Control of Spam Posts in the Forums

I think what's happening is that the same user is changing userid and comng back.

Monica, thanks for your answer on the difference between the different mods. How many super mods and admins are there? I think I have only seen you active :)

Yes it's the same spammer. If you click their link it always goes to the same website that is linked to somewhere in China.

Spammer

If spammer keeps coming back, then i shall ban their IP address, lemme know a link to their next post.

thanks for all the hard work on the forums.

Censor option is not working

Hello,
I tried the censor option. Its not working, will have to spend some more time getting it fixed.

In the meantime, email me links to spam posts before you delete them. That will allow me to ban IPs of most spammer.

Hebilan , verygoodnike and salesgoodshoes were all the same users, the IP was changing , seems like the guy has a dial up. Anyways, i have banned the first 2 numbers of his IP, hopefully we won't see more spam from him. Also, deleted all those spam posts.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, true

I do ban IP's of any spammers but they dont work if they are using dial up connections as IP addresses change.

Hi Monica,

I think they use different nick and come back. IP ban might be an alternative :)