Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Question

Are there any poster in this thread whos child have aged out despite the enactment of the CSPA ? If so please go to www.expatsvoice.org and search the thread for aging out.

I currently have a law suit pending with the uscis et al , and if I win this will help others. The site is in the process of setting up on line petitions for two main issues,

1. for a compassionate visa on a case by case basis, subject to documentary evidence

2. To protect all children from aging out

Just so you know if the petitioner passes away, the surviving spouse pending green card is cancelled, the spouse can bury their loved one, yet their work autho is cancelled

We have to obtain a no nonsence immigration reform that is fair, secures the boarders and has common sense and has compassion

Activists, needed to help the core team. your time only, no money involved :) Please support us to support you

Not sure about March 10

Just spoke with IO at NSC. He confirmed that all my checks are done except the FBI namecheck, and I'm eligible to processing according to the new memo. But he was unable to give any date. He said that due to high volume of cases it may take up to 6 month to identify and process all such cases. And they will put efforts to process them according to notice dates. Bullshit.

Just spoke with IO at NSC. He confirmed that all my checks are done except the FBI namecheck, and I'm eligible to processing according to the new memo. But he was unable to give any date. He said that due to high volume of cases it may take up to 6 month to identify and process all such cases. And they will put efforts to process them according to notice dates. Bullshit.

Hello Guru's,

Am sure this question may have been answered a million times, my bad luck... couldn't get my hands on it. How do I talk to IO at NSC, what is the number to call..? Also what do I need to keep handy when calling..?

I would greatly appreciate if someone can at least please point me to a previous thread answering these questions.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
New Memo FAQ

The new FAQ was published and then removed from USCIS Web site. I do not have a copy... If you have it, please post here. Here is the original link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/name_check_faq-20feb08.pdf

Based on trackitt posts, USCIS identified ~47K cases and is planning to take some action on most of them by mid-March.

Q5. How many applications for lawful permanent residence are affected by this policy change?
A3. USCIS is currently aware of approximately 47,000 applications for permanent residence (I-485) cases that are otherwise approvable but for the fact that an FBI name check is pending. In a subset of these case, the FBI name check request that been pending for more than 180 days. USCIS anticipates that the majority of the cases that are subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-March 2008.

The new FAQ is still on CIS website. People who cannot open this link are solely due to your own computer/internet system blockage.

The new FAQ was published and then removed from USCIS Web site. I do not have a copy... If you have it, please post here. Here is the original link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/name_check_faq-20feb08.pdf

Based on trackitt posts, USCIS identified ~47K cases and is planning to take some action on most of them by mid-March.

Q5. How many applications for lawful permanent residence are affected by this policy change?
A3. USCIS is currently aware of approximately 47,000 applications for permanent residence (I-485) cases that are otherwise approvable but for the fact that an FBI name check is pending. In a subset of these case, the FBI name check request that been pending for more than 180 days. USCIS anticipates that the majority of the cases that are subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-March 2008.

If FAQ was taken off their site it probably means they realized finishing up by 10th cannot be done. I would not be looking for this document anywhere else as it would be only wishful thinking.

As usual in business with this agency: never hope.

PS Do you notice how 10th is being replaced by mid-March? The barely increased speed of approvals on ittrack does not convince me they will handle the rest in a few weeks. I wouldn't be suprised if mid March will turn into more realistic 4 months (sigh).

Last edited by a moderator:
FP renewal

I mean USCIS will require FP only once and the re-use it later ?

When I called USCIS, I was told that the FP can be automatically renewed after 15 months without having to do it again. Did anyone hear the same story? This seems contrary to the fact that many people have been requested to do multiple FPs.

I asked my attorney

This is the reply from my attorney :

"USCIS is now taking biometrics electronically. As such, in most
instances, they can simply rerun the search electronically rather than
requiring the individual to return to the ASC for new prints."

No wonder people getting approved inspite of "expired" FPs. I think in this immigration portal forum, somebody called NSC IO and was told "FP will be re-used".

When I called USCIS, I was told that the FP can be automatically renewed after 15 months without having to do it again. Did anyone hear the same story? This seems contrary to the fact that many people have been requested to do multiple FPs.

I heard the same thing. I was very skeptical. So I called 3 times after that and I got consistent answer from different folks each time. I did my first finger print in July 06. Its been more than 15 months and the officers told me that I dont need another one.

I heard the same thing. I was very skeptical. So I called 3 times after that and I got consistent answer from different folks each time. I did my first finger print in July 06. Its been more than 15 months and the officers told me that I dont need another one.

I had mine in Aug 2006.