Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

For adjust20

Thanks a lot for detailed update. And you are right Tim is a tough cookie, every time I ended up talking to him, he wasn't of any help. There're few others at NSC that are really helpful. My congressman's office has emailed NSC before the memo and received security check pending emails. On my insistence, congressman's office sent yet another email to expedite my adjudication citing the memo and other difficulties(financial/emotional etc), haven't heard anything yet. The IOs at NSC have told me that my case is under extended review which I translated into "NC pending".

Rfe

USCIS requests tons of documents:

1. All pages from all passports (except the current one, which they already have)

2. Back and front of all I-94 prior to June 2003 (one of my entries to US). I do not have B1/B2 I-94 for 1999-2001, but do have all H1 I-94 from 2002 and later.

3. All diplomas, certificates and transcripts - school, college, university. I have all three certificates/diplomas, but no transcripts from school and college.

4. Copies of all 1040 (signed and dated), along with schedules for Profit/Loss from Business, Self-Employment tax and Treaty-Based returns

5. Copies of all W2, 1099-MISC and 1042-S - documents are for the whole family. I only have one 1099-MISC, for the commissions returned to me by a real estate broker.

6. Original IRS income and return transcripts for all years

7. Complete copies of first and last pay stub for each employer during each year

My wife and son received RFE because doctor forgot to write TB skin test results.

Officer code is NSC/TAC EX376

1. All pages from all passports (except the current one, which they already have)
2. Back and front of all I-94 prior to June 2003 (one of my entries to US). I do not have B1/B2 I-94 for 1999-2001, but do have all H1 I-94 from 2002 and later.
3. All diplomas, certificates and transcripts - school, college, university. I have all three certificates/diplomas, but no transcripts from school and college.
4. Copies of all 1040 (signed and dated), along with schedules for Profit/Loss from Business, Self-Employment tax and Treaty-Based returns
5. Copies of all W2, 1099-MISC and 1042-S - documents are for the whole family. I only have one 1099-MISC, for the commissions returned to me by a real estate broker.
7. Complete copies of first and last pay stub for each employer during each year
My wife and son received RFE because doctor forgot to write TB skin test
results.

Nice! so this is how they are going to get around giving 'too many' GCs.:mad:
Guess march 10th doesn't mean much to you anymore.
Hope you can respond and get back in line before EB quota is used up.

Just found that IRS has all account transcripts (2002-2006). However, they only have 2004-2006 tax return transcripts. Transcripts take 10-15 days to arrive. I may have to order official tax return photocopies for 2002-2003 ($39 each). The problem is - photocopies take up to 60 days and I only have 70 days to reply to RFE...

If you want to be proactive, here is info on how to request transcripts

==== COPY from http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-forums/i485-1/73505147

there is no problem to get from the IRS accoutn and tax return transcript for the last 10years you have 2ways either to :
1-call this # 1800-829-1040(IRS) and do the following
IT IS FREE TO GET UP TO 10 YEAR TRANSCRIPT THRU THE IRS 1800# ABOVE FOLLOW THE FOLLWOING STEPS:
press 2,2
enter ur SSN
enter your street number(not the name just the ST.#), you will hear introduction 4, enter the tax year starting from your 2007(or 2006 if u didn't file 2007 yet), 1 and after that they will tell you they either will mail it to you or it will not be available, in this case(not available) you should file form 4506 with the IRS http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf it is very easy form but the problem is it will take up to 60days to get the years that are not available thru the 1800# and it will cost $39.00 to get copy of you will be able to hear the option to request another tax year so you key in the follwoing year and so on until you request all years on file if you had any problem hit 0 to speak to customer rep. they open from 7am to 10pm
good luck and let me know if you need further help

====

Nice! so this is how they are going to get around giving 'too many' GCs.:mad:
Guess march 10th doesn't mean much to you anymore.
Hope you can respond and get back in line before EB quota is used up.

Your own copies of 1040 should be sufficient. If you e-filed, there is no 1040 on file.

Just send your own copies, just like you did in 2004.

BTW, just got the magic e-mails

Card production ordered!!! for both me and spouse.

Congratulations Nelsona.
Now you are thru...................
Now do you believe in system when younger and older cases go thru simultaneously?
Anyway you deserve the GC and the celebrations.
Enjoy too your fullest......................
suresh

Response to SR from NSC

Received response to an SR opened after the memo, this time it didn't say that security/background check is pending rather like the first SR I opened before the memo in 2007. It says the this case is actively being processed but the additional review has caused longer processing time. If I don't receive decision or other notice of action within six months, call back etc.

Now I'm not naive but wanted to share that their standard line has changed now after the memo. Anyone else received similar response to their SR?

this is crazy !<( seems like they are auditing for the PERM approval you had. i had a couple questions- did you have any US educational degree when you applied for labor? how are you thinking of accounting for copies of earlier i-94 if you don't have them? did they ask you for paystubs prior to your PD? Gosh, if they ask me for that i will have to do a lot of work to access them from my graduate school.. this is crazy!

My wife and son received RFE because doctor forgot to write TB skin test results.

Here is an update after talking to two lawyers (current and future employers) and talking to IRS.

>> All pages from all passports (except the current one, which they already have)

Lawyer recommended that I submit fresh copy of current passport as well. Especially as travelled abroad while waiting for GC.

>> Back and front of all I-94 prior to June 2003 (one of my entries to US). I do not have B1/B2 I-94 for 1999-2001, but do have all H1 I-94 from 2002 and later.

Lawyer says that it's OK to miss old I-94. However, all newer I-94, including extension of status should be included. We will have to explain that those old I-94 were returned back to DHS upon exit from US, and so we cannot obtain copies. We will also list all US entry/exit dates and highlight relevant stamps in the copies of passports.

>> All diplomas, certificates and transcripts - school, college, university. I have all three certificates/diplomas, but no transcripts from school and college.

It seems my university transcript covers college time as well (maybe because I transferred). Lawyer said it's OK not to have school transcripts, but advised to order them, just in case USCIS will really want it in the future.

>> Copies of all 1040 (signed and dated), along with schedules for Profit/Loss from Business, Self-Employment tax and Treaty-Based returns

Since 1040 were e-filed, I will have to include some proof of e-filing.

>> Original IRS income and return transcripts for all years

IRS Account Transcripts are available for all years. However, IRS Tax Return Transcripts are available only from 2004. Since 2002 and 2003 are not available, I've requested photocopies (yes, paid $78 for photocopies of e-filed returns, welcome to government's world : ) We will file a copy of this request and cleared check, showing that it will take 60 days to get photocopies.

>> My wife and son received RFE because doctor forgot to write TB skin test results.

Lawyer advised to go for a new TB skin test, and then do a fresh chest X-Ray if skin test is positive. She did not recommend to use old TB skin test results.

Other notes:
I do not have any US-based education.
Yes, they asked for ALL I-94. My PD is March 2006.

There are two explanations why they do it:
1. Burkino from trackitt.com thinks that newly hired USCIS AO's want to use all their new knowledge, or they want to impress their supervisors, or both.
2. Lawyer told me she sees more of these RFE's now and thinks it relates to CYA (cover your ass) work mode. They now approve applications without all security checks, so AO's try to exercise extra-due-diligence to cover themselves in case future NC results would be bad.

Disclaimer: this is not a legal advise, talk to your own lawyer : )

RFEs like this should be brought up to AILAs and Ombudsmen attention. This is abuse not diligence. School transripts... Pay stubs from 10years ago... are they out of their freaking minds?

Here is an update after talking to two lawyers (current and future employers) and talking to IRS.

>> All pages from all passports (except the current one, which they already have)

Lawyer recommended that I submit fresh copy of current passport as well. Especially as travelled abroad while waiting for GC.

>> Back and front of all I-94 prior to June 2003 (one of my entries to US). I do not have B1/B2 I-94 for 1999-2001, but do have all H1 I-94 from 2002 and later.

Lawyer says that it's OK to miss old I-94. However, all newer I-94, including extension of status should be included. We will have to explain that those old I-94 were returned back to DHS upon exit from US, and so we cannot obtain copies. We will also list all US entry/exit dates and highlight relevant stamps in the copies of passports.

>> All diplomas, certificates and transcripts - school, college, university. I have all three certificates/diplomas, but no transcripts from school and college.

It seems my university transcript covers college time as well (maybe because I transferred). Lawyer said it's OK not to have school transcripts, but advised to order them, just in case USCIS will really want it in the future.

>> Copies of all 1040 (signed and dated), along with schedules for Profit/Loss from Business, Self-Employment tax and Treaty-Based returns

Since 1040 were e-filed, I will have to include some proof of e-filing.

>> Original IRS income and return transcripts for all years

IRS Account Transcripts are available for all years. However, IRS Tax Return Transcripts are available only from 2004. Since 2002 and 2003 are not available, I've requested photocopies (yes, paid $78 for photocopies of e-filed returns, welcome to government's world : ) We will file a copy of this request and cleared check, showing that it will take 60 days to get photocopies.

>> My wife and son received RFE because doctor forgot to write TB skin test results.

Lawyer advised to go for a new TB skin test, and then do a fresh chest X-Ray if skin test is positive. She did not recommend to use old TB skin test results.

Other notes:
I do not have any US-based education.
Yes, they asked for ALL I-94. My PD is March 2006.

There are two explanations why they do it:
1. Burkino from trackitt.com thinks that newly hired USCIS AO's want to use all their new knowledge, or they want to impress their supervisors, or both.
2. Lawyer told me she sees more of these RFE's now and thinks it relates to CYA (cover your ass) work mode. They now approve applications without all security checks, so AO's try to exercise extra-due-diligence to cover themselves in case future NC results would be bad.

Disclaimer: this is not a legal advise, talk to your own lawyer : )

Igor, my case had been on their desks for 4 years with NO RFE. In fairness they should have asked for all the same things from me that they did from you, since they have none of the things in your RFE. They asked for nothing

This is abuse, as rir_or sez.

RFEs like this should be brought up to AILAs and Ombudsmen attention. This is abuse not diligence. School transripts... Pay stubs from 10years ago... are they out of their freaking minds?

It is indeed abuse. They are asking for my all my IAP-66 for J-1 visas. My first one was 15 years ago. Do they really believe people keep those documents that long? Are there any legal requirement for us to keep them when we actually submit a copy of it to the INS agent at the airport?

I contacted everyone, from Homeland Security to State Department and my previous sponsors. They are all saying that nobody keeps those things around that long. ... They got to be on something at NSC ....

Any one from INDIA EB2 seen any updates to their cases after the new memo regarding FBI name check since visa is currently unavailable. My priority date is June 2002 and I-485 received date is Nov 3, 2006 and been stuck in name check.

Thanks.

Congurat!!!

BTW, just got the magic e-mails

Card production ordered!!! for both me and spouse.

I'm very happy for you! Finally you got what you deserve long time ago! I appreciate all you help and support to this forum and others as well. Enjoy the new freedom life and don't worry about any "not-good-enough" messages.
Please can you stay for a while in this forume so you can answer some questions from us?

Thank you,

-----------
EB3, PD 05/31/2002
I-485 : RD 12/08/2006.