Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I think they should bring a legislation, saying everyone who has been here legally from the past XX years and paying taxes, just apply for citizenship with proof of your status and taxes paid!! may be collect 5k for citizen fees??

This is what a logcal person would do, so obvioulsy that will never happen.

It is much better, and typical, to make sure these people get stuck in NAME CHECK. After all, since they have always paid all taxes and stayed out of trouble, they must surely be up to something shady.

How long did it take the senator to get you the response.
I am in New Jersey state. Any idea who the best person is to contact?
President/First Lady/Senator/Congressman....

Well, I wrote to Senator on October, 2. They inquired FBI in twenties of October. The recent mail was dated by December, 4. So, FBI has replied approx. in one month, total ping time was little bit over 2 months.

I think they should bring a legislation, saying everyone who has been here legally from the past XX years and paying taxes, just apply for citizenship with proof of your status and taxes paid!! may be collect 5k for citizen fees??
csrini1,

I have heard after RFE replied Decision is made with in 60 days.
I can see you have been stuck there for long. what did u'r message say on 485?

I also had RFE for not submitting Medcial after we recplied the message changed to
" we received your response to our request for evidence .........You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing ..........."

Just curious 60 days is not 6 years.

EB2 PD Aug 2003

Guys, I am a silent observer till date. I am one of the name check sufferrers. My PD date is OCt2002. I 485 reciept date is June 28th 2006. It's been stuckin name check for past 18 months. Recently when i called USCIS nov 20 i came to know my name check is cleared from FBI. The lady told that my case is at the officer. Today i had gone to the local office to make sure if the name check is cleared. The OI at local office told that my NC is cleared on Nov 16th and waiting for approval. Any idea how much time does this process take. It's close to a month since my NC is approved. She also told me that my finger prints are OK. But to my knowledge finger prints are valid for only 15 months and mine was given is august. Should ask to schedule for finger prints or just keep quiet?

Any suggestions? Does anyone know how much time it would take for approval?

Thanks
Hi Raj
which CAT is yours???? EB 2 or EB 3? Please check Visa availability too. If it is with IO you should have the good news soon. we all pray for you.

Hi

Hi Raj
which CAT is yours???? EB 2 or EB 3? Please check Visa availability too. If it is with IO you should have the good news soon. we all pray for you.

Hi mine is EB2 category. I dont know if there is a visa number for me since EB2 retrogressed to 2000. My PD is OCT2002. By the way i came to know that USCIS als0 requested my finger prints recently after my name check was cleared on nov 16th. I also see an LUD for 140 on this date.

How does the visa numbers work? I have a friend whose PD is March 2004 and he got his GC on December 6th and it was not current for him that time.

Fedup with this wait.

Hi mine is EB2 category. I dont know if there is a visa number for me since EB2 retrogressed to 2000. My PD is OCT2002. By the way i came to know that USCIS als0 requested my finger prints recently after my name check was cleared on nov 16th. I also see an LUD for 140 on this date.

How does the visa numbers work? I have a friend whose PD is March 2004 and he got his GC on December 6th and it was not current for him that time.

Fedup with this wait.
You can log on to http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html for Visa Bulletin. The PD for Dec is 1 Jan 02 and for Jan 08 it is 2000. Rest with USCIS it is God's Grace. It's Gods will. Just Pray and we wish that you get GC this month instead of waiting for Jan 08. Please try to go early if possible for FP as some centers accept the FP. If you have not received the letter in mail, please Take Info Pas and ask the IO to give you letter for FP. That can work faster and try doing this week or latest next week before Holidays start from 24th Dec 07.
We wish you all the best.
Suresh EB3

Reply to SN4GC - Wrong Priority Date on I 140

SN4GC,

I have exact the same problem with my I-140 priority date on the approval notice. It has been 4 months before I finally realized the problem.

My LC (EB-2) priority date is 2002/07/24, while the I-140 approval notice has a PD of 2007/06/29, which is the receipt date. I could not believe USCIS-NSC made such mistakes.

I contacted my attroney, and she sent emergency correction request via their faxline, it has been 3 weeks, nothing yet happened. I also sent a couple of requests via FAX to USCIS-NSC, one got mailed back by USCIS-NSC one week later telling me that they don't have requests from beneficiaries.

Would you share with me your process on the correction, so we can get this issue resolved more efficiently? I learned from other sources that USCIS may take really long time on such requests.

Thanks and good luck!

waitingHoping,

Sorry to hear that from you. As I said anything can happen with USCIS, they are just playing with people like us. My attoreney informed me that he can correct it by Phone and I think he sent a request to USCIS to correct the PD. I am just waiting to check back on that since it's only 3 days back I contacted him. I will contact him again in the next week. Attorneys shud check whether the information is correct or not on all the approvals...they are another set of lousy assoles after the USCIS and DOS assoles ..and these stupids dunno what they are doing.

Good luck..and will be in touch with you.

SN

SN4GC,

I have exact the same problem with my I-140 priority date on the approval notice. It has been 4 months before I finally realized the problem.

My LC (EB-2) priority date is 2002/07/24, while the I-140 approval notice has a PD of 2007/06/29, which is the receipt date. I could not believe USCIS-NSC made such mistakes.

I contacted my attroney, and she sent emergency correction request via their faxline, it has been 3 weeks, nothing yet happened. I also sent a couple of requests via FAX to USCIS-NSC, one got mailed back by USCIS-NSC one week later telling me that they don't have requests from beneficiaries.

Would you share with me your process on the correction, so we can get this issue resolved more efficiently? I learned from other sources that USCIS may take really long time on such requests.

Thanks and good luck!

On wrong I-140 priority date issue

SN4GC,

We have an in-house attorney, so she normally acts pretty promptly since we are employees from the same company.

She called a couple of times to USCIS, got comments from IO that it may take more than 45 days to hear from them for confirmation (of correction). She says she is to send another fax and make weekly inquiries.

My correct I-140 PD for my countries is current, but with this mistake, who know what can happen. I plan to contact some other external source if I have to. I wonder whether a lawsuit is appropriate for our situations against USCIS-NSC.

I will post any update I may have regarding this.

Thanks!

I dunno whether a lawsuit is appropriate or not in our situations against USCIS-NSC. Today I called NSC and the IO don't have an idea what is a PD on 140 Approval. She contacted some one and informed me with a mailing address, that we need to send a letter with all documents. After that they will request our file and do investigation. B'coz of some dumb assoles working @ NSC we have to suffer with this kind of problems.

Here is the mailing address :

IIO / SIIO
P.O.Box : 87172
LINCOLN
NE 68501-7172.

The letter shud go thru your Attorney or your Sponsering Company.

Good luck

SN

SN4GC,

We have an in-house attorney, so she normally acts pretty promptly since we are employees from the same company.

She called a couple of times to USCIS, got comments from IO that it may take more than 45 days to hear from them for confirmation (of correction). She says she is to send another fax and make weekly inquiries.

My correct I-140 PD for my countries is current, but with this mistake, who know what can happen. I plan to contact some other external source if I have to. I wonder whether a lawsuit is appropriate for our situations against USCIS-NSC.

I will post any update I may have regarding this.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
SN4GC,

Thanks very much for your information. I feel the same way as you do that USCIS IOs don't know their job well enough.
I also called USCIS for error correction service, and I got a comment from a very impatient lady. She first asked me where I filed the case (which is NSC), then she gave me a fax number of 402-219-6171, asking me to send a FAX with a cover letter explaining what the intended correction request, together with a copy of I-140 approval notice. I explained to her that I am the beneficiary, she emphasized with "THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO - WHAT ELSE CAN I HELP YOU?". I did send a fax today.
I am a bit frustrated on that different advice/instructions are received different times.
I may need to wait one more week to see what my attorney has got. The information you provided is also worth a try.

THANKS and GOOD LUCK to you too.

waitingHoping,

Thanks for sharing the info. Can you please upload the letter format you used to send them. I will modify it and fax/MAIL them with all my Docs. I am planning to contact Congressman too.

Thanks
SN

SN4GC,

Thanks very much for your information. I feel the same way as you do that USCIS IOs don't know their job well enough.
I also called USCIS for error correction service, and I got a comment from a very impatient lady. She first asked me where I filed the case (which is NSC), then she gave me a fax number of 402-219-6171, asking me to send a FAX with a cover letter explaining what the intended correction request, together with a copy of I-140 approval notice. I explained to her that I am the beneficiary, she emphasized with "THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO - WHAT ELSE CAN I HELP YOU?". I did send a fax today.
I am a bit frustrated on that different advice/instructions are received different times.
I may need to wait one more week to see what my attorney has got. The information you provided is also worth a try.

THANKS and GOOD LUCK to you too.

SN4GC,

Here is what I put on the cover letter. Hope it helps at all since I am not sure whether they will send back as they did upon realizing it is from beneficiary. You may ask your HR to do so.

---------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Priority Date correction to approved I-140 (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXX)

Dear Immigration Officer,

It was noticed on my I-140 approval notice that the Priority Date has been incorrect.
Per advice from an USCIS immigration officer, I send this fax to request an emergency
correction to the typographical error.

Alien Number: AXXX XXX XXX
Approved I-140 case ID: LIN-XX-XXX-XXXX
LC based Priority Date: XX/XX/2002
Incorrect PD on I-140: XX/XX/2007

Send with the fax is the copy of the I-140 approval notice.

Thanks in advance for your attention and prompt action!
---------------------------------------------------------------

WP

SN4GC,

Here is what I put on the cover letter. Hope it helps at all since I am not sure whether they will send back as they did upon realizing it is from beneficiary. You may ask your HR to do so.

It was noticed on my I-140 approval notice that the Priority Date has been incorrect.
Per advice from an USCIS immigration officer, I send this fax to request an emergency

WP
Suggestion. Also with the above letter please attach the copy of LC approval where the PD is mentioned (Highlight with Yellow marker). This will help to co-relate and understand the mistake.
suresh

Thanks for sharing the cover letter. I will modify this accordingly and will mail/fax it to USCIS.

SN

SN4GC,

WP

Suresh,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that.

SN

Suggestion. Also with the above letter please attach the copy of LC approval where the PD is mentioned (Highlight with Yellow marker). This will help to co-relate and understand the mistake.
suresh

Hi
Do we receive any updates once they get name checks ? I see couple of LUDs recently ?
Thanks in advance.

cheers