Correct name order after got SSN

Hello. My mother has been entered to US for 3 weeks with an immigration visa (IR5). When I filled out her DS-260, I put the given name was her middle and first name. Now, she got her SSN with name order: middlename-firstname-lastname. It could be late to request for update DS-260, but she's afraid this issue bite back in a day. Is there a way that she could change the order, so the given name is firstname-middlename and for the waiting green card? Thanks.

You should get in touch with SS office and they will change it for her provided. I had the similar case. My first name was misspelled on SS card and they corrected it after I filed the request.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Actually SSA office will not make the change if the change isn’t made first with USCIS. The card is issued based on the immigration information pulled from USCIS.

I had a similar scenario, which is different from the misspelled name scenario @George67 described. I had to pay for a replacement GC first with the correct name order, since the error was from my side, before the SSA office agreed to issue a replacement SSN with the correct name order.