Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3953.html

EB3 RoW jumped over 2 years to 1/1/05
EB2 China moved 1 year to 12/1/03
India remains unmoved.

Hi Nelsona
Now you shud get GC after long wait. With the new ruling of last week FBI name check not required after 180 days or more of I485 filing what response you have got from USCIS? Did you go for info pass after last week ruling?

I sincerely wish your wait should get over now like many others.

I have no time to drive 6 hours for infopass, just to be told I'm in namecheck.

I have been current for 2 years, so the visa bulletin is actually bad news for me, as it means others behind me in the queue will now get GC. I was quite pleased to have cut-off date in 2002.

Any LUDs in your case?

Hello fellow Prisoners of NSC,

After the USCIS news, i have been checking my case almost every other day. I got LUDs on 2/2 and 2/6. I am not sure what is the meaning of it but has anyone else is getting LUDs in your account? the original message still does not change since 2006.

Any ideas?

Hello fellow Prisoners of NSC,

After the USCIS news, i have been checking my case almost every other day. I got LUDs on 2/2 and 2/6. I am not sure what is the meaning of it but has anyone else is getting LUDs in your account? the original message still does not change since 2006.

Any ideas?

Your signature doesn't tell us if you have other processes going (i-140, I-765, I-131). processing these might require 'touching' your AOS case.

I know for a fact that I am one of those to be impacted by the relaxation of name check, but have had no recent LUDs.

Your signature doesn't tell us if you have other processes going (i-140, I-765, I-131). processing these might require 'touching' your AOS case.

I know for a fact that I am one of those to be impacted by the relaxation of name check, but have had no recent LUDs.

All of my other were approved on or beofre March 2007. so i do not think it has to do with anything else but I-485.

Same here, no LUD on my case. My son got LUD for change of address.

I called USCIS and requested them to schedule a new FP appointment (old FP have expired). Do they update online status when FP renewal notice is sent to me?

brkl1935 got this from a lawyer:

ILA-Service Center Operations (SCOPS) Liaison has confirmed that the service centers are conducting "sweeps" to find adjustment of status cases that can be reviewed for adjudication under the changes in background check procedures announced by USCIS on February 4, 2008. AILA national has asked USCIS HQ for information on processing of adjustment of status cases at local offices that can be reviewed under the same memo, and many chapters have already contacted local USCIS offices for further information on local processing.
SCOPS has asked AILA members to hold off on submitting liaison inquiries on cases at the service centers that were delayed due to background checks until after April 30, 2008. The USCIS hopes to have identified and taken action on cases by that date.

Source:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1862064#post1862064

Card received

I know everyone in the NC dungeon is anxiously awaiting news on their cases, so I'll be very brief. Closure: After 6 years and a couple of months, I finally received my card (still waiting for the approval notice to arrive - it was mailed out on Friday). I hope to see you all in one of the 'after GC' forums.

Thanks for you support

Naturalization was specifically left out of this policy change, for 2 reasons;

1. It is difficult to track citizens, and difficult to revoke their citizenship, unlike GC.
2. Naturalization petitions ALREADY have a legally built-in time limit of 6 months, so there is already legal recourse in place for these ones. They simply have to choose to exercise it. Mandamus for GC was an after-thought, not based on any statutory time limit, but on administration incompetance.

India EB2 to move to Dec.2003 in April '08 Visa Bulletin ?

From
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285

"Last night, at a meeting of the American Immigration Lawyer's Assocation Southern California chapter, Charles Oppenheim spoke. Mr. Oppenheim is the officer within the Visa Office tasked with calculating visa bulletin cutoff dates each month. He offered the following thoughts as to cutoff date movement in the upcoming months:

* In April, India and China EB2 will be set at 12/01/2003
* ---------------------------------------------------
"

Does that mean "lot of" numbers going to flow from India EB1 ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean "lot of" numbers going to flow from India EB1 ?!
Well, since there is no such thing as an EB-1 India quota, probably not.

However, it may mean that there is a flow of EB-1 quota to EB-2, which is being spread thruoghout EB-2, of which India will get some.

Keep in mind that India must be very close to their 7% for the year already.

My guess is that India will go U pretty soon for all categories.

Now that NC free-up will happen, there is no reason that India will be allowed more than their legislated 7%.

Thanks Nelsona...

Naturalization was specifically left out of this policy change, for 2 reasons;

1. It is difficult to track citizens, and difficult to revoke their citizenship, unlike GC.
2. Naturalization petitions ALREADY have a legally built-in time limit of 6 months, so there is already legal recourse in place for these ones. They simply have to choose to exercise it. Mandamus for GC was an after-thought, not based on any statutory time limit, but on administration incompetance.

Just a quick question: What do you mean by "Naturalization petitions ALREADY have a legally built-in time limit of 6 months, so there is already legal recourse in place for these ones. They simply have to choose to exercise it."?

Sorry guys I know this is not related to this Forum but Nelsona is very knowledgeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to court and file for Writ of Mandamus or 1447b depending on your situation.

Please read following for your options:

http://www.ailf.org/lac/natz_delay0806.shtml

Also there's mega thread about filing lawsuit to address AOS and Naturalization delays:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Just a quick question: What do you mean by "Naturalization petitions ALREADY have a legally built-in time limit of 6 months, so there is already legal recourse in place for these ones. They simply have to choose to exercise it."?

Sorry guys I know this is not related to this Forum but Nelsona is very knowledgeable.