Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Just received 6 messages from CRIS (2 per person) that we are approved. End of journey. Good luck to everyone.

The only problem I have now, that I'm in process of changing employer: Monday should be my first day at the new Company. Just sent e-mails to all the lawyers involved (from 1st, current and future companies). Let's see...

Yikes. Your sponsor is going to be pi$$ed! This is exactly the situation that AC21 did Not account for. You have no protection

Congrats to the new permanent residents

One questions, not sure if someone knows.
1. Got "welcome notice mailed" email. Got the welcome letter in the mail.
2. Got "card production ordered" email. Got the green card in the mail.
3. Got the "approval notice mailed" email. HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING. On the USCIS site, they only talk about welcome notice and physical green card. Shouldn't we get something like "Your I-485 adjustment of status application has been approved, blahblahblah..."

Any light on is most appreciated. There was another forum with a similar question, with no definitive answer.

Thanks

Yikes. Your sponsor is going to be pi$$ed! This is exactly the situation that AC21 did Not account for. You have no protection

New company lawyers answered that they have sent H1B transfer application and AC21 letter postmarked yesterday, so they are pretty sure that this job change is covered by AC21. And the I-9 form, which I have to fill out on Monday, will use my EAD since I don't have green-card in hands yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
One questions, not sure if someone knows.
1. Got "welcome notice mailed" email. Got the welcome letter in the mail.
2. Got "card production ordered" email. Got the green card in the mail.
3. Got the "approval notice mailed" email. HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING. On the USCIS site, they only talk about welcome notice and physical green card. Shouldn't we get something like "Your I-485 adjustment of status application has been approved, blahblahblah..."

Any light on is most appreciated. There was another forum with a similar question, with no definitive answer.

Thanks

Your signature says you got your card.

What more do you want?

10 million bucks?

Your signature says you got your card.

What more do you want?

Nelsona,

Is this a rhetorical question? Or being an a$$hole is your second nature?

I'm asking a simple question, hoping to bring my process to closure, having in mind the questions I may get asked in a few years during naturalization process. I just want to make sure I'm not missing a document that was mailed to me. If you can't/don't want to be helpfull, please refrain from answering to posts.

Thanks

May I kindly ask everyone NOT to reply to zgubi or to any other offenders alike?

It does not do well to offend contributing and respected members of this forum.

Nelsona,

Is this a rhetorical question? Or being an a$$hole is your second nature?

I'm asking a simple question, hoping to bring my process to closure, having in mind the questions I may get asked in a few years during naturalization process. I just want to make sure I'm not missing a document that was mailed to me. If you can't/don't want to be helpfull, please refrain from answering to posts.

Thanks

May I kindly ask everyone NOT to reply to zgubi or to any other offenders alike?

It does not do well to offend contributing and respected members of this forum.

I see that Mr. Rude has a sidekick...

If you care to go back through the forum, Mr. Sidekick, you'd see that your "contributing" and "respected" member of the forum has had his/her share of snotty comments and offensive answers to people...
I think my assessment fits him/her just right...

Approved: Nebraska I-485, RD 10-JAN-2007, PD 08-JUL-2002

Both my wife and I got two e-mails each from CRIS this morning with this status:

"Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."

I called the CIS customer service last October 2007 and then again in January 2008 to ask about the status of my application. During the Jan-2008 call I asked to speak to an IO and was transferred one who refused give her number. The "IO" told me that something was holding my application even though I was already 4-5 months outside of their published processing time. A few days later, I received the dreaded e-mail with this line "We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case." It felt like the carpet was yanked from under my feet.

My wife called CIS customer service last week to ask about her I-485. All of a sudden, the e-mails this morning.

We don't know what caused the movement of our cases, whether the phone calls or the recent memo about the approvability of cases pending security check for more than 180 days.

But anyway, hang in there. All the best.

:)Good for you!!

I am on the one hand :) to see that some are getting their approvals under the new process, but I'm getting :(that such 'fresh' cases as yours, kairos, (after all 14 months for I-485 is not that long) are being approved when older one's like mine still aren't. But that is certainly not your fault, so enjoy your freedom and we thank you for your wishes.

I always knew that fifo was a fairy-tale. But filo would bne a nightmare for me.

Given only ~2 weeks left will March 10, I think they won't care about FIFO.

I am on the one hand :) to see that some are getting their approvals under the new process, but I'm getting :(that such 'fresh' cases as yours, kairos, (after all 14 months for I-485 is not that long) are being approved when older one's like mine still aren't. But that is certainly not your fault, so enjoy your freedom and we thank you for your wishes.

I always knew that fifo was a fairy-tale. But filo would bne a nightmare for me.

Nelsona, I feel your frustration. I can relate to that while watching "younger" cases being approved before mine. To tell you the truth, I did not expect approval this year after hearing the "awaiting the results of required security checks" bombshell.

Anyway, did you notice that our PDs are only about 4 months (or 2 months) apart?

I still suspect that PD somehow plays into which case got processed, not just I-485 filing date. Anyway, I really wish that we could all get out of this black hole pretty soon.

Don't feel any guilt, kairos, you absolutely deserve your GC!! Go and celebrate!!

I just don't take anything for granted anymore with this process. Any way you slice it, I should have gotten my GC at least 3 years ago, and am quite convinced something will screw me this time.

you flatter me zgubi-doo!

I don't remember any of your posts...

Zgubi-doo! I actually like this a lot. I may even adopt it...

In any case I really trully hope this forum is closed soon, when it comes to the namecheck long-waiters and we all move to the 'life after the GC' forums or heck, make up a new one...

Update for Jefkorn

MY PD was June 2003, rest of the world, My Finger prints were expired Yes. I talked with IO many times. one week every day. I got LUD in januray and i called IO, she said my case is with An officer for final review assuming my name check was cleared. i called a week later, i talked with Tim real charactor, nasty, he said No. even if your case is in final review, it will be sent back as your name check is still pending. Then i called almost every day for next two weeks. I talked with another IO forget his name, he said you FP expired. I asked, do you think i need to take it again, he siad let me email the people if they need they will conatct me. But i got approval instead.

I called Congressman office 5 times. they said they are checking and finnaly got a letter with copies of emails answers from USCIS that since name check is no longer an issue, i should get approval by March 8th. yes emails was sent back from USICS. It says specifically March 8th not 10th not April, March 8th. So i assume some one really look at my case before they email back to my congress man. God knows better.

I did wrote letter to first lady and congressman but i believe my congressman office helped for sure. I would write letters it do nto cost much but atleast you get a different non generic answer.

I Hope it helps

adjust20,
Congratulations!
Can you please give some more details. Priority date? I'm assuming rest of the world. Did you FO expire and did you get a notice or they were able to refresh them ?
Did you communicate with IO at NSC at all to inquire about your case or took any other steps to expedite the processing?

Was the response to congressman's inquiry from NSC? Did it says something generic like all cases are likely to be approved etc?