Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

How does the visa numbers work?

It works like this - there are about 3000 visas for EB-2 India per year - including dependents. Every year many tens of thousands apply in that category. The exact number is unknown. Which means only a fraction of people will get greencards. The rest wait for next year's quota to open up, which happens in Oct. This year EB-2 India visas are almost gone, in just 2 months! With your PD of Oct 2002, EB-2 India, you may have to wait many more years.

Since his PD (Oct 2002, EB-2 India) is not current, he will not get his greencard in Dec, or Jan 2008. Since the Jan bulletin says that EB-2 India may go "unavailable" soon, it's very likely he won't get his GC in FY 2008, which ends in Sep. The earliest he can hope for is Oct 2008, however I suspect the dates will remain retrogressed next year too - just as EB-3 has remained virtually stagnant since Dec 2005.

It's probably a waste of time forcing FP through infopass. Let the application take its own course - what's the hurry?

You can log on to http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html for Visa Bulletin. The PD for Dec is 1 Jan 02 and for Jan 08 it is 2000. Rest with USCIS it is God's Grace. It's Gods will. Just Pray and we wish that you get GC this month instead of waiting for Jan 08. Please try to go early if possible for FP as some centers accept the FP. If you have not received the letter in mail, please Take Info Pas and ask the IO to give you letter for FP. That can work faster and try doing this week or latest next week before Holidays start from 24th Dec 07.
We wish you all the best.
Suresh EB3

Last edited by a moderator:
It works like this - there are about 3000 visas for EB-2 India per year - including dependents. Every year many tens of thousands apply in that category. The exact number is unknown. Which means only a fraction of people will get greencards. The rest wait for next year's quota to open up, which happens in Oct. This year EB-2 India visas are almost gone, in just 2 months! With your PD of Oct 2002, EB-2 India, you may have to wait many more years.

I just wanted to clarify the statemant about 3000 EB2 Indian visas per year. This is not quite accurate. Indias and China's 7% are not required to be evenly distributed by category. the only limit is the ~10,000 visas; These could be all EB1 or EB2 or EB3 or any mixture if the applications are there. Its not mandated to be 3000 of each.

Small example: if there are, say 400000 Eb2 apps on file and 25000 of them are Indian. There is nothing stopping CIS from issuing 8000 0r 10000 of these to indians. This would use up much of Eb1 and Eb3 for India

Small example: if there are, say 400000 Eb2 apps on file and 25000 of them are Indian. There is nothing stopping CIS from issuing 8000 0r 10000 of these to indians. This would use up much of Eb1 and Eb3 for India

Each category has it's own quota. CIS cannot arbitrarily take away visa numbers from one category and give them to another. So for example if demand for EB-2 and EB-3 are 6000 each, they cannot take away numbers from EB-3 and give them to EB-2.

Each category has it's own quota. CIS cannot arbitrarily take away visa numbers from one category and give them to another. So for example if demand for EB-2 and EB-3 are 6000 each, they cannot take away numbers from EB-3 and give them to EB-2.

Towards the year end, if they estimate that Eb1 is not going to utilize all numbers, then it flows to Eb2. Since India EB1 is current, i think there is a chance of some numbers flowing to India Eb2.

Towards the year end, if they estimate that Eb1 is not going to utilize all numbers, then it flows to Eb2. Since India EB1 is current, i think there is a chance of some numbers flowing to India Eb2.

The limiting factor on India EB1 or EB2 or EB3, will not be the category quota, but will be the India 7% quota. Once these are used up, all 3 will go to Unavailable. Any trickle down of Eb1 will indeed go to Eb2, but will not benefit Eb2 india.

As you say each category has a quota, but the per coutry limit overrides this. And each category does 'rob' from the others, by law. Unused Eb1 goes to Eb2, Unused Eb2 goes to Eb3 -- this is by law.

But the percountry limit is not category-based. There can be anything from 0 to 10,000 Indain Eb2's and/or 0 to 10,000 Indian Eb3's. Any combination that adds to 10,000.

Yours is a popular misconception. Sorry.

AC21 Question Again

I know this question is asked in this forum multiple times, please bear with me for one more time.

My I-485 is pending for 18 months. My I-140 got approved before I filed my 485. So now I am planning to change my job and join a new employer. Last time I checked with my company's lawyers, they said that nothing needs to be done from my side, and no documentation needed to be sent to USCIS.

If anyone in this forum has experience with this, please advice what needs to be done before I switch my employer. Example letters, urls with documentation lists etc...anything would help.

Thanks a ton.

I was talking to a lawyer at some big tech company here in Silicon Valley, and they told me that nothing needs to be filed for AC21. They claimed that AC21 documents will cause more confusion to USCIS, than they will help. What you may want to do is H1 Transfer, so that you don't have to use EAD and can remain in H1 status.

On the other hand, on some lawyer's Web pages I read that if your previous employer will decide to withdraw I-140 (they do it very rarely, when angry), then you will receive a NOID (Notice Of Intent to Deny) for I-485. Your lawyer will have to promptly reply and provide some documentation related to AC21, employment verification letter, pay stubs and your new Job Description.

Here comes the beauty of US law system - Given that Job Description relates to a *future* position (the one you will have to take at the time of GC approval), lawyers feel free to take liberties with the actual Job Description, to make it very close to what you had at the previous company.

I know this question is asked in this forum multiple times, please bear with me for one more time.

My I-485 is pending for 18 months. My I-140 got approved before I filed my 485. So now I am planning to change my job and join a new employer. Last time I checked with my company's lawyers, they said that nothing needs to be done from my side, and no documentation needed to be sent to USCIS.

If anyone in this forum has experience with this, please advice what needs to be done before I switch my employer. Example letters, urls with documentation lists etc...anything would help.

Thanks a ton.

LUV date update on I140 after approval

Hi! I filed my I-485 on 06/29/07, I noticed today that I received a LUD update on my already approved I-140 petition. Gurus does this mean any thing?

Thanks

I got I-140 LUD on 11/25/2007, more than a year after approval. However, NC was still pending on 12/03/2007. I think it's nothing more than some DB maintenance updates.

Hi! I filed my I-485 on 06/29/07, I noticed today that I received a LUD update on my already approved I-140 petition. Gurus does this mean any thing?

Thanks

Pending I-485 for dependent student & in-state university fee

Gurus

Appreciate your inputs/help in our dilemma.

Background for question:

My PD is Dec-2003 in EB2 category, which is now retrogressed to Jan 2000. Applied for I-485 for myself, daughter and wife in June 2007. RD is July 13 2007. Got AP and EAD approved for entire family in October/November 2007. FP done in Aug 2007.

I am in TX and all my applications are processed at Nebraska as my employer is in state of IL.

My daughter is applying for colleges in TX for fall 2008.

My question:
My question is pending my daughter's AOS or approval of I-485 would she be considered as international student? or In-State student?

Is there a any directive that lets pending I-485 applicants' to be considered as In-state student to get the benefit of reduced fee in university/colleges?

Appreciate your response and Thanks in advance.

My Regards to all
Shiva
:confused::confused::confused:

My EAD is expiring soon. My H-1B is expiring in May 2008. My attorney office is advising to renew H-1B also. (ore money for them) What should i do? Just renew EAD or Renew both?

Pay for EAD and have employer pay for H1B. This is lawyers advise: it should be forwarded to employer as they are the sponsor.