Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

What to say!

I think background check and name check are one and the same thing. They are just giving you the standard run around.

I have the letter from 1st lady's office and from FBI that namce check is cleared. Th officer clearly told me that background check is different. Tomorrow they might invent something else to cause delay. Just sick if it!!!
However the officer was nice, and she put me on hold to send email to the officer to which the case is assigned. I am not sure if it is a plain on hold or she actually sent an email(I have become very skeptical in last 4 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
Noe RFE

I rewceived a letter from USCIS(Answer to an old enquiry) that all background checks are clear, and my case cannot be worked on as I am INDIA-EB2.

I am actually charged under my wife's nationality(China EB2). It seems that they have made one more mistake. When I called today, the office said that on 12th they sent an RFE (Although there is no update on the website).

The whole thing is a mess. Hope the RFE is not as bad as igor_ch!

long rfs pls help

hi everybody,
we were waiting for our gc for 2 ys ,my husband is the primary applicant ,eb2,
nc pending since april 2006,and with the new memo we were expecting an approval but we get last week a long rfs ,oh my god we re tired ,we get sick of this story :( here there some of the rfs the rest is about some missing in the application.

eb2 -world
1140,march 15 2006
i485 ,april 1 2006
i140 approved july 2006
1 ead approved june 2006
change job in august 2006 without filing ac21
name check still pending

the uscis wants;
1-All original passeport
2-All i94 front and back
3-All forms i797
4-copies of all united states federal income tax returs (forms 1040)
5-copies of all forms w2, wage and taxe statments
6-the complete original internal revenue service issued''wage and income transcript'' and tax return transcript '' for all tax years.
7-complete ,legible copies of ure first intial and last most recent pay vouchers issued to you by each of ure united states employers for each tax year.

8-please submit evidence to estabilis wheter the employment agreements into which you entered, and that were submitted into evidence in support of the underlying formi-140 continue in force and remain valid.

and for me they ask about some missing in the application in the biographic section ,nothing big, my name was cleared a long time ago.

we re worry about this rfs,still we have a chance , pls help,about the irs how we can get all those docs.
thanx a lot for ure posts

hi everybody,
we were waiting for our gc for 2 ys ,my husband is the primary applicant ,eb2,
nc pending since april 2006,and with the new memo we were expecting an approval but we get last week a long rfs ,oh my god we re tired ,we get sick of this story :( here there some of the rfs the rest is about some missing in the application.

eb2 -world
1140,march 15 2006
i485 ,april 1 2006
i140 approved july 2006
1 ead approved june 2006
change job in august 2006 without filing ac21
name check still pending

the uscis wants;
1-All original passeport
2-All i94 front and back
3-All forms i797
4-copies of all united states federal income tax returs (forms 1040)
5-copies of all forms w2, wage and taxe statments
6-the complete original internal revenue service issued''wage and income transcript'' and tax return transcript '' for all tax years.
7-complete ,legible copies of ure first intial and last most recent pay vouchers issued to you by each of ure united states employers for each tax year.

8-please submit evidence to estabilis wheter the employment agreements into which you entered, and that were submitted into evidence in support of the underlying formi-140 continue in force and remain valid.

and for me they ask about some missing in the application in the biographic section ,nothing big, my name was cleared a long time ago.

we re worry about this rfs,still we have a chance , pls help,about the irs how we can get all those docs.
thanx a lot for ure posts

Hope things work out well for you. These b******s are really screwing our lives. I have a rfe and do not know what that is about, but I fear it may be same as yours. I am in this country for 10 + years. I came as a graduate student. I have lot of pay stubs, but not sure If I have pay stubs from my university which I attended 10 years ago.

Is this a new trend or it used to be like this always? Usually you needed the last payslip when you, say, had to send them the proof of employment but not the first one. Yeah, some story to tell your children how America, "the country of dreams" had you in the ass along the way...

I think that such crazy RFEs need to be brought to AILA's attention.
rir_or is right. They used to only request EVL letter and sometimes the last paycheck. Maximum w2 statements for the last year.

The full set of docs people only asked to bring if the case is sent for the interview.

People do not reveal full information, why they are getting these RFEs.
I am sure that USCIS do not issue them just for fun, I am sure there are reasons for USCIS to send RFE in each of these individual case.

I see in this case her husband changed employer before I-485 was pending more than 180 days, maybe there was something else.

I see several reasons why these RFEs can be issued:

1. One of the previous employers revoked H1 or I-140
2. Changes status F->H/H->F/H->B/B->H whatever.
3. There are interruption in the approved I-129 petitions.
4. There are interruptions in EADs
5. Never left US for several years or since original entry.
6. Lack of documents when I-485 filed.
7. One of the companies where petitioner worked is in the USCIS "black list"

IMHO any of abovementioned reasons can cause this RFE especially clause 5 and 6.

You know, sfmars, what you are saying don't make sense to normal people. It would make sense in, say, Russia, very corrupted country where the presumption of innocence is just on paper.

Law-abiding EB-immigrants are living in the US for 10 years regulary send some kind of paperwork to USCIS (renew or transfer H1s, do LC and I-140, EADs, pay taxes etc). As they do it regularly they imply they are checked every time and answer RFEs every time when any questions arise. If you do it long enough you get a feeling you are trusted and keep being law abiding.

Now out of sudden you hit with this load of crap that slaps you in the face: explain, dirty monkey from the third world country, to us, elite of DHS, what you have been doing in our "free country" all these years? Prove that you are not a thief, not illegally employed, not tax evader, not a strawberry picker who created his Masters dimploma in Photoshop.

We were freaking proving this all these years. We used to beleive the things we were sending every year were registered.

Do you know, sfmars, how much it cost to my employers my multiple H1s and stuff? I think it's more than 50gs as of know. All these money my employers and I had to earn and paid taxes on, are what, flushed down the toilet because now it is not possible to produce some paystubs from ten years ago?

Let's say, you locked yourself out of your house. When you start breaking in police arrives and tells you this is not your house now. "I have a deed on this house" protest you. "What deed?" says police. "Our county keeps records only for month. You should have taken the keys." And then your neighbours say to each other: "I think police has good reasons to keep him out. He wasn't mowing the lawn."

rir_or

First of all do not insult Russia. I am Russian, and work in US since 1998.

It looks like you fall into one of the RFE reasons which I have listed in my previous post.

rir_or said:
Let's say, you locked yourself out of your house. When you start breaking in police arrives and tells you this is not your house now. "I have a deed on this house" protest you. "What deed?" says police. "Our county keeps records only for month. You should have taken the keys." And then your neighbours say to each other: "I think police has good reasons to keep him out. He wasn't mowing the lawn."

No, they expect you to call the police first to help you to get into your house....

The reason for my previous post was that people do not reveal real reasons why they are getting those "killing" RFE and the same time asking to help them.
I realize that for many of people in this forum to get such kind of RFE means killing immigration.

It is misleading people when some one says "I did not do anything wrong and did not kill anyone and was expecting my approval but bad USCIS guys sent me this RFE .... PLEASE HELP !!!!"

My point is if someone is expecting help that guy should tell us all the story to rely on better help but not only s/he was good all the time and doesn't understand why s/he got this RFE. I hope you reveal the reason for your RFE when you get it.

I hope you reveal the reason for your RFE when you get it.
That's exactly what I meant, the mentality of Holy Inquisition and Russian folk. "Take anybody and you can find a broken law". It is implied the reason exists. Is it a coincidence that I noticed the Russian way of thinking in your prior statement? :)

Another custom of Russian (or should I say, Homo Soveticus?) mentality is an unexplainable pride of their country "do not insult Russia". Since what time Russia stopped from being corrupted? Last time I checked there were phony presidential elections. Give me a break, man. And if you are so proud of your country why not put your origin in the signature? :)

I will keep you posted on RFE.

That's exactly what I meant, the mentality of Holy Inquisition and Russian folk. "Take anybody and you can find a broken law". It is implied the reason exists. Is it a coincidence that I noticed the Russian way of thinking in your prior statement? :)

Another custom of Russian (or should I say, Homo Soveticus?) mentality is an unexplainable pride of their country "do not insult Russia". Since what time Russia stopped from being corrupted? Last time I checked there were phony presidential elections. Give me a break, man. And if you are so proud of your country why not put your origin in the signature? :)

I will keep you posted on RFE.

Good, We can discuss your RFE and how to solve it when you get one.
I do not mind if you tell me the details in the private message if there are any facts which you do not want to reveal in public.

RFE on Birth certificate

Hi:
I am from INdia and where the date format is day/mon/year, instead of mon/day/yeaer followed in the us. My dob is may/11, and the birth certificate shows it as 11/05. The lawyear, at the time of filing, in order not to create confusion, asked me to submit 2 affidavid of support(Which I had ready) from my mom and dad. Now there is a RFE that I also need to submit a doc on the non-availibility of birth certificate.

Now my question is have any one know anybody who was in a similar situation, and the lawyear successfully explained the date format situation in bith certificate?

Thanks

All right, RFE appears to be for employment EVL (took a week to arrive). It went to ex-attorney's office. CIS noticed the change in my geograpgic location and seems did not register G28 and AC21 from the new employer's attorneys. This is retarded but who would expect otherwise from CIS? Certainly not me.

Hi Everybody,

I am one of the quiet followers of this forum and want to share the good news with you.
"On March 20, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.". I wish you the best of luck.

485 FD:07/12/06 FP:03/08/2006

Congratulations but more info please?

Congratulations mashikushi, Can you please share if this was an EB? If so what category EB1/2/3?
What country? Did you have to go for second FP?
If you don't mind can you check with FBI FP check line when were you FP requested by USCIS. That will tell you when were they "refreshed" by USCIS. I 'm tying to find it out because mine FP were "refreshed" without any second FP appointment and if my case is being close to processed.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Everybody,

I am one of the quiet followers of this forum and want to share the good news with you.
"On March 20, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.". I wish you the best of luck.

485 FD:07/12/06 FP:03/08/2006

Thanks and I would appreciate if you could find out when did FBI receive FP request from USCIS by calling FBI FP checks line at 304-625-5590, it will confirm whether they are refreshing everyone's FP or just the ones they are about to work on?

All you need is your A# handy when calling 304-625-5590, the options that you will need to select on the voice prompts are 2,5,3 .It takes few minutes.

My Case is EB-2
Did not need to go to second FP