Correct name order after got SSN

phuong

Hello. My mother has been entered to US for 3 weeks with an immigration visa (IR5). When I filled out her DS-260, I put the given name was her middle and first name. Now, she got her SSN with name order: middlename-firstname-lastname. It could be late to request for update DS-260, but she's afraid this issue bite back in a day. Is there a way that she could change the order, so the given name is firstname-middlename and for the waiting green card? Thanks.

You should get in touch with SS office and they will change it for her provided. I had the similar case. My first name was misspelled on SS card and they corrected it after I filed the request.

Actually SSA office will not make the change if the change isn’t made first with USCIS. The card is issued based on the immigration information pulled from USCIS.

I had a similar scenario, which is different from the misspelled name scenario @George67 described. I had to pay for a replacement GC first with the correct name order, since the error was from my side, before the SSA office agreed to issue a replacement SSN with the correct name order.

Help me please, my computer didn’t work well so I asked another person to fill the form for me. I have no middle name, instead of putting that no middle name she wrote again my Last Name? exaple my last name and name - Baghdasarova Maria and no middle name, she put Baghdasarova, Maria Baghdasarova,,, will it be a problem during the interview?

Help me please, my computer didn’t work well so I asked another person to fill the form for me. I have no middle name, instead of putting that no middle name she wrote again my Last Name? exaple my last name and name - Baghdasarova Maria and no middle name, she put Baghdasarova, Maria Baghdasarova,,, will it be a problem during the interview?

You need to stop littering the forums with the same question! You already got an accurate response from @SusieQQQ on the visa lottery sub forum. You need to get selected first, with the chance of being selected probably less than 1% in the first place! If you’re selected in May 2019 when the results are released, you can return to the forum for guidance on what to do. Worrying over what may or may not happen during the interview over a situation where you’re yet to be selected is a complete waste of time.