Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

> ND stands for NOtice Date?

Yes. I think receive date (RD) or notice date (ND) are all the same from the stand point of WOM - it's a proof that you waited for 2 years.

> Hwo did you ascertain that yor case is stuck with FBI namecheck since such-n-such date?

Infopass - go there, and ask them when the NC was sent to FBI. They will know exact date. Congressman injuiry should provide an additional proof. BTW, my FBI NC was stuck since 6/1/2006. June 1, 2007 was the last date when I checked with USCIS.

Thanks, igor_ch. It helps. I will go through the link soon. BTW, ND stands for NOtice Date?

Also I was looking at your particulars. Hwo did you ascertain that yor case is stuck with FBI namecheck since such-n-such date?
Thanks in adv.
H.

who asked to thank 'your quote' "IndianVoice"? you're presuming a lot of stuff here.. take it easy, alrighty??

In that site most of the members are from India and the discussions often times fall to India only topics. I think that is why it is called 'IndianVoice' .
But i believe they have strong active members from Europe too.
Also, a lot of people are incensed at the fact that lot of "INDIANS" got the opportunity to apply for I-485 due to the mistake made by USCIS , since offended parties believe there will be too many INDIANS roaming around in USA and violating the 7% country quota.

AILA has this in their recent posting section:

Secretary Chertoff Advises of Changes in FBI Name Check Clearance Process

unfortunately I don't have access to the full posting :(

Hello Gurus,
I have been a silent viewer of this forum , my 485 says approved but my wifes is still pending , can any one suggest what needs to be done.

Thank you

In that site most of the members are from India and the discussions often times fall to India only topics. I think that is why it is called 'IndianVoice' .
But i believe they have strong active members from Europe too.
Also, a lot of people are incensed at the fact that lot of "INDIANS" got the opportunity to apply for I-485 due to the mistake made by USCIS , since offended parties believe there will be too many INDIANS roaming around in USA and violating the 7% country quota.

i understand.. but why blame one or two ethnic groups when the problem lies somewhere else? regarding the july fiasco, the reason they allowed filing was mainly due to aila/ailf's and one congresswoman's (from the bay area) threats of lawsuits and legislative actions.

regarding lobbying, i think the anti-immigrant lobbies (fill in the names here), legal or illegal are much stronger and have much wider support base in this country. in the last republican presidential debate they called 'immigration' the third rail of politics in 2007-8.

on country quota, i have been around on this website loooong enough.. we have had a lot of discussions on this and related topics in the last 4-5 years, and frankly, i don't have the patience and energy to go over all that all over again. there were a lot of bad bloods drawn and one very knowledgeable and helpful person had to leave the threads because of all that.

btw, i'm from india, and i personally know a lot of indians and chinese and some europeans in the bay area who are stuck in this mess since 2000-2002. it's really sad.

Did this happen to anyone !!!

Hi I received my GC on 13th Nov (I am a primary applicant)
But there is no movement in my spouse GC, her name check was cleared long back.
I took an infopass yesterday, the lady told me,
* she can't tell much.
* our cases are treated differently.
* Her is under review.
* Ask us to mail to NC about enquiry, instead phone call.

Does this happened to anyone.....?
mostly I saw Primary and dependent getting approved togather...!!!
advice please....:eek:

Thanks

Hello Gurus,
I have been a silent viewer of this forum , my 485 says approved but my wifes is still pending , can any one suggest what needs to be done.

Thank you

If you are approved and spouse is not, the reason is surely name check. You need to get an infopass appt to ask why her case is not approved. If the situatuion were reversed, neither of you would have GC.

Hi I received my GC on 13th Nov (I am a primary applicant)
But there is no movement in my spouse GC, her name check was cleared long back.
I took an infopass yesterday, the lady told me,
* she can't tell much.
* our cases are treated differently.
* Her is under review.
* Ask us to mail to NC about enquiry, instead phone call.

Does this happened to anyone.....?
mostly I saw Primary and dependent getting approved togather...!!!
advice please....:eek:

Thanks

See previous answer. The only starnge thing about your story is that usually, going in person gets you more info that mailing. The agent was being typically uncooperative, however.

Heaven's doors have finally opened for this sufferer!

Dear Friends and fellow sufferers,

I had totally given up, since today is the last day before retrogression kicks in, and at 3.00 PM, I checked my mail and could not believe my eyes.....

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My heart truly bleeds for all my friends here, Venram, Nelsona, and many more, who silently take in misery, one day at a time. This may be the end of the journey for me here, but I shall pray that each single one of you gets to see the conclusion/end of the journey, and thereby end of the misery soon. It took me 5 years, 11 months and 13 days to come of this hell hole.I had almost lost all hopes! My next goal is to seek a better job( not worrying about AC 21s anymore), and try to stabilize life for my family.

Best of luck and God bless to y'all.:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D:

I had totally given up, since today is the last day before retrogression kicks in, and at 3.00 PM, I checked my mail and could not believe my eyes.....

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My heart truly bleeds for all my friends here, Venram, Nelsona, and many more, who silently take in misery, one day at a time. This may be the end of the journey for me here, but I shall pray that each single one of you gets to see the conclusion/end of the journey, and thereby end of the misery soon. It took me 5 years, 11 months and 13 days to come of this hell hole.I had almost lost all hopes! My next goal is to seek a better job( not worrying about AC 21s anymore), and try to stabilize life for my family.

Amen, congrats and all the best, nokin. The namecheck rumours are bouying my faith, as are the happy conclusions reached by the oldtimers in the past few weeks.. and to have made iut at the last possible second. How satisfying to beat the system!!!

ohhh... please dont go............ stay with us........

Just kidding... We feel very happy for you... Congratulations !!! Now you can really enjoy your life without this hassle...

Keep praying for the rest of us!!!

Congratulations !!!, did you get the card ordered email directly with out the welcome notice?

Direct order mail no-nothing in between

People,

Specially Venram,Nelsona, do not for a moment believe, in this NC crap! Till 2-3 days ago IO maintained that the damn NC is still on. They have no idea what the actual 'production tier' of IOs are doing, or what they have(cases) in hand! USCIS is definitely acting more on haphazard queues, than on a particular structure to follow. Otherwise why should people, as late as Oct/Nov 2002, for that matter 2003 were cleared earlier?? So don't be surprised that you would get an out-of-the-blue message like mine. The only problem: the new hell hole called "Retrogression".:(

Johny to answer your question, yes I got this mail directly without any messages earlier on. Like I said earlier nothing at all like 'welcome....blah' et al.( many people got that).

Now, I have to see when are we getting our so called green cards( 4 nos.)!!!:)

Best of luck and God Bless to you all....he WILL pick up the right guys from the pit, sooner or later! Keep your faith and sanity in check.

Amen, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare,Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Congratulations !!!, did you get the card ordered email directly with out the welcome notice?

Here you go, not much info: http://www.durrani.com/docs/FBI Process.pdf

AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 07113061

In a meeting with AILA and other organizations, DHS Secretary Chertoff indicated that USCIS and the FBI are changing parts of the name check process, with the expected result that a large proportion of the backlog should be cleared within six months. The changes are consistent with Secretary Chertoff's risk management approach. The Secretary hopes that, in addition to clearing the backlog, a large percentage of the kinds of applications and situations that have previously been caught in name check delays will, in the future, be cleared quickly. However, he cautions that some checks still will be delayed by investigations, but that that number should represent a small proportion of the numbers previously delayed.

AILA has this in their recent posting section:

unfortunately I don't have access to the full posting :(

...... However, he cautions that some checks still will be delayed by investigations,....

Nowhere it is mentioned about the policy of approving the application while background check is progressing in the background.
There is still 'scope' for WOM :)

I had given up on my GC this year, but wanted to call and check in.
Here is a play by play

11:49 AM
Me: Hi, good morning, i am calling to check on my security clearance/name check.

IO: Ok receipt # please

Me: LINxxxxxxxxxx

IO: Hmm...name, address....
Me: blah blah
IO: ok it looks like you are through security clearance..hmm let me check. Oh your application was approved.
Me. huh!!
IO: Yeah your app was approved earlier this morning.

WooHoo.....

I got an email later in the afternoon confirming this.

Glad its over......

Good luck everyone

Labor Filing Date: 05 May 2002
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB2
485:
USCIS Received Date: 04 Oct 2006
USCIS Notice Date: 16 Oct 2006
Filing Type: non-concurrent
Fingerprinting Date 1: 24 Nov 2006
RFE: no RFE Reply Date:
Name Check Status: approved
Name Check Approval Date: 19 Nov 2007
I-485 Status: approved
Approval Date: 30 Nov 2007
Notes: FP:Code 3, LUD:12/27, 01/02, 02/27 10/12:Talked to IO at NSC: Stuck in NC. Name Check cleared. App on its way to an officer for final approval. 11/30:Talked to IO & she confirmed that the app was approved this morning. Just got the email! Done and Done.

Nowhere it is mentioned about the policy of approving the application while background check is progressing in the background.
There is still 'scope' for WOM :)

yep, that's not encouraging. so far, we have two versions of the news. hopefully, we hear from the dhs directly soon.

On the positive side, read news ticker at http://www.shusterman.com

"... the USCIS will soon adopt a new policy wherein applications will be approved within a fixed number of days with, or without, an FBI name check."

They're saying it was known for a while, but was kept secret, so they probably have a source different than ILW or IV.

yep, that's not encouraging. so far, we have two versions of the news. hopefully, we hear from the dhs directly soon.

Last edited by a moderator: