Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

You got company

nokin,
You have a lot of friends here! I have been stuck with the process since Sep 02. My PD was current until last month but RD wasn't and now its the other way around. To make things worse, I am stuck in namecheck too ...

Mine stuck since Nov.2002.

Your name check is cleared.

Call USCIS on Monday and ask them the status. You may squeeze through before end of November.

Today, I recieved a letter from FBI stating that my Name check submission was processed and finalized on October 23rd, 2007. Did any one of you recieve such kind of letter ?? And also does this mean that my My name check is cleared ? They mentioned abt the letter I wrote to First Lady too.
I am worried...from Dec 1st '07 EB2 is retrogressed and my PD is Jun 3rd '02.

SN4GC

eb2 retrogression

I have been reading this forum silently and observing the events. My Labor (eb2) was filed in Jul 2002 and got approved in 2006 April and I file 485 in May 2006. Nothing happened as of yet ( no LUD after Jun13 2006). Looks like permanently stuck in Name Check ( If my parents had known this before my birth they would have named me differently to escape this check).

Anyways in Dec 2007 the dates will retrogress then will have 2things to deal with Visa Dates and NAme check.

Planning to file WOM as my dates are passed long ago as per the Processing times.

Any advice. Gurus???

I'm going to start WoM in the new year. i've been waiting three years in name check. generally, advice is wait 2 years or wom will be tossed out. It will also be tossed out if your PD is not current when your case comes up, so timing is luck. I will never be retrogressed at this point, so I'm giving them a couple more months as I gather my paperwork.

I have been reading this forum silently and observing the events. My Labor (eb2) was filed in Jul 2002 and got approved in 2006 April and I file 485 in May 2006. Nothing happened as of yet ( no LUD after Jun13 2006). Looks like permanently stuck in Name Check ( If my parents had known this before my birth they would have named me differently to escape this check).

Anyways in Dec 2007 the dates will retrogress then will have 2things to deal with Visa Dates and NAme check.

Planning to file WOM as my dates are passed long ago as per the Processing times.

Any advice. Gurus???

WOM or wait .
If you noticed many 2006 filers who were stuck in namecheck started clearing up since oct.2007 and many got approved this month. I believe those were "simple name hit " cases. For complex cases ( many hits ) it might takes many years to resolve.

I got the same

Today, I recieved a letter from FBI stating that my Name check submission was processed and finalized on October 23rd, 2007. Did any one of you recieve such kind of letter ?? And also does this mean that my My name check is cleared ? They mentioned abt the letter I wrote to First Lady too.

SN4GC
I got the same letter from FBI, however it was a response for the letter that I wrote to the 1st lady, and it says that Name check submission was processed and finalized on October 23rd, 2007 and the result was forwarded to USCIS on the same day. I have about 7 days befor retrogression hits again. What are the chances that I may be the lucky guy?
Thanks

Received Cards

I received cards for myself and my family in today's mail.

Good Luck to everyone.

I am EB-2 India and dates retrogress to Jan 2002 from December 1.

I had given up hope and had not checked status ever since I talked to my attorney about possibility of someone taking note of response to RFE. The lawyer was sympathetic but said the possibility is remote since there are barely 10-12 business days left before end of month.

I checked status today and I don't know why I did it since this was any way a short week. But to my surprise I see "Welcome notice mailed" with a LUD on 11/20/2007.

The same applied to my family. So all of us got approval somewhere this week. I received no emails even though the option to receive email was on.

Following are my details if it helps someone:

Eb-2 India PD 11/2002 ( Own labor)
LC cleared 5/2006
I-140 Approved 10/2007 (upgraded to Premium)
I-485 filed 7/2006
NC cleared 7/2007 (wrote to FL/Senator/COngresswoman)
Can not say if that helped as they
just get the status. I anyway sent
the Thank you not to all so they may
continue to enquire FBI for others
i-485 RFE 10/2007
Response to RFE 11/8/2007
I-485 Approved 11/20/2007 (May be before this date)

Sometimes 15 days can make all the difference. Six years back I missed the bus by that time when my HR did not file my Labor in August 2001. She actually hid the fact from me that a change of policy is coming at end of September 2001 which would affect me. This resulted in labor not being being filed for than a year. Then BEC happened and it kept getting worse and worse specially if one is from high visa demand country like India or China.

At least this time some kind soul at USCIS took a look at RFE and responded in a week's time, probably saving me another 6-8 months.

I feel for those still stuck there. Particularly the fellow BEC sufferer and those stuck in Name Check hole. Hang on, it will happen. Sooner than later and hopefully before this year runs out.

Good Luck. I will hang around to answer any related questions for at least a month.

Name Check status?

Gurus...

How do I know if my Name check is cleared or not. I called the FP office and they told, FP notice was sent the same day I went for Finger Processing.

If you can guide me on that, help will be much more appreciated.

FP and Name check are two different checks. In my experience the only way I could find if my check was clear was by going to nearby USCIS office and checking up with an Immigration Officer.

There is a related thread on name check in I-485 General Information on this site. It is a long thread and contains interesting information.

Hope this helps.

Gurus...

How do I know if my Name check is cleared or not. I called the FP office and they told, FP notice was sent the same day I went for Finger Processing.

If you can guide me on that, help will be much more appreciated.

Wom

WOM or wait .
If you noticed many 2006 filers who were stuck in namecheck started clearing up since oct.2007 and many got approved this month. I believe those were "simple name hit " cases. For complex cases ( many hits ) it might takes many years to resolve.

Thanks gc_mania, I called again and they dont have any news and asked me to wait for 6 months.

Do I need to plan before NOv 30 as my dates retrogress in Dec Bulletin. Will that do any GOOD?

Hi SN4GC

SN4GC

Is it possible to send the format of the letter you sent to First Lady and also the address you used. I will give a try too. Thanks for your help.

I485 - RD 2/21/2007
Stuck in Name Check (I believe)
EB3 Other Countries Current

My turn to share good news. Got approval for my I-485 application on 11-14-07. Here are my details: PD Oct. 2002, EB2 , India (filed as derivative).I-485 RD was 6-19-06.Primary (spouse) and 2 kids got approved in April 07 but I was stuck in name check. After I came to know from infopass and SR response about stuck in background checks, I became proactive and started pursuing my case very actively. I wrote letters to USCIS director, First lady, FBI (some 5 different officers), local FBI, director of local USCIS and so on. I sent snail mail. I contacted my local congresswoman and wrote to both senators to help me. I used to call NSC every Monday to find any activity. MY LUD remained unchanged from 11-28-06.Although the senators office did not give any help the congresswoman office was helpful. In August came to know from congresswoman that name check got cleared in 8-03-07 .This was followed by letter from FBI giving same information. Then I called NSC and came to know that name check is done but internal checks are pending. One week later came to know all checks are done case is waiting to be picked by officer. This was in mid September. Since my fingerprints were expiring in October end I took an infopass. Lady Officer was very helpful (for once!) and emailed to NSC that since my fingerprints were good only till October my case should be decided before. She asked me to call and let them know same thing. After that I became more frequent in calling NSC, but my case did not move. Every time I called I heard new story. End of September I wrote to Ombudsman to help me with my case, got response a week later that they have contacted USCIS and will be following up. But I came to know from NSC that my fingerprints were refreshed on 10/7/07 and were good for another year and half. Finally I got the welcome email on 11/14/07 (with LUD) .On 11/16/07 got another mail about card production. On 11/19/07 got email for approval notice mailed. Waiting for physical cards.
So guys here the journey ends. For all of you waiting I wish you luck and would suggest that be very persuasive and persistent. It helps. But while approaching anyone for help be careful not to use offensive or rude tone if you want to get positive results. Bye and good luck.
I noticed your case was pending even after getting letter from the FBI. I am in the same boat now and was informed by the IO Infopass that they have received all the checks back and are pending review by an officer. I guess it is similar to the 'internal checks' that you had mentioned. I intend to be do things proactively. BTW, when you call the NSC IO, what did you basically inquire about? Did you say that you wanted to know the current status of your case or something else? I know one could find the status from the online case status, which is a shear waste of time. Just wanted to know how to approach the IO. I would appreciate your help in this regard.
Did you us the POJ method, namely, 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, enter receipt#, 1, 3, 4?
Thanks.

Thanks gc_mania, I called again and they dont have any news and asked me to wait for 6 months.

Do I need to plan before NOv 30 as my dates retrogress in Dec Bulletin. Will that do any GOOD?

If your visa date is unavailable, having NC cleared will not give you any benefits. You cannot file WoM because USCIS will get it dismissed very easily.

How to retrieve electronic form of AR-11 ?

I filed it online , i thought i will take print out after filing change of address for pending I-485, but there was no link afterwards. Is there a way to print it out by giving the control number ?

I am attaching the format of the Letter I sent to First Lady and you can find the address in the letter. I sent this letter by USPS First Class. Hope this will be helpfull to the others too.

SN

Is it possible to send the format of the letter you sent to First Lady and also the address you used. I will give a try too. Thanks for your help.

I485 - RD 2/21/2007
Stuck in Name Check (I believe)
EB3 Other Countries Current

Waiting for i-485 Approval

If your visa date is unavailable, having NC cleared will not give you any benefits. You cannot file WoM because USCIS will get it dismissed very easily.

Thanks, which means the options are limited. WIll talk to a lawyer tomorrow.

Card received

I receieved the card and welcome notice in mail on 11/23/07. Its one week after the card production was ordered.

Also received spouse RFE. Its about getting TB Skin test done. They sent the I-693 medical form back in a sealed envelope. And also stated that G-325A having photocopied signature.

1. For I-693.
After researching about the RFE, we found that TB skin test has to be taken now and followed by an X-ray if it turns +ve. She did not take it originally and had only a chest X-ray at the time of filing because of a previous +ve skin test taken few years ago. It looks like now its mandatory that skin test has to be taken even if the doctor says its not needed.

2. For G-325 A
I googled about the signature and found that USCIS recommends signing the forms in BLUE ink to identify original signatures. So we have to send in that form again.

Approval Notice Sent

Finally got an LUD today (after the holidays) saying that my approval notice was sent on November 23 (Friday!).

Checked the website and saw an LUD for my 485! Clicked (thinking it was yet another soft LUD) and lo and behold: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

I never got an approval notice or anything though. I'm assuming this will come in the mail regardless?

And for the question that's been asked 10 billion times (but am too excited to do a search but I will if it's that annoying a question)... how long til I get it... approximately?