Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Guys,

Today I got the "card production ordered" mail. Could this be it??

The Dec VB kicks in two days, where my EB2/India/2003 PD is no longer current. Does that mean I need to get approved before the end of Nov (that is, in two more days) or does the "card production ordered" actually means that the case is approved (and the visa number taken and is no longer dependent on the VB).

Really appreciate your inputs.

My understanding is that they only order card production if your GC has been approved. Approved means approved, no numbers or anything else to check, card production should be as simple as printing the plastic and mailing it out.

Guys,

The Dec VB kicks in two days, where my EB2/India/2003 PD is no longer current. Does that mean I need to get approved before the end of Nov (that is, in two more days) or does the "card production ordered" actually means that the case is approved (and the visa number taken and is no longer dependent on the VB).

WOM is Writ Of Mandamus.

It is a civil case brought against the government in the US District Court. You basically ask a judge to order USCIS to make a decision on your case. It usually helps if your case has been pending for a year or more.

THanks, MDwatch. To go for WOM, your PD must be current and I485 application must have been pending for a year or more? Right? How expensive is WOM? How long does it take to come to fruition?

How many people have had positive results from WOM.
Thanks again.
H.

Yes, PD has to be current. Judge is unlikely to demand expedited processing of a benefit you're not currently entitled to.

You will need at least 2 years of wait since ND, and many documented fruitless attempts to resolve this situation, before you can expect a favorable WOM ruling.

Read here for WOM details (thread is extremely long, but very informative):

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&pp=15&page=971

THanks, MDwatch. To go for WOM, your PD must be current and I485 application must have been pending for a year or more? Right? How expensive is WOM? How long does it take to come to fruition?

How many people have had positive results from WOM.
Thanks again.
H.

When did you learn about your NC clearance?

GotGC, When did you learn about the NC clearance and what is your 485 RD?What is your priority date?You are quite lucky to have got out of this hell hole before Visa dates retrogressed.

Anybody has any idea how the visa dates for EB 2 category for India/China are going to progress in Dec, Jan? I am just building myself for another hibernation period......:(

Guys,

Case is on a shelf waiting to be picked up?

I called NSC yesterday and the lady told me that my security check has cleared, and she will forward my case to officer. I called today and another nice lady told me that my case is on a shelf, waiting to be picked up by an officer, and the queue is by 485 receipt date, and the background check clearence date has some effect(?)

I have 2 days including today for something to happen. Otherwise who knows when. It is so near, but so far!

Wish you all the best, and hope you get assigned a visa number by tomorrow.

I called IO yesterday to check my status. It's not updated yet in their system abt the Name check process.After I told that I recieved a letter from FBI then he went on to check in another system and then Confirmed my Name check is done. He told it takes some more time to get updated on my case and then my case will go to an Officer....looks like by that time retrogression will come..so no hopes for this year..need to wait to see the Jan Bulletin.

Finally got Approved

After a looong 5.9 years of journy, my GC finally got approved.
Was a victim of DBEC for 5.2 years & finally by gods grace the remaining journy moved quickly. My wifes case is still pending. will update as soon as i have more info.

Thanks for your support & wealth of info.
I wish you all remaining folks the very best of the wishes & hope you all get your's soon.

485 pending, PD 12/2004, RD 10/2006

just called USCIS,

was told that they mailed a notice to my attorney on 11/16, but because it was only 13 days ago, the lady couldn't find out what it was, nor could she find out my NC status..

Question: when they approve 485, they should mail the notice to both applicant and attorney, right? Thanks! Hope the notice is a good one....

485 pending, PD 12/2004, RD 10/2006

just called USCIS,

was told that they mailed a notice to my attorney on 11/16, but because it was only 13 days ago, the lady couldn't find out what it was, nor could she find out my NC status..

Question: when they approve 485, they should mail the notice to both applicant and attorney, right? Thanks! Hope the notice is a good one....

what notice they mailed?? if you have receipt number, if can find the status for yourself online, like if they approved it or is it an rfe etc...

Guys,

you made it!! congrats!!

received card production email -- After 5 years

Finally received email that the card is in production.EB2 India with priority date Augusr 2002 and receipt date in December 2006 NSC.

Good luck & prayers - to all group members.

Significantly reduce name check backlogs in the next 6 months?

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=61

Update: Nov 28, 2007
IV has met officials from agencies and has raised this issue in the recent past. We have been informed that there is an effort being undertaken to significantly reduce name check backlogs in the next 6 months. IV has been bringing this issue to the attention of lawmakers and administration officials and we are happy to report this news to our members.

IV has also been closely monitoring the progress on the bill sponsored Congressman Clarke to fix the namecheck issue. There are indications that this may also move with the year end bills. Namecheck victims must continue to meet their congressmen and Senators and talk to them about this issue. Send us your feedback from these meetings to lobbyday@immigrationvoice.org so that we can continue to follow up with the lawmakers.

hopefully, something positive on fbi security check

Also, on ilw.com

FBI Delays To End

Immigration Daily has learned that the FBI name check delays that have stalled benefit applications may soon be a thing of the past. We understand that the Executive branch will soon provide name check clearances within a prescribed amount of time. If the clearance is not completed within the designated timeframe, the benefit will be approved by USCIS while the FBI continues to work on the security process in parallel. The rationale to move to this new process is not just better customer service for benefits applicants but also because it will enhance national security (our security demands that the bad guys be apprehended, not merely be denied immigration benefits). The background for this change of heart by the Executive branch is the fact that many federal courts have been coming down hard on excessive name check delays by the FBI. In fact, not only have some courts ordered expedited name check completions but in some cases courts have suggested that the courts have and would use their authority to adjudicate petitions if the Executive branch could not get its act together. The attorneys and litigants who have sought federal court relief over these last several years deserve credit for forcing the Executive branch to adopt a more effective policy in this area (when it does happen, hopefully very soon). Stay tuned.

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to editor@ilw.com.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, on ilw.com

FBI Delays To End

Immigration Daily has learned that the FBI name check delays that have stalled benefit applications may soon be a thing of the past.
... Stay tuned.

past wom filers and responsive federal courts are mainly responsible for this development. there have been some lobbying as well. we must thank them all for this development.

it would be really nice if we have 120-day rule for AOS cases also, enforced by the executive branch (white house) of the govt. since this would be an executive branch thing, i think it does not need to be legislated thru the congress, which will save a considerable amount of time and efforts.

Before we Thank IndianVoice for any 'lobbying' on this issue, let's remember that they like to take 'credit' for the 800,000 new 'names' that have been piled on top of ours in June/July.

While they whine to get IN-born retrogression and quota eliminated (USCIS made the June/July decision without regard for IV's complaints), they steadfastly REFUSED to do anything about name check, despite many complaints, since their leadership was not stuck in name check, their PDs were retrogressed.

Only now, seeing that their efforts against retrogression/quota were futile (except that now they are candidiates for namecheck all piled on top of us, and have the privilege of paying $700/yr for EAD/AP for the next 10 years), NOW they have seen the light about namecheck.

Too late for us poor souls who were not retrogressed but rather were waiting approval.

Shame on IV for trying to take ANY credit! Our only consolation is that IndianVoice does no harm (nor good ) anyways, while the agressively solicits their donations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Friends,

Hope all of you had good thanksgiving holidays. Those of you having experience please share the knowledge. Here is the dates.

EB3 (India) Labor Filed (RIR): Feb/24/2002
Labor Approved: Nov/2004
I-140 Filed: Dec/2005
I-140 Approved: April 15, 2006

EB2 (India) PERM filed: Oct, 2006
PERM Approved: Nov 2006
Filed I-140, I-485, AP & EAD: Dec 9, 2006
Receipt Date: jan 6, 2007
FP: Feb 21, 2007
EAD & AP Approved: March 3, 2007
I-140 Approval: Aug 13, 2007
CRIS email notice of "Card production ordered": 11/27/07
CRIS email notice of "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident": 11/28/07
CRIS email notice of "Approval notice sent" 11/30/2007 but update seen on USCIS website on 12/2/2007 and email received on 12/2/2007 @ 7 AM PST

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Friends,

Hope all of you had good thanksgiving holidays. Those of you having experience please share the knowledge. Here is the dates.

Labor Filed (RIR): Feb/24/2002
Labor Approved: Nov/2004
I-140 Filed: Dec/2005
I-140 Approved: April 15, 2006

PERM filed: Oct, 2006
PERM Approved: Nov 2006
Filed I-140, I-485, AP & EAD: Dec 9, 2006
Receipt Date: jan 6, 2007
EAD & AP Approved: March 3, 2007
I-140 Approval: Aug 13, 2007
CRIS email notice of "Card production ordered": 11/27/07
CRIS email notice of "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident": 11/28/07

What other process is attached after this ? Will I be getting email about I-485 approval ? any emails like permanent residency Card sent out ? Any idea when permanent residency card will be issued ? etc

Thanks

Geez, what more do you want?! Congratulations! Your card is in the mail. Now run along and enjoy your freedom!!:)

Dont they send email of I-485 approval ? When will I-485 approval happen ? I believe approval of I 485 means process is done, isnt it true ?

Yes, PD has to be current. Judge is unlikely to demand expedited processing of a benefit you're not currently entitled to.

You will need at least 2 years of wait since ND, and many documented fruitless attempts to resolve this situation, before you can expect a favorable WOM ruling.

Read here for WOM details (thread is extremely long, but very informative):

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&pp=15&page=971

Thanks, igor_ch. It helps. I will go through the link soon. BTW, ND stands for NOtice Date?

Also I was looking at your particulars. Hwo did you ascertain that yor case is stuck with FBI namecheck since such-n-such date?
Thanks in adv.
H.