Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Congratulations athayyar. Yours is one of the last set of applications getting approved today :)
I had given up on my GC this year, but wanted to call and check in.
Here is a play by play

11:49 AM
Me: Hi, good morning, i am calling to check on my security clearance/name check.

IO: Ok receipt # please

Me: LINxxxxxxxxxx

IO: Hmm...name, address....
Me: blah blah
IO: ok it looks like you are through security clearance..hmm let me check. Oh your application was approved.
Me. huh!!
IO: Yeah your app was approved earlier this morning.

WooHoo.....

I got an email later in the afternoon confirming this.

Glad its over......

Good luck everyone

Labor Filing Date: 05 May 2002
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB2
485:
USCIS Received Date: 04 Oct 2006
USCIS Notice Date: 16 Oct 2006
Filing Type: non-concurrent
Fingerprinting Date 1: 24 Nov 2006
RFE: no RFE Reply Date:
Name Check Status: approved
Name Check Approval Date: 19 Nov 2007
I-485 Status: approved
Approval Date: 30 Nov 2007
Notes: FP:Code 3, LUD:12/27, 01/02, 02/27 10/12:Talked to IO at NSC: Stuck in NC. Name Check cleared. App on its way to an officer for final approval. 11/30:Talked to IO & she confirmed that the app was approved this morning. Just got the email! Done and Done.

What number do you call to get security clearance info?
When ever I call, they say that the reps do not have access to such info and I need to open an inquiry.
I had given up on my GC this year, but wanted to call and check in.
Here is a play by play

11:49 AM
Me: Hi, good morning, i am calling to check on my security clearance/name check.

IO: Ok receipt # please

Me: LINxxxxxxxxxx

IO: Hmm...name, address....
Me: blah blah
IO: ok it looks like you are through security clearance..hmm let me check. Oh your application was approved.
Me. huh!!
IO: Yeah your app was approved earlier this morning.

WooHoo.....

I got an email later in the afternoon confirming this.

Glad its over......

Good luck everyone

Labor Filing Date: 05 May 2002
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB2
485:
USCIS Received Date: 04 Oct 2006
USCIS Notice Date: 16 Oct 2006
Filing Type: non-concurrent
Fingerprinting Date 1: 24 Nov 2006
RFE: no RFE Reply Date:
Name Check Status: approved
Name Check Approval Date: 19 Nov 2007
I-485 Status: approved
Approval Date: 30 Nov 2007
Notes: FP:Code 3, LUD:12/27, 01/02, 02/27 10/12:Talked to IO at NSC: Stuck in NC. Name Check cleared. App on its way to an officer for final approval. 11/30:Talked to IO & she confirmed that the app was approved this morning. Just got the email! Done and Done.

Use the POJ method.

Call 800-375-5283
Enter 1-2-2-6-1-LIN/SRC/EAC#-1-1-3-4
If your app is at NSC, you should hear "You are being transferred to Nebraska Srv Center"
Also if you do get thru to NSC the wait times are usually 5-10 mins or mabe more.
If you get connected immed., you most likely have been connected to NSC (national srv center) . these guys dont know much, so hang up and try again.
I have called at between 11:30 AM-12:30 PM Eastern Time and always got through.

When you get thru to an IO, ask them very specially that you are calling to check if name check has been approved. They open up another program to check.

What number do you call to get security clearance info?
When ever I call, they say that the reps do not have access to such info and I need to open an inquiry.

immigration-law.com skeptical about approvals without FBI NC

Here is a more skeptical note

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

What I don't understand is why they're saying that USCIS would previously approve without namecheck in the presense of mandamus lawsuit. I thought it was a formal grounds for expediting NC, not approval *without* NC. Here is a quote from the text below : "... this action raised a serious polical outcry for the agency compromising the nation's security by adjudicating applications without the name check results, leading to suspension of the DHS informal policy ...".

12/02/2007: News of DHS Plan to Approve Immigration Applications Without FBI Name Check Results After Certain Months Stirs Confusion

- A couple of sources reported lately that DHS was planning to place a cap on the FBI fingerprint check period and should the agency fail to receive the FBI report within certain undisclosed period of time, the agency will proceed with adjudication of pending immigration applications. Reportedly, the information was released at a DHS meeting with the immigration stakeholders but there are no details of information available about the so-called plan of change of course in managing homeland security matter.

- This reminds of the agency's past history in 1998 acting on the backlogs in CIA clearance for over one year causing a huge I-485 backlogs for years and announcing that the INS would adjudicate pending I-485 applications without waiting for the CIA completion of the security clearance on a condition that should the CIA report indicate a negative information, the INS would "revoke" the approved I-485 applications. The people who suffered the most from the lack of coordination betweren the INS and the CIA at the time were Chinese. The INS stop-gap action stirred some political concern and short-lived. The CIA clearance backlogs gradually improved afterwards helping the INS to remove the 485 backlogs over a period of time.

- Such unusual stop-gap action was taken "before" 9/11. Since 9/11, the security and name checks have presented the DHS with a challenging task of balancing betweein securing homeland and reducing clearance time. The FBI name checks have presented a serious problem of backlogs particularly in two areas: One is name check backlogs in the new hires of federal government employees and the other is the immigration backlogs. According to the CIS Ombudsman reports, in 2006 the DHS had about 82,824 backlogs pending more than one year. and in 2007 the number increased to 106,738 cases. Such backlogs induced federal litigations in the form of mandamus actions by the applicants with some successful results. The burden of such litigations on the DHS financial and litigation resources has mounted over the years. In order to deal with the problem, the USCIS one time "informally" handled such problem by approving applications (I-485 and natulalization cases) when the applicants brought mandamus actions in the federal courts. Such action had brought a boom of business for some immigration lawyers rushing to filing of a sort of "massive" mandamus actions. Obviously, this action raised a serious polical outcry for the agency compromising the nation's security by adjudicating applications without the name check results, leading to suspension of the DHS informal policy and a subsequent announcement that the agency would not give any favorable consideration in adjudication of applications where a federal lawsuit was pending.

- The environment of the agency's security management indeed changed before and after 9/11 and the precedent of INS approving I-485 applications without name check results without prejudice to potential revocation of such approved I-485 applications afterwards may not be that easily reintroduced as the agency will have to overcome two hurdles: A political pressure in the upcoming national election and a potential compromise of security. There was a legislative proposal in the Congress in one of the FY 2008 appropriation bills (CJS Appropriation Bill) which mandated the DHS to adjudicate immigration and naturalization applications, should the FBI fail to clear the name checks within six months from the effective date of the legislation. This legislation has yet to be finalized. Please stay tuned.

Here is a reference to INS/CIA policy notes:
http://www.murthy.com/arc_news/a_inseli.html
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news124.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Friends,

Hope all of you had good thanksgiving holidays. Those of you having experience please share the knowledge. Here is the dates.

EB3 (India) Labor Filed (RIR): Feb/24/2002
Labor Approved: Nov/2004
I-140 Filed: Dec/2005
I-140 Approved: April 15, 2006

EB2 (India) PERM filed: Oct, 2006
PERM Approved: Nov 2006
Filed I-140, I-485, AP & EAD: Dec 9, 2006
Receipt Date: jan 6, 2007
FP: Feb 21, 2007
EAD & AP Approved: March 3, 2007
I-140 Approval: Aug 13, 2007
CRIS email notice of "Card production ordered": 11/27/07
CRIS email notice of "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident": 11/28/07

What other process is attached after this ? Will I be getting email about I-485 approval ? any emails like permanent residency Card sent out ? Any idea when permanent residency card will be issued ? etc

Thanks

Anand,
It seems youa re close to the end. A small question: looking at your datea associated with yuour journey, apparently you captured the PD Feb/24/2002 for EB2. Is that right?
Thanks.
H.

G-325A and namechecks

I remember some discussions in this thread on what information is sent to FBI for performing the namechecks (e.g. country of origin, home address, etc). Here is a post from 12/01/99:

http://www.immigration-law.com/What's-new.html

Updated 12/01/99: Mistery of Agency Checks: G-325A for 485 Documentation

People will remember that as a part of 485 filing, they completed, signed, and submitted INS Form G-325A which is a four-page carbon copy document. Under the immigration law, certain aliens are removable and ineligible for permanent residence in the U.S., which include, among others, crimes, security risks, frauds, etc. These forms are used to check with the relevant agencies their records. Along with the photos and fingerprints, these documents provide key tools for the INS to sort out ineligible aliens. The colored copies are forwarded to the following agencies for the record checks:
- White sheet (1st page): Stays with the INS
- Green sheet (2nd page): Goes to FBI
- Pink sheet (3rd page): Goes to CIA
- Blue sheet (4th page): Goes to the American Consulate of the alien's permanent residence

> ND stands for NOtice Date?

Yes. I think receive date (RD) or notice date (ND) are all the same from the stand point of WOM - it's a proof that you waited for 2 years.

> Hwo did you ascertain that yor case is stuck with FBI namecheck since such-n-such date?

Infopass - go there, and ask them when the NC was sent to FBI. They will know exact date. Congressman injuiry should provide an additional proof. BTW, my FBI NC was stuck since 6/1/2006. June 1, 2007 was the last date when I checked with USCIS.

Thanks igor_ch. You are a great help and source of info. Looking at your dates in the signature, it seems you are using the PD of your original Labor. Is my understanding right?
Thanks.
H.

My first LC is completely abandoned. I-485 uses PD from the second LC (PD March 2006), and I did not attempt to transfer PD between LC applications. However, I'm EB2 and from Rest Of the World (ROW), so not retrogressed as of now. That's why I dropped my older LC without much hesitation.

Thanks igor_ch. You are a great help and source of info. Looking at your dates in the signature, it seems you are using the PD of your original Labor. Is my understanding right?
Thanks.
H.

Thanks for this, it worked
The nice lady told me that my namecheck is cleared and they are missing biometrics, but that was not scheduled. So, she went ahead and scheduled it.
Any idea how long it takes to get the biometrics appointment?
Use the POJ method.

Call 800-375-5283
Enter 1-2-2-6-1-LIN/SRC/EAC#-1-1-3-4
If your app is at NSC, you should hear "You are being transferred to Nebraska Srv Center"
Also if you do get thru to NSC the wait times are usually 5-10 mins or mabe more.
If you get connected immed., you most likely have been connected to NSC (national srv center) . these guys dont know much, so hang up and try again.
I have called at between 11:30 AM-12:30 PM Eastern Time and always got through.

When you get thru to an IO, ask them very specially that you are calling to check if name check has been approved. They open up another program to check.

Update: Spouse I-485 approval

On Friday 11/30/07, received I-485 card production e-mail for spouse. We responded to TB skin test & G-325 A RFE on Tuesday, 11/27/07.

NSC received on 11/28/07 and the online status updated to response received by the end of that day.

In about 2 days after that, we got the card production e-mail.

They were very quick in processing the RFE response.

Really relieved after receiving the e-mail.

I will update the forum when we receive the card in mail.

Can you please give a detail of what the TB Skin RFE was?

My physician took Medicals twice. So he did not take the skin test second time, since it was positive the first time. Just gave the chest X-ray test and said it was normal.

On Friday 11/30/07, received I-485 card production e-mail for spouse. We responded to TB skin test & G-325 A RFE on Tuesday, 11/27/07.

NSC received on 11/28/07 and the online status updated to response received by the end of that day.

In about 2 days after that, we got the card production e-mail.

They were very quick in processing the RFE response.

Really relieved after receiving the e-mail.

I will update the forum when we receive the card in mail.

Did anyone have this situation? Both of our cases (spouse and I) are sent to NSC. Any idea?

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On December 3, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I485 - 2/21/2007 ND (Pending since than)

Last edited by a moderator:

and shusterman has removed that news from his ticker section.. my impression of wom is that the fbi expedites and clears the namecheck after the wom first followed by the uscis adjudication. let's wait to hear from the uscis/dhs directly. they don't need messy legislative approvals to implement what was proposed in the immigration daily- ilw update.

Hello Harry04, you are right. I got email that Nov 30 2007, the I-485 approval notice is sent. Thanks and wish you wonderful luck.

NC blackhole

Just went to Infopass appointment. I hoped that with recent movement in 2006 cases, mine could move as well. False hopes, it's still in NC blackhole... for 1.5 years now. The officer suggested that FBI could've sent case to my home country for processing.

Thanks friends and all of you who shared the experience. Finally I got the email that the Notice of approval has been sent for I-485. Wish all of you very good luck and happiness

Hi,
Last week I got two emails one says card production ordered and another with welcoming new premanent residence email.Can I assume my GC got approved or still needs to get any email from USCIS. How long will it take to recieve the physical card in mail.

Please let me know.

Case detail:

India / EB2 / Priority Date Oct 2002
Got EAD card 2 months back.

and shusterman has removed that news from his ticker section.. my impression of wom is that the fbi expedites and clears the namecheck after the wom first followed by the uscis adjudication. let's wait to hear from the uscis/dhs directly. they don't need messy legislative approvals to implement what was proposed in the immigration daily- ilw update.

It was obviously too good to be true. The wait continues.

Received GC in mail today

Finally the long journey comes to an end .
Received GC in the mail today
Good luck to everyone