are from Jordan or Kuwait or Australia or Japan it doesn't really matter, you're in the same big ROW pool.

No. If you were not born in an oversubscribed country (i.e. a country that uses up more than 7% of the global total for its category, like India or China), you get lumped in with ROW ... whether you are from Jordan or Kuwait or Australia or Japan it doesn't really matter, you're in the same big ROW pool.

:eek: i dont think so , i am not from oversubscribed country but i still believe THAT my turn will be earlier than some one from jordan . :D

why ?
It just depends on efficiency at the US consulate and name check.
because i born in kuwait even my case in jordan & i am jordanian citizen

wherever :) the point is : PD depend on country of birth , what so ever your residency or citizenship , maybe I get advantage . HOPE SO :D

i am not getting you :eek: what do you mean ???
Ahmadwisley
It makes no difference whether you are born in Jordan or Kuwait because according to law both the countries come under same category of visa bulletin called, ' All chargeability areas'. So waiting time for Jordan and Kuwait is gonna be same.
Check the state departments visa bulletin for details

Hi Guys
Any DV 2009 winners from Kuwait or Jordan yet. I guess it's too late to wait for the letter but i'll hope to be a winner this year. All the best to all of us.